Breaking: Black Panthers Headed Back To Poll Stations to Monitor Them

Video evidence is meaningless

The video shows nothing but two black men standing there. What is it that you think you see?

Who was intimidated, specifically?

So if no one complained, it isn't a case of voter intimidation?

For all practical purposes, that's right. No complaint makes it impossible to prove. No proof means presumption of innocence applies.

I do not know Pennsylvania state laws or federal election laws well enough to know if it meets the legal definition of it however.

But, presumably, the AGs of the Penn. and the US do, right? How do the righties get around this? They accuse two other black men, the US AG and the president of giving these other black men special treatment. No racism going on here, right?

It's their actions that matter.

Duh. And there is no evidence whatsoever that they acted in a way that intimidated a voter. None.

the police should have enforced anti-loitering laws

The two black gentleman claim to have been "poll watchers". They claim to have been there to observe and report any white on black intimidation, which is of course more the norm in the United States.

Witness corroboration combined with the video doesn't count as evidence? In all other court cases that I've heard of that is evidence that needs to be considered when determining a case.

They crossed the line from simple poll watchers to intimidators when they allegedly spoke what they did as the witnesses reported.

The video shows nothing but two black men standing there.
Wait so it is ok for you to point out they are black? and leave out that weapon in his hand?

What is it that you think you see?
What I see is a man brandishing a weapon in his hand. If he had it in a hip holster I would probably agree the video evidence is not enough, but he didn't he is holding it in his hand at the ready.

Perhaps you are unaware but you do not have to actually intimidate anyone to be prosecuted under the law. You simply have to have the intent.

Last edited:
Witness corroboration combined with the video doesn't count as evidence?

Corroboration of what? Two black men standing there? Video of what? Two black men standing there? You need to tell me, specifically, who was intimidated. If you can't, there's no case.

They crossed the line from simple poll watchers to intimidators when they allegedly spoke what they did as the witnesses reported.

What words were spoken at the polling place, to a voter, that constituted intimidation? Who were these words spoken to?

The video shows nothing but two black men standing there. What is it that you think you see?

Tell ya what, my mother who is old would be intimidated by anyone standing in front of a polling place smacking batons into the palms of their hands.

So again change the color of the people standing there with the clubs. You have two skin heads there doing that, don't you think old black ladies would fee intimidated?

I would certainly call that intimidation.

What I see is a man brandishing a weapon in his hand.

And what specific law is he breaking by holding the stick?

You simply have to have the intent.

And how praytell are you going to prove intent?

Here we go again. The Black Panthers are going back to monitor polls to make sure voter fraud doesn't take place. We know the real truth don't we why they are going back to them? Obama should stand up and be a leader and tell them to stand down after the controversy they caused during the election of 08. Will Obama do it?

Michelle Malkin New Black Panther thugs head back to polls; Democrat panelist blocks Civil Rights Commish report

Before the Philly New Black Panther Party radicals showed up at a voting booth in 2008 with billy clubs and racial epithets at the ready, my old nemesis Malik Shabazz — the NBPP thug-in-chief — put out a nationwide warning. Remember?

“We will be at the polls in the cities and counties in many states to ensure that the enemy does not sabotage the black vote, which was won through the blood of the martyrs of our people.”

Well, NBPP official Quannell X in Texas says his militant minions will return…to monitor citizen election watchdogs.
There are no fucking Black Panthers, you moron.

my mother who is old would be intimidated by anyone standing in front of a polling place smacking batons into the palms of their hands.

Even if they were white and wearing police uniforms? In any case, your estimation of what your mother would and wouldn't feel is decidedly immaterial.

don't you think old black ladies would fee intimidated?

If they don't complain, I have to assume that they are not in fact a victim of a crime.

my mother who is old would be intimidated by anyone standing in front of a polling place smacking batons into the palms of their hands.

Even if they were white and wearing police uniforms? In any case, your estimation of what your mother would and wouldn't feel is decidedly immaterial.

don't you think old black ladies would fee intimidated?

If they don't complain, I have to assume that they are not in fact a victim of a crime.

Look out!! When cons go PC, that means they are desperate!!:lol:

What I see is a man brandishing a weapon in his hand.

And what specific law is he breaking by holding the stick?

You simply have to have the intent.

And how praytell are you going to prove intent?

Are you dense or just trying to play games.

The Specific Law I think he is breaking is the state and Federal Laws against Voter Intimidation as I think the Evidence shows that is what he is attempting to do.

How am I going to prove it. With the Video evidence of course. Which clearly shows a man in front of a polling place with a weapon in his hand. Brandishing it in what I feel can be interpreted to be menacing. Like I said if he was just wearing the baton on his belt like cops do. I would say the video falls short of proving intent. But that is not what he did as the video shows.

You simply want to claim the act of holding that Weapon like he was, where he was. Is not an attempt to intimidate. I disagree. I would have liked to see what a jury would have thought.

Last edited:

Corroboration of what? Two black men standing there? Video of what? Two black men standing there? You need to tell me, specifically, who was intimidated. If you can't, there's no case.

What words were spoken at the polling place, to a voter, that constituted intimidation? Who were these words spoken to?

Minister King Shabazz carried a billy club, and is reported to have pointed it at voters while both men shouted racial slurs,[5] including phrases such as "white devil" and "you're about to be ruled by the black man, cracker."[6] The incident drew the attention of police, who sent King Samir away in part because of his billy club. Jackson was allowed to stay.[7]

No complaints were filed by voters about the incident, although poll watchers witnessed some voters approach the polls and then turn away, apparently in response to the New Black Panther Party members.
In March or April 2009 Bartie Bull, a former civil rights lawyer who was serving as a poll watcher at the polling station where the incident occurred, submitted an affidavit at Justice's request supporting the lawsuit, stating that he considered it to have been the most severe instance of voter intimidation he had ever encountered

New Black Panther Party voter intimidation case - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If it is known what words were spoken, then there is a witness to the incident. I do not know if that witness is this Bartie Bull, but it seems that it is.

Perhaps you are unaware but you do not have to actually intimidate anyone to be prosecuted under the law. You simply have to have the intent.

Really..

Do tell..under what case?

I would say you are correct when you are talking about violence. Like murder or terrorism. But even then, the standard is quite high in order to prosecute. I very much doubt you could find anything remotely close to what your suggesting. Although, like I have pointed out..I am not a lawyer..and I could be wrong.

Really..

I would say you are correct when you are talking about violence. Like murder or terrorism. But even then, the standard is quite high in order to prosecute. I very much doubt you could find anything remotely close to what your suggesting. Although, like I have pointed out..I am not a lawyer..and I could be wrong.

Intent to break any law is a crime in this country. As far as specific cases I don't know. But intent to break the law is breaking the law. That is just how it is.

Minister King Shabazz carried a billy club, and is reported to have pointed it at voters while both men shouted racial slurs,[5] including phrases such as "white devil" and "you're about to be ruled by the black man, cracker."[6] The incident drew the attention of police, who sent King Samir away in part because of his billy club. Jackson was allowed to stay.[7]

No complaints were filed by voters about the incident, although poll watchers witnessed some voters approach the polls and then turn away, apparently in response to the New Black Panther Party members.
In March or April 2009 Bartie Bull, a former civil rights lawyer who was serving as a poll watcher at the polling station where the incident occurred, submitted an affidavit at Justice's request supporting the lawsuit, stating that he considered it to have been the most severe instance of voter intimidation he had ever encountered

New Black Panther Party voter intimidation case - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If it is known what words were spoken, then there is a witness to the incident. I do not know if that witness is this Bartie Bull, but it seems that it is.

I don't know how good a witness this guy would be..

Bull clearly has an ax to grind. In addition to being a McCain supporter, Bull seems to have a longstanding dislike of Obama. Consider this: On November 3, 2008, Bull reportedly "embraced Republican John McCain for president, hurled Barack Obama under the bus, and then backed it slowly over the Democratic nominee." He said, "Character in the White House should be more important than charisma on the campaign trail... Barack Obama does not want to 'change' America. Barack Obama wants a different country." Bull declared, "Obama's notion of economic fairness is pure Karl Marx plus a pocketful of Chicago-style 'community organization.'" Recently, on Fox's America Live, Bull said of Obama: "I didn't like Obama from the beginning, I thought he was a hustler and I think he still is."
Fox hypes Bartle's Bull | Media Matters for America

The incident drew the attention of police, who sent King Samir away in part because of his billy club. Jackson was allowed to stay.

More proof of my point that the Billy Club is all the evidence you need. The cops sent him away because they knew People Could be intimidated by it.

Really..

Intent to break any law is a crime in this country. As far as specific cases I don't know. But intent to break the law is breaking the law. That is just how it is.

Um..I don't think we are quite at the "Minority Report" level yet. When proving intent, you have to have a great deal of corroborating evidence.

If it is known what words were spoken, then there is a witness to the incident.

There isn't even evidence that there was such an incident. What you have is an unsourced statement and again, no actual voter who was supposedly intimidated. No evidence, that's what you've got.

Forum List

Back