Boycott Israel

Last edited:
RE: Boycot Israel
SUBTOPIC: Colonial Allegations
⁜→ P F Tinmore, et al

(COMMENT)

I see absolutely no value in rehashing the commentary found it• POSTING 9904 • AND •.9915 • (supra)... If you ignored the demonstrated facts then, you will ignore the re-establishment of the same demonstrated now.

Your entire argument rests on your application of 21st Century interpretations to early 20th Century political language. Between 1922 and 1948, just as the British Mandate Authority stressed, the entirety of the territory west of the Jordan River was a Legal Entity. And just as the Assistant Secretary-General of the UN (Legal Affairs) stated that prior to December 2012, "Palestine" could not be identified as a "state" or "country" and had no Arab Palestinian Government infrastructure.

Nowhere in the Treaty of Lausanne was there any passage of territory to the Arab Palestinians. You cannot use Article 30 pertaining to Nationality - and apply it to - territorial disposition (that is mistaking apples for oranges).

1611604183365.png

Most Respectfully,
R
In 1924 Palestine became a state according to postwar treaties. This was affirmed by the League of Nations and others. Former Ottoman subjects became Palestinians. (CMT). NOT TRUE, YOU WILL NOT FIND ANY TREATY THAT CREATED A SOVEREIGN STATE OF PALESTINE

The Palestinians have the right to create a sovereign state. However, illegal foreign colonial occupation has prevented that. The Palestinians have been fighting against foreign colonialism for over a hundred years and they have every legal right to do so.

The Palestinians, through BDS and other activities, have made great inroads in that direction.

⁜→ P F Tinmore, et al

(COMMENT)

I see absolutely no value in rehashing the commentary found it• POSTING 9904 • AND •.9915 • (supra)... If you ignored the demonstrated facts then, you will ignore the re-establishment of the same demonstrated now.

Your entire argument rests on your application of 21st Century interpretations to early 20th Century political language. Between 1922 and 1948, just as the British Mandate Authority stressed, the entirety of the territory west of the Jordan River was a Legal Entity. And just as the Assistant Secretary-General of the UN (Legal Affairs) stated that prior to December 2012, "Palestine" could not be identified as a "state" or "country" and had no Arab Palestinian Government infrastructure.

Nowhere in the Treaty of Lausanne was there any passage of territory to the Arab Palestinians. You cannot use Article 30 pertaining to Nationality - and apply it to - territorial disposition (that is mistaking apples for oranges).

1611604183365.png

Most Respectfully,
R
In 1925 the Palestinians became citizens of Palestine by domestic law. (CMT). NOT CORRECT. THE 1925 CITIZENSHIP LAW FULFILLED THE INTERNATIONAL IDENTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR CITIZENS UNDER THE BRITISH MANDATE.

What did I say that was incorrect?

⁜→ P F Tinmore, et al

(COMMENT)

1611604183365.png

Most Respectfully,
R
In 1925 the Palestinians became citizens of Palestine by domestic law. (CMT). NOT CORRECT. THE 1925 CITIZENSHIP LAW FULFILLED THE INTERNATIONAL IDENTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR CITIZENS UNDER THE BRITISH MANDATE.

OK ?????

⁜→ P F Tinmore, et al

(COMMENT)

1611604183365.png

Most Respectfully,
R
In December of 1947, Zionist gangs (later to become the IDF) started the Nakba by attacking and expelling Palestinian civilians. About 300,000 Palestinians became refugees before the start of the 1948 war. The Nakba has never ended. (CMT). THIS IS JUST PROPAGANDA, WITH JUST A BIT OF TRUTH.

Again, what did I say that was incorrect?

⁜→ P F Tinmore, et al

(COMMENT)

1611604183365.png

Most Respectfully,
R
May 15,1948 - Israel declares independence and five Arab armies enter Palestine to defend the Palestinians. The fighting stops in less than a year when a UN Security Council Resolution called for an armistice. An armistice ends the fighting without calling winners or losers. (CMT). YES, THE UN DID BROCKER ARMITICE AGREEMENT. SO, WHAT IS THE POINT BEING MADE HERE?

Israel was not attacked and the Arabs did not lose the 1948 war.

⁜→ P F Tinmore, et al

(COMMENT)

1611604183365.png

Most Respectfully,
R
There were four armistice agreements in 1949. Armistice lines (that were specifically not to be political or territorial boundaries) were drawn in and around Palestine to limit troop movements. Essentially these lines cut Palestine into three areas of occupation. These armistice lines did not affect Palestine's international borders that remained unchanged since 1924. (CMT). NO BORDERS WERE ESTABLISHED IN 1924. THE GOVERNMENT OF PALESTINE (AKA: THE TERRITORY UN MANDATE) WAS NOT A PERMANENT INTERNATIONAL BORDER.

The Mandate had no borders and Palestine's international borders were still intact after the Mandate left.

⁜→ P F Tinmore, et al

(COMMENT)

1611604183365.png

Most Respectfully,
R
Jordan occupied the West Bank. Jordan attempted to annex the West Bank in 1950, however since annexing occupied territory is illegal, only Britain and Pakistan recognized that move. The West Bank remained occupied Palestinian territory. Israel took over that occupation in 1967. (CMT). WHAT TRUTH IS HERE COMPARED TO THE ACTUAL REALITY?

All of it.

In 1924 Palestine became a state according to postwar treaties. This was affirmed by the League of Nations and others. Former Ottoman subjects became Palestinians. (CMT). NOT TRUE, YOU WILL NOT FIND ANY TREATY THAT CREATED A SOVEREIGN STATE OF PALESTINE

The Palestinians have the right to create a sovereign state. However, illegal foreign colonial occupation has prevented that. The Palestinians have been fighting against foreign colonialism for over a hundred years and they have every legal right to do so.

The Palestinians, through BDS and other activities, have made great inroads in that direction.
There was no state of pally'land invented by the Treaty of Lausanne in 1924.

You endlessly cut and paste that nonsense for no purpose other than to spam various threads.

Last edited:
Australian rapper Iggy Azalea performed for the first time in Israel on Friday at Park HaYarkon as the headliner of the Tel Aviv Pride Festival.

The “Fancy” singer, 32, told Israel’s N12 she “was surprised to receive the call to come and perform” in Israel, and how she was originally worried that audiences abroad would not know the lyrics of her songs. The mother-of-one also recalled being shocked that fans in Turkey knew her music before she performed in the country, saying, “In the end, it was one of the best performances I have done in my life and everyone knew the lyrics. I love the culture of Turkey, the traditional food and I hope my experience in Israel will be good or even better.”

When asked about the Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions movement, whose supporters pressure artists to not perform in Israel, Azalea said she had never even heard of the anti-Zionist campaign. She said, “BDS? What is it? Cause I don’t know much, but I’m really happy to come and see for myself, I’m excited to experience something new.”

“I know a lot of my fans belong to the LGBT community and I feel a special connection to them,” Azalea added. “I think maybe it’s because I was an outsider, that I came a long way from being an underdog, maybe it’s something they can identify with.”

Azalea, who moved to the United States from Australia to pursue a career in music, released her third album, “The End of an Era,” in August 2021. She reiterated in her interview with N12 that she is taking a hiatus from music and has no plans to release new tracks or a new album anytime soon.

(full article online)

In 1924 Palestine became a state according to postwar treaties.

Which treaties?

Post the portions of the treaties that back your claim.

The Palestinians have the right to create a sovereign state.

No kidding. Look how badly they've screwed up their chances to do so over the last 70+ years.

The Palestinians have been fighting against foreign colonialism for over a hundred years

No foreign colonialism before 1900?

The foreign minister of Norway says that her country is going to begin labeling many goods from Israel, because “Norwegian consumers have the right to know whether a product sold in Norway is produced in Israel or in an area occupied by Israel.”

If so, then Jewish consumers around the world have a right to know if a product exported by the Norwegian government is coming from Norway or from Norwegian-occupied Svalbard.

Svalbard is a huge, sparsely-inhabited territory, more than 23,000 square miles in size, in the Arctic Ocean. It’s not next door to Norway. Not even close; it’s located more than 1,200 miles north of Norway. The Norwegians don’t need Svalbard for self-defense, and they don’t have any historical claim to the land. So, by what right, exactly, has Norway been occupying Svalbard since 1925?

The first explorer to sight the group of islands where Svalbard is located was Wilem Barentsz, a Dutchman, in 1596. So maybe Svalbard rightfully belongs to the Dutch.

The first ship to land in Svalbard was English, in 1604. So maybe it should belong to the Brits.

The Danish and the French set up outposts in Svalbard later in the 1600s. Sounds like Denmark and France have a better claim to the area than Norway.

Later in the century, Russians showed up. They were latecomers, but they were still there ahead of the Norwegians, who didn’t start hunting in the Svalbard region until the 1790s.

In 1925, the Norwegians got aggressive. They used their clout at the Paris Peace Conference following World War I to wrangle the “Treaty of Svalbard,” granting them sovereignty.

But what makes that treaty valid? Countries that win wars are able to impose new boundaries. That doesn’t mean their decisions are necessarily right or just. It’s merely the ‘right of might.’ I don’t see how Norway’s claim to Svalbard is superior to that of the other countries whose explorers preceded the Norwegians by many decades.

The assorted fishermen, hunters, and scientific researchers who reside in Svalbard today are being denied their right to self-determination. Nobody asked them if they want to live under Norwegian sovereignty.

Maybe they would prefer to be part of Holland, Britain, Denmark, France or Russia. Or maybe they would like to be part of Free Svalbard.

All of which highlights Norway’s brazen hypocrisy. The Norwegians say Israel is “illegally occupying” Jerusalem, and therefore products coming from most parts of the city, as well as Judea-Samaria, have to be labeled.

Well, the Norwegians have been occupying Svalbard for a lot less time than the Jews have been in Jerusalem. To be precise, Svalbard has been part of Norway for 95 years. Jerusalem has been the capital of the Jewish people for over 3,000 years and was the capital of several sovereign Jewish kingdoms during much of that time.

Israel’s right to Jerusalem is enshrined in history, the Bible, and international law. Norway’s right to Svalbard is based on arbitrary border realignments following a world war. Norway has no historical or religious claims to Svalbard.

When Norway’s foreign minister tell us that her country’s labeling action against Israel is just some kind of consumer protection, I say: Nonsense. The sole purpose of labeling those products is to facilitate the boycotting of goods made in most of Jerusalem and other parts of the ancient Jewish homeland.

(full article online)

Forum List

Back