Breaking - Thug Fight: 9 Dead in Waco, TX

foxnews-tea-party-racism.jpg

Republicans in this thread just conveniently went blind and never saw this post

Saw it...Proved nothing, so not worth commenting on.

I bet you think those pictures have something to do with not liking his policies, dont you?

No, I think that there's nothing in most of them that have ANYTHING to do with the Tea Party and one where a guy at an open rally had a rude sign. But, I'm sure YOU consider that iron clad proof, right?

You hacks are amusing.

Pictures are usually proof. Only in RW land is an actual photo not an actual photo.

I notice you like to talk really vague, good. If you had a point you'd make it

Oh my...was my meaning not clear to you? I agree that they are pictures. I agree that some of the pictures have rude words and negative messages. I see nothing that says they were put out by the Tea Party. When you can provide proof that they are, I'll read it.

NOte the lack of cons denying the criminality of these thugs, making excuse for them, blaming the cops, blaming society, ect, ect. ect.

Note that people protesting Police brutality and oppression are not the same as methamphetamine dealers , drunks and killers ....no Police hogtied any of these punks nor did Police wantonly kill one of them by "snapping their spines"

Micheal Brown wasn't wantonly killed and the libs and blacks rushed forth to take his side.

We do not see the same behavior on the other side of this debate.

If we were mirror images of you libs, we could find a "reason" to be outraged.

BUt, thankfully, we are not.

Republicans in this thread just conveniently went blind and never saw this post

I bet you think those pictures have something to do with not liking his policies, dont you?

No, I think that there's nothing in most of them that have ANYTHING to do with the Tea Party and one where a guy at an open rally had a rude sign. But, I'm sure YOU consider that iron clad proof, right?

You hacks are amusing.

Pictures are usually proof. Only in RW land is an actual photo not an actual photo.

Oh my...was my meaning not clear to you? I agree that they are pictures. I agree that some of the pictures have rude words and negative messages. I see nothing that says they were put out by the Tea Party. When you can provide proof that they are, I'll read it.

I like the way you keep replacing "racist" with the term rude, its cute.

Obama witch doctor t-shirts a big hit at Tea Party convention theGrio You can act like you didnt see this one

Addicting Info Racist Obama T-Shirts Big Hit With Tea Party Conventioneers AND this one

Tea Party Express Racist Letter Mother Jones and then you can deny that you saw any of it.

But I know, what you're going to do is ignore all of it and simply say "thats not proof" to keep yourself in denial.

Maybe you know, what policies did the GOP use to supposedly pander to racists?

Maybe you can point out what policies of the GOP "
grew the middle class" ...waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...go ahead mental cripple make your case that the South flipped "because the Middle class grew"

YOu made the claim, support it.

Or admit that you cannot.

WHat policies did the GOP use to supposedly pander to racists?

You hacks are amusing.

Obama witch doctor t-shirts a big hit at Tea Party convention theGrio You can act like you didnt see this one

Addicting Info Racist Obama T-Shirts Big Hit With Tea Party Conventioneers AND this one

Tea Party Express Racist Letter Mother Jones and then you can deny that you saw any of it.

But I know, what you're going to do is ignore all of it and simply say "thats not proof" to keep yourself in denial.

Ah, so your proof comes from partisan blogs. Yeah, that's convincing. But, as I promised, I read the articles and gave the "proof" you provided the weight it deserved. If you have nothing more substantial, I think I'll go mow the yard.

Name the racists who control the Republican Party (and back it up with facts, not opinions).
GOP: 'We were wrong' to play racial politics
By Richard Benedetto, USA TODAY
Republican National Committee Chairman Ken Mehlman apologized to one of the nation's largest black civil rights groups Thursday, saying Republicans had not done enough to court blacks in the past and had exploited racial strife to court white voters, particularly in the South.
USATODAY.com - GOP We were wrong to play racial politics

House GOP Whip Spoke at White Supremacist Convention ...

Really? How did we do it?
with malice and forethought yeah really moron

And that is about the extent of the answer(s) I have been able to find.

It is a myth. THe South went Republican because it grew a middle class.

Poor whites kept voting dem. The new middle class is the one that started voting GOP, and flipped the South.

Republican/GOP Racism: The History

Something that’s rarely mentioned is how the voting power of the modern Republican party is largely grounded in racist sentiments that grew out of racist disfavor toward:

1. A Democratic administration who passed the Civil Rights Act of 1964
  2. A subsequent switch of African Americans who began voting Democrat due to policy changes in Republican circles intended to gain the ‘anti-black’ vote.
It’s no secret that historically, it had been the Democratic Party who had catered to racist sentiment. Abraham Lincoln was himself a Republican (as Republicans happily point out). Martin Luther King was also a Republican in his day. But what people generally overlook is this: After 1964, when the Civil Rights Act passed under a Democratic administration, America’s racists switched to the Republican Party. The history of the electoral map makes this quite clear. 2016 Presidential Election Interactive Map and History of the Electoral College

After the Act passed, the electorate in the south went to the Republican party. The only exceptions to this are in 1968 when the South actually voted for George Wallace (who ran as an American Independent; a party that had very pro-segregation views) and Jimmy Carter, an evangelist from the South who unlike future Democrats, would have the backing of popular evangelists. You can see the voting trends for yourself below.

In other words, the Democratic party indeed used to be the party of racists, but this changed after 1964. Those who attempt to tie the Democratic party to racism rely well into the past in order to claim that the Democratic party is the party of racism.
[3]

small-republican-racism-tea-party-racist-612x1024.jpg

Republican Racism Tea Party Racism GOP Tactics Fact and Myth

All you have done is restate the accusation.

What racist policies were enacted in order to supposedly pander to these racists to get them to switch?

Name the racists who control the Republican Party (and back it up with facts, not opinions).
Republican National Committee Chairman Ken Mehlman apologized to one of the nation's largest black civil rights groups Thursday, saying Republicans had not done enough to court blacks in the past and had exploited racial strife to court white voters, particularly in the South.

Poor whites kept voting dem. The new middle class is the one that started voting GOP, and flipped the South.

Something that’s rarely mentioned is how the voting power of the modern Republican party is largely grounded in racist sentiments that grew out of racist disfavor toward:

2. A subsequent switch of African Americans who began voting Democrat due to policy changes in Republican circles intended to gain the ‘anti-black’ vote.
It’s no secret that historically, it had been the Democratic Party who had catered to racist sentiment. Abraham Lincoln was himself a Republican (as Republicans happily point out). Martin Luther King was also a Republican in his day. But what people generally overlook is this: After 1964, when the Civil Rights Act passed under a Democratic administration, America’s racists switched to the Republican Party. The history of the electoral map makes this quite clear. 2016 Presidential Election Interactive Map and History of the Electoral College

After the Act passed, the electorate in the south went to the Republican party. The only exceptions to this are in 1968 when the South actually voted for George Wallace (who ran as an American Independent; a party that had very pro-segregation views) and Jimmy Carter, an evangelist from the South who unlike future Democrats, would have the backing of popular evangelists. You can see the voting trends for yourself below.

In other words, the Democratic party indeed used to be the party of racists, but this changed after 1964. Those who attempt to tie the Democratic party to racism rely well into the past in order to claim that the Democratic party is the party of racism.
[3]

And that's because the South has always been (overall) decidedly conservative. It's the culture. Political parties shift with the winds but social cultures -- not so much. The Republican party was ignored in the Shout for a century because, at the time it was created, it represented bold liberal ideas and "big government". That changed, and eventually the electorate followed.

Fun fact: after the CRA passed in 1964, not only did Strom Thurmond open the floodgates by doing the unthinkable switching to the Party of Lincoln, but in the same year George Wallace petitioned Barry Goldwater to be his running mate. Goldwater of course declined but also had to talk Wallace out of running on his own (as he would later in '68 and '72) since Wallace would siphon off Goldwater's ability to break into the South after all that time.

grew the middle class" ...waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...go ahead mental cripple make your case that the South flipped "because the Middle class grew"

I made the claim the GOP is racist and that is why they are stronger in the racist South... I supported that with information fvrom GOP leaders and insiders...you being a slack jaw moron made the claim that the GOP is strong in the South because "the South developed a Middle class"

Bottom line

I supported what I said with information and with links ...you are reduced to repeating your numb nuts opinion...anyone following the thread will be able to see that.....

You're just wingin' it at this point. You're out of your depth here boy.

The Republican Party were the Liberals, not the conservatives. "Conserving the Constitution" is not what conservatism means. :rofl:

Hey, if you're going to lie, make it a BIG LIE, you partisan pile of shit.

You're no liberal, you're a leftist.

[
So what policies did the GOP put forth to pander to white racist?
Ask Ken Mehlman former head of the GOP who apologized for racism in the GOP....

I'm asking you. YOu made the claim. Support it.
You , being a moron, made the claim the South is GOP because it grew a Middle class...you made the claim but so far you have not supported it with anything except your worthless opinions ....,make your case moron that the GOP is popular among racists because "the middle class grew"...I on the other hand make my case by citing GOP leaders acknowledging racism...here is another one
Lee Atwater's Infamous 1981 Interview on the Southern Strategy

I've read the transcripts. There is no evidence that he ever discussed his views with anyone out loud. There is not mention of any policies that were enacted to pander to racisst.

Nixon forced a lot of de segregation upon SOuthern schools.

That is no way to pander to racists.

What racist policies were enacted in order to supposedly pander to these racists to get them to switch?

I provided links and information but you claim the popularity of the GOP in the South is not about racism but because "the middle class grew" ...links please...

I made the claim the GOP is racist and that is why they are stronger in the racist South... I supported that with information fvrom GOP leaders and insiders...you being a slack jaw moron made the claim that the GOP is strong in the South because "the South developed a Middle class"

Bottom line

I supported what I said with information and with links ...you are reduced to repeating your numb nuts opinion...anyone following the thread will be able to see that.....

None of your links discuss what policies were enacted to pander to these racists.

Not an opinion. You have not explain how this supposedly pandering was done.

[3]

"Policies" aren't what draws voters or incites them to switch --- rhetoric is.

Ronald Reagan kicked off his 1980 Presidential campaign in Philadelphia .... the one in Mississippi -- the one that was a flash point of civil rights conflict -- talking "states rights", which immediately establishes an emotional connection with the Old South. That's the kind of pandering that draws votes.

But if you want an actual policy, that's easy. The 1964 CRA. Prompted Thurmond to switch publicly, prompted Wallace to consider either going indie or running as a Republican's running mate, and prompted the South to vote Republican to a level not seen since Reconstruction.

You hacks are amusing.

Ah, so your proof comes from partisan blogs. Yeah, that's convincing. But, as I promised, I read the articles and gave the "proof" you provided the weight it deserved. If you have nothing more substantial, I think I'll go mow the yard.

Told you. Simple question: Are you saying the blogs and news sites are lying? If you arent then you have no rebuttal. If you are you have the burden of proof showing the lie.

[3]

And that's because the South has always been (overall) decidedly conservative. It's the culture. Political parties shift with the winds but social cultures -- not so much. The Republican party was ignored in the Shout for a century because, at the time it was created, it represented bold liberal ideas and "big government". That changed, and eventually the electorate followed.

Fun fact: after the CRA passed in 1964, not only did Strom Thurmond open the floodgates by doing the unthinkable switching to the Party of Lincoln, but in the same year George Wallace petitioned Barry Goldwater to be his running mate. Goldwater of course declined but also had to talk Wallace out of running on his own (as he would later in '68 and '72) since Wallace would siphon off Goldwater's ability to break into the South after all that time.

Strom Thurmond switched.

Robert Byrd did not.

The claim has been made that these old racist switched to the GOP. It has not been supported.

None of your links discuss what policies were enacted to pander to these racists.

Not an opinion. You have not explain how this supposedly pandering was done.
None of your links respond to the acknowledgement by Ken Mehlman of GOP racism...you have not responded to the Lee Atwater video I posted in which he described the Southern Strategy to win the racist south...here is Lee:

You start out in 1954 by saying, “Ni**er, ni**er, ni**er.” By 1968 you can’t say “ni**er”—that hurts you, backfires. So you say stuff like, uh, forced busing, states’ rights, and all that stuff, and you’re getting so abstract. Now, you’re talking about cutting taxes, and all these things you’re talking about are totally economic things and a byproduct of them is, blacks get hurt worse than whites.… “We want to cut this,” is much more abstract than even the busing thing, uh, and a hell of a lot more abstract than “Ni**er, ni**er.”

LOL its too easy ...

[3]

Strom Thurmond switched.

Robert Byrd did not.

The claim has been made that these old racist switched to the GOP. It has not been supported.
OK so you claim its Democrats who are racist...how come the racist vote for the GOP ? how come

Lee Atwater

Ken Mehlman

[3]

"Policies" aren't what draws voters or incites them to switch --- rhetoric is.

Ronald Reagan kicked off his 1980 Presidential campaign in Philadelphia .... the one in Mississippi -- the one that was a flash point of civil rights conflict -- talking "states rights", which immediately establishes an emotional connection with the Old South. That's the kind of pandering that draws votes.

But if you want an actual policy, that's easy. The 1964 CRA. Prompted Thurmond to switch publicly, prompted Wallace to consider either going indie or running as a Republican's running mate, and prompted the South to vote Republican to a level not seen since Reconstruction.

The Republican Party supported the 1964 CRA more strongly than the Dems did. That's an odd way to get racists to join your party.

"By party[edit]
The original House version:[20]

• Democratic Party: 152–96 (61–39%)
  • Republican Party: 138–34 (80–20%)
Cloture in the Senate:[21]

• Democratic Party: 44–23 (66–34%)
  • Republican Party: 27–6 (82–18%)
The Senate version:[20]

• Democratic Party: 46–21 (69–31%)
  • Republican Party: 27–6 (82–18%)
The Senate version, voted on by the House:[20]

• Democratic Party: 153–91 (63–37%)
  • Republican Party: 136–35 (80–20%)"

Rhetoric? That's how the GOP took a dozen states away from the dems?

The dems never thought to point out that the GOP wasn't living up to this supposedly rhetoric?

Forum List

Back