Brioche Habit?

And you claim I'm an elitist snob?

I'm not the one who spends the day trying to tell people they suck... unlike you do.

And you are going on ignore
Is Terre-Haute in New Orleans, bread boy?

Random fact:

There’s the story about Marie Antoinette saying “let them eat cake” when she heard about the people of Paris not having enough bread to eat.

This isn’t an exact translation from the original French. She actually (allegedly) said “qu’ils mangent de la brioche”, or “let them eat brioche”.

For those in America they really don't have a clue to what it is.

But possibly if they spent any time in Europe and had good bread from an exceptional bakery. (Which isn't exactly common in the States)

But I was curious if anyone else was missing good brioche bread for breakfast?

It's way too easy to get hooked on it for breakfast.

Brioche is France's version of Wonder Bread. The French used to look down breads that did not have a crust and which they call a "pain de mie", but brioche somehow got a pass. And brioche was never the most popular bread for breakfast with most French preferring a "biscuit sec" or fresh baguette in the morning.

If the U.S.'s ability to make a good brioche is questioned, on the other side of the Atlantic in Europe, not one country is capable of making the equivalent of a good New York bagel.
I can't understand why.

This sounds a lot like the Mead thread where the guy said Americans dont know anything about it.
Same Author?
No...
I have looked at various bakeries around the middle TN area and come up empty. Tried several of them and gotten nowhere.

Apparently it's just a European thing.
The croissants here don't taste the same.

We have several bakeries in my area that make brioche bread along with a shit ton of other types.
And you don't get any for breakfast? Toasted brioche is like eating pie for breakfast. Very eggy and rich but very tender at the same time.

A little raspberry jam or Nutella and off you go till lunch.

Brioche is alright but I'm more into Sourdough and Rye breads.
Oh hey, I'm all about some good sourdough and rye myself.

But you don't really have those for breakfast. Not exactly the same thing as a good, chewy sourdough or strong flavored rye/pumpernickel.

A loaf of brioche will run around $10/1lb loaf. (Little more or less depending)

But it's really a breakfast bread...kinda like an adult pop tart for breakfast. It tastes of eggs and butter and is really flaky when toasted. The jam or Nutella just helps it go down.
Sourdough takes time to make from the starter but brioche requires 2 days minimum to come out well. The butter needs to be cold to bake in right.

Oh hey, I'm all about some good sourdough and rye myself.

But you don't really have those for breakfast. Not exactly the same thing as a good, chewy sourdough or strong flavored rye/pumpernickel.

A loaf of brioche will run around $10/1lb loaf. (Little more or less depending)

But it's really a breakfast bread...kinda like an adult pop tart for breakfast. It tastes of eggs and butter and is really flaky when toasted. The jam or Nutella just helps it go down.
Sourdough takes time to make from the starter but brioche requires 2 days minimum to come out well. The butter needs to be cold to bake in right.

I've had bread pudding and french toast made with brioche and it was amazing.
But if I want something sweet for breakfast I'll go with a donut,waffles or pancakes.

Forum List

Back