Bucs-Cowboys opener begins with Black national anthem

I don't watch any pro sports at all now because of shit like this. At first it was because this all pissed me off, I just wanted to watch a game. Now I'm starting to not really care if I ever watch them again or not.

I can play games, read, watch a movie, go for a walk, or do any of 10,000 other things. I don't have to watch sports.

I hope NFL teams go bankrupt. I watch sports to get away from reality, not have it shoved down my throat. I get way too much reality as it is, I don't want more. And certainly don't want a social agenda shoved in my face.
That is what makes this country so great. We can get up and leave whenever we want to and return to enjoy whatever we think is worth our attention whenever we want to.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. In other words, don't let the bad ruin whatever is still good enough to stick around for in your opinion.

I don't watch football any more. I'm not like Biden and will make everyone do as I want them to do. You're the cuck, for Biden.

Many of us quit watching the assorted ThuggzzBaw flavors back in the late'80's and '90's, national anthem or no; we saw what was coming and felt no desire to add to the bank accounts of billionaires and their pet herd animals.

You won't be the only one. The people in the stands should turn their backs or yell and stamp their feet.
If the people in the stands turned their backs the media would say they were against the National Anthem. Better to sing along. Seventy thousand people singing the National Anthem might make a very positive impression.

The Black national anthem was played ahead of the NFL’s first game of the season between the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the Dallas Cowboys on Thursday night.

The NBC broadcast played a video of Alicia Keys singing "Lift Every Voice and Sing" while the Florida A&M University Concert Choir joined in from Raymond James Stadium. Players from both teams stood in their respective end zones and locked arms to show unity ahead of the game.

Lift Every Voice and Sing" was played before the start of Week 1 games during the 2020 NFL season, and Front Office Sports reported in July the NFL planned to make the song a "prominent part of big league events."

The national anthem is usually only heard before early-season games or some primetime games, the Super Bowl and the NFL Draft. "Lift Every Voice and Sing" was played before Super Bowl LV and the draft in April.

(Excerpt) Read more at foxnews.com ...

That is one of the reasons I stopped watching professional football and basketball. When they go political, go “woke”; I go away.
Sweet, good for them! Thanks for sharing

At what point does this become embarrassing? Promoting policies for people to screw and have babies and abortions without any concerns, cause this. All ethnic groups should demand their own national anthems to be sung. And with the groups who have multiple ethnic and racial backgrounds in their heritage they need anthems also. I propose a 12 hour before the game anthem fest. Hundreds and thousands of song to be sung. So it will not be a bid deal. And of course, all fans will be mandated to show up. Agree?
Wow, you get all that from a song?
At some Sprint Cup races held near the border, such as Watkins Glen, N.Y.; Loudon, N.H. and Brooklyn, Mich., there are so many Canadian fans in attendance that their national anthem is played before “The Star Spangled Banner.“
Now, I'm offended.

Sweet, good for them! Thanks for sh

I wasn't aware that American Blacks were a separate nation.
exactly. if they want to be a sperate nation leave and make one. they are ungreatfull to country that gave them the freedom to play the sports they love. kick them out to island some where and let them, fin for themselves.

Time for Trumaciles to boycott NASCAR.

June 28, 2020
Before Sunday’s NASCAR race at Pocono, saxophonist Mike Phillips performed an incredible take on the pre-race national anthem that has people talking.

Phillips performed a section of James Weldon Johnson's "Lift Every Voice and Sing," which is often referred to as the Black national anthem, before transitioning to the Star-Spangled Banner and then back again to Lift Every Voice and Sing.

Time for Trumaciles to boycott NASCAR.

June 28, 2020
Before Sunday’s NASCAR race at Pocono, saxophonist Mike Phillips performed an incredible take on the pre-race national anthem that has people talking.

Phillips performed a section of James Weldon Johnson's "Lift Every Voice and Sing," which is often referred to as the Black national anthem, before transitioning to the Star-Spangled Banner and then back again to Lift Every Voice and Sing.
any sport tht has more black then white plater is screwed. racist blavks are taken over . ugh the new nazis.

exactly. if they want to be a sperate nation leave and make one. they are ungreatfull to country that gave them the freedom to play the sports they love. kick them out to island some where and let them, fin for themselves.
You're not in any position to make demands cuck. We are. If you don't like it tough tits.

Seems as if the entire point went right over your head

any sport tht has more black then white plater is screwed. racist blavks are taken over . ugh the new nazis.
Black players have to compete just like white people do.
They also get cut, just like white people do, get suspended, etc.

Last week, the New England Patriots officially moved into a new era under center when they named rookie Mac Jones their starting quarterback and released Cam Newton. The move was considered something of a surprise in league circles since Newton had been the presumptive starter through much of the preseason.

Adam Jones told Shannon Sharpe on Club Shay Shay he was suspended for the entire 2007 NFL season because he was going to strip clubs.

They usually name and show the players at the beginning of a game. Count the number of white players and black players for kicks and grins. Football is a mostly black man’s game at the professional level. Perhaps that is why the owners cater to the desires of the black players to show their displeasure with our nation.

However the mere fact that a higher percentage of players are black but yet football is still popular undermines allegations that white supremacy rules all in our nation.

Of course if the black players push too hard people will simply stop watching pro football. The reason for that will be people watch sports as an escape and get pissed when politics is mixed with sports.

I know several people who have quit watching football last year because the players disrespected the National Anthem. One is back to watching again And I am not sure abut the others.

Every damn thing in life doesn’t have to involve politics.

Forgive me is this is a dumb question, but what exactly is the Black National Anthem? Is it a whole other song or does it just mean that our nation's song is being done by an African American person?

God bless you always!!!

Holly
Here you go, Holly. They explain a little about its history at the start. It's an inspirational, positive song. Hope you enjoy it.

I'd be all for reparations if it would consist of free one-way tickets to Liberia. ALL aboard.....

Fuck the kneeling drama queens. I don't miss watching overgrown clowns playing their little games and doing moronic dances in the end zone.

Last edited:
Sports are always connected with politics. Black sports began to rise in the United States since the Caribbean crisis, the illusion is created that black athletes are significantly better than whites in their athletic condition, but we know perfectly well how modern pharmaceutical highly specialized sports are cooked.
If blacks had superior athletic fitness, they would have taken CrossFit as well, but there is no narrow specialization in CrossFit, so they cannot do that.
They do similar tricks with women's sports. For example, a mass spectator may not pay attention to the fact that in women Shot put the ball 2 times less in weight. Since the days of Ali, boxing has slipped into a British style of play, where women have more chances. Etc

At what point does this become embarrassing? Promoting policies for people to screw and have babies and abortions without any concerns, cause this. All ethnic groups should demand their own national anthems to be sung. And with the groups who have multiple ethnic and racial backgrounds in their heritage they need anthems also. I propose a 12 hour before the game anthem fest. Hundreds and thousands of song to be sung. So it will not be a bid deal. And of course, all fans will be mandated to show up. Agree?

We could demand all Democrats learn and sing every 'national anthem' in existence at the beginning of every Party meeting and opening gavel of Congress, and show proof they're really singing them, that way no piss ant gruop of sniveling little asshats fell left out and the Party truly represents 'Diversity'; they can even make it a requirement to vote in their Primaries.

Are you nuts? I have never attended a single NFL game where the National Anthem was not played!
Well, according to the Fox News link in the OP: The national anthem is usually only heard before early-season games or some primetime games, the Super Bowl and the NFL Draft.

Forum List

Back