Breaking - Thug Fight: 9 Dead in Waco, TX

repubracists_590_413.jpg

with malice and forethought yeah really moron

And that is about the extent of the answer(s) I have been able to find.

It is a myth. THe South went Republican because it grew a middle class.

Poor whites kept voting dem. The new middle class is the one that started voting GOP, and flipped the South.

Republican/GOP Racism: The History

Something that’s rarely mentioned is how the voting power of the modern Republican party is largely grounded in racist sentiments that grew out of racist disfavor toward:

1. A Democratic administration who passed the Civil Rights Act of 1964
  2. A subsequent switch of African Americans who began voting Democrat due to policy changes in Republican circles intended to gain the ‘anti-black’ vote.
It’s no secret that historically, it had been the Democratic Party who had catered to racist sentiment. Abraham Lincoln was himself a Republican (as Republicans happily point out). Martin Luther King was also a Republican in his day. But what people generally overlook is this: After 1964, when the Civil Rights Act passed under a Democratic administration, America’s racists switched to the Republican Party. The history of the electoral map makes this quite clear. 2016 Presidential Election Interactive Map and History of the Electoral College

After the Act passed, the electorate in the south went to the Republican party. The only exceptions to this are in 1968 when the South actually voted for George Wallace (who ran as an American Independent; a party that had very pro-segregation views) and Jimmy Carter, an evangelist from the South who unlike future Democrats, would have the backing of popular evangelists. You can see the voting trends for yourself below.

In other words, the Democratic party indeed used to be the party of racists, but this changed after 1964. Those who attempt to tie the Democratic party to racism rely well into the past in order to claim that the Democratic party is the party of racism.
[3]

small-republican-racism-tea-party-racist-612x1024.jpg

Republican Racism Tea Party Racism GOP Tactics Fact and Myth

And that's because the South has always been (overall) decidedly conservative. It's the culture. Political parties shift with the winds but social cultures -- not so much. The Republican party was ignored in the Shout for a century because, at the time it was created, it represented bold liberal ideas and "big government". That changed, and eventually the electorate followed.

Fun fact: after the CRA passed in 1964, not only did Strom Thurmond open the floodgates by doing the unthinkable switching to the Party of Lincoln, but in the same year George Wallace petitioned Barry Goldwater to be his running mate. Goldwater of course declined but also had to talk Wallace out of running on his own (as he would later in '68 and '72) since Wallace would siphon off Goldwater's ability to break into the South after all that time.

Strom Thurmond switched.

Robert Byrd did not.

The claim has been made that these old racist switched to the GOP. It has not been supported.
OK so you claim its Democrats who are racist...how come the racist vote for the GOP ? how come

Lee Atwater

Ken Mehlman

I have asked you to support your claim. Citing Authority is not support, it is a Logical Fallacy.

What policies or actions were supposedly taken to get these racists to switch to the GOP?

Rhetoric? That's how the GOP took a dozen states away from the dems?

The dems never thought to point out that the GOP wasn't living up to this supposedly rhetoric?

The President who signed the Civil Rights Act...that would be Democrat President LBJ...I give him credit because credit is due ................

I have asked you to support your claim. Citing Authority is not support, it is a Logical Fallacy.

What policies or actions were supposedly taken to get these racists to switch to the GOP?

You have been posting your rather stupid opinion that the rise of the Middle class not racism is what makes the GOP popular among the Neo Confederates..
.you have not supported that in any way shape or form...I on the other hand have provided links quotes and information.... Not one Iota of support for your mindless theory

And that's because the South has always been (overall) decidedly conservative. It's the culture. Political parties shift with the winds but social cultures -- not so much. The Republican party was ignored in the Shout for a century because, at the time it was created, it represented bold liberal ideas and "big government". That changed, and eventually the electorate followed.

Fun fact: after the CRA passed in 1964, not only did Strom Thurmond open the floodgates by doing the unthinkable switching to the Party of Lincoln, but in the same year George Wallace petitioned Barry Goldwater to be his running mate. Goldwater of course declined but also had to talk Wallace out of running on his own (as he would later in '68 and '72) since Wallace would siphon off Goldwater's ability to break into the South after all that time.

Is that right, you lying fuck?

So Wallace was an opponent to the New Deal,. to AFDC, to food stamps, to agricultural subsidies? You say your brother democrats were "conservative," you lying fuck, in what way were they? Did Wallace, Al Gore, Oval Faubus, Fritz Hollings, et al promote reductions in the size and scope of government?

Or is it that you're just a partisan pile of shit telling the big lie in an attempt to rewrite history in favor of you filthy party?

We ALL know the answer to that, you lying fuck.

Rhetoric? That's how the GOP took a dozen states away from the dems?

The dems never thought to point out that the GOP wasn't living up to this supposedly rhetoric?

The President who signed the Civil Rights Act...that would be Democrat President LBJ...I give him credit because credit is due ................

Sure. And even though you did not state it clearly I can see how this would anger racist dems.

It does nothing to support your claim that the GOP pandered to those racists to get them to switch.

Are you trying to find examples? If you are trying and can't find any, what does that tell you?

You have shown that one racist exists.

Do you understand that that does not at all support your claim that the GOP pandered to racists in order to get them to switch?

Ken Mehlman ...GOP Chairman apologized for racism...you said he was one man

Lee Atwater decribed the GOP strategy to use racism...you simply ignored it ...grow up

Are you trying to find examples? If you are trying and can't find any, what does that tell you?

Ken Mehlman who was the chairperson of the GOP acknowledge racism...Lee Atwater GOP strategist described the action plan....you just ignore all that and keep mouth breathing your mindless opinion that it was the rise of the Middle class that makes the GOP popular among KKK members

You have been posting your rather stupid opinion that the rise of the Middle class not racism is what makes the GOP popular among the Neo Confederates..
.you have not supported that in any way shape or form...I on the other hand have provided links quotes and information.... Not one Iota of support for your mindless theory

That's because you are the one that made your claim and i challenged you to back it up, which you have not been able to do.

Here, learn.

From that right wing rag the New York Times.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/12/10/magazine/10Section2b.t-4.html?_r=0

"But in the 50s and 60s, Democrats embraced the civil rights movement, costing them the white Southern vote. Meanwhile, the Republican Party successfully wooed disaffected white racists with a “Southern strategy” that championed “states’ rights.”

It’s an easy story to believe, but this year two political scientists called it into question. In their book “The End of Southern Exceptionalism,” Richard Johnston of the University of Pennsylvania and Byron Shafer of the University of Wisconsin argue that the shift in the South from Democratic to Republican was overwhelmingly a question not of race but of economic growth. In the postwar era, they note, the South transformed itself from a backward region to an engine of the national economy, giving rise to a sizable new wealthy suburban class. This class, not surprisingly, began to vote for the party that best represented its economic interests: the G.O.P. Working-class whites, however — and here’s the surprise — even those in areas with large black populations, stayed loyal to the Democrats. (This was true until the 90s, when the nation as a whole turned rightward in Congressional voting.)

The two scholars support their claim with an extensive survey of election returns and voter surveys. To give just one example: in the 50s, among Southerners in the low-income tercile, 43 percent voted for Republican Presidential candidates, while in the high-income tercile, 53 percent voted Republican; by the 80s, those figures were 51 percent and 77 percent, respectively. Wealthy Southerners shifted rightward in droves but poorer ones didn’t."

I made the claim the GOP is racist and that is why they are stronger in the racist South...

Yes, but you're a partisan hack with zero integrity.

You are a demagogue who slanders the enemies of your filthy party - not based on fact. You spew you usual libel of "racist" as you mindless drones tend to do.

I supported that with information fvrom GOP leaders and insiders...you being a slack jaw moron made the claim that the GOP is strong in the South because "the South developed a Middle class"

No you don't. You post slander from the Soroh hate sites based on innuendo, half-truths, and outright lies.

Bottom line

I supported what I said with information and with links ...you are reduced to repeating your numb nuts opinion...anyone following the thread will be able to see that.....

Bottom line, you're a scumbag.

Do you understand that that does not at all support your claim that the GOP pandered to racists in order to get them to switch?

Lee Atwater decribed the GOP strategy to use racism...you simply ignored it ...grow up

Lee Atwater talks smack about using rhetoric about forced bussing. But Nixon was the biggest forced busing guy of them all.

His claims do not match GOP policy.

I have asked you to support your claim with examples of racist policies the GOP used to pander to racist. Lee Atwater's transcript does not do that.

Lee Atwater talks smack about using rhetoric about forced bussing. But Nixon was the biggest forced busing guy of them all.

I have asked you to support your claim with examples of racist policies the GOP used to pander to racist. Lee Atwater's transcript does not do that.

sure sure wing nut ...Ken Mehlman apologized for GOP racism...Lee Atwater described the process ...Colin Powell pointed it out and was lambasted...and you are a wing nut

After former Secretary of State Colin Powell delivered some harsh words towards the GOP, saying that some parts of the party have a"deep vein of intolerance,"conservatives were not too happy.

Powell? The black man who the GOP made into a powerful and rich man?

Who the GOP base was ready to put in the White House if he had run against Bill Clinton?

That Colin POwell?
That is the guy ...in spite of that he and Ken Mehlman former GOP chairman realize what you deny...GOP depends on racism for votes ..Have I mentioned Lee Atwater?

sure sure wing nut ...Ken Mehlman apologized for GOP racism...Lee Atwater described the process ...Colin Powell pointed it out and was lambasted...and you are a wing nut

Lee Atwater's words do not match GOP policies.

Nixon de segregated tons of southern schools. How is that pandering to racist Southerns?

Forum List

Back