Both sad and ridiculous

The only two things we could do right now today that would have a major impact on emissions without harming the economy are nuclear and fracking for natural gas and Democrats oppose both of them.
The only two things ? First, nuclear energy is for producing on demand electricity and produces hazardous waste we still have no way of dealing with and natural gas is only an interim step to replace coal. Nat gas still produces CO2 . There are more people working in solar industry then oil and coal and they need. electrical storage to be more workable.....not more nukeS .

Also, nuclear energy and natural gas still don’t address huge pollutants like jet travel And long haul. There are many things that need to be addressed. One of the biggest is the development of electrical storage so all the absolutely free energy during sunlight, wind turbine can be stored for high demand hours.
Neither nat gas or nuke addresses either.
I don't even know where to start with this post. Full of lies and misinformation. Nuclear power plants are used for baseload operation not on demand! There is no place to store solar power. It is the one that isn't workable. Where are you storing that "sunlight"? Do you have some sort of huge battery somewhere that we don't know about? It would take all of the known lithium reserves in the world just to store 25% of the worldwide power used for overnight use. It is completely unworkable at the moment and is a horrible solution for base load operations. You know absolutely nothing about the power industry. Stop spreading your bullshit.

We put Solar Panels on our roof almost three years ago, and bought a Chevy Bolt. We also own a hybrid which I will sell later this year and buy a 2021 phev. But I digress, see:

More and more electric cars are being produced, and in my community charging stations are being added to parking garages and lots with special stalls for plug ins.

And all that is a net INCREASE in carbon emissions when all factors are included, such as your car batteries and panel production. It will take another decade if you stay with what you have and don't buy a new car or replace the panels before it gets to net zero. Then you will get small gains.

I know you're trying, I'm sure it's for honorable intention. But the reality is those things are simply not going to solve anything. They make you feel good. They do nothing for AGW.

If you want to make a difference, support nuclear power and fracking for natural gas to shut down coal plants across the world. That would have a dramatic difference

I do support new generation nuclear power plants. Three mile island, Chernobyl and the Japanese tsunami have put be question marks on new nuclear power plants in the minds of many.

OK, but just stop with the shit you believe in global warming since you're using "questions" to override what you claim is a certain global catastrophe

I am voting by mail. I should not have to expose myself to health risks. Deny me this and stuff hits the fan. Put the mailboxes back while you are at it.
Obama's Post Office removed the mailboxes. 14,000 of them. Get a clue ignorant one.

The USPS is always moving or removing boxes according to cost/benefit analyses. It's a standard part of their business. They're not going to pay a mail carrier $18 an hour - or whatever ungodly rate they get now - to drive out every day to empty a mailbox that only has maybe three pieces of mail in it to pick up, if that. Pretty clearly, any people around there have found other ways to facilitate their communications.
Why are you telling me this? Tell that to those that I quoted.

Well, it WAS intended to add to and support your post. But now I don't feel the need to treat you like a serious conservative poster deserving of my respect, and will toss you in the can with all the other "2-digit IQ dipshits who just want a partisan fight."

Thanks for clearing that up, mouthbreather. Toodles.
I was clarifying and asking you a question. No need to be rude.

The only two things we could do right now today that would have a major impact on emissions without harming the economy are nuclear and fracking for natural gas and Democrats oppose both of them.
The only two things ? First, nuclear energy is for producing on demand electricity and produces hazardous waste we still have no way of dealing with and natural gas is only an interim step to replace coal. Nat gas still produces CO2 . There are more people working in solar industry then oil and coal and they need. electrical storage to be more workable.....not more nukeS .

Also, nuclear energy and natural gas still don’t address huge pollutants like jet travel And long haul. There are many things that need to be addressed. One of the biggest is the development of electrical storage so all the absolutely free energy during sunlight, wind turbine can be stored for high demand hours.
I don't even know where to start with this post. Full of lies and misinformation. Nuclear power plants are used for baseload operation not on demand! There is no place to store solar power. It is the one that isn't workable. Where are you storing that "sunlight"? Do you have some sort of huge battery somewhere that we don't know about? It would take all of the known lithium reserves in the world just to store 25% of the worldwide power used for overnight use. It is completely unworkable at the moment and is a horrible solution for base load operations. You know absolutely nothing about the power industry. Stop spreading your bullshit.

We put Solar Panels on our roof almost three years ago, and bought a Chevy Bolt. We also own a hybrid which I will sell later this year and buy a 2021 phev. But I digress, see:

More and more electric care are being produced, and in my community charging stations are being added to parking garages and lots with special stalls or plug ins.
Everyone plugs their vehicles in at night in which the energy utilized to charge the car is 90% fossil. If that solar storage option through the use of sodium works then maybe you have a point. But if it were the beat all, end all, then it would be a massive headline news thing. It's not. So I'm skeptical. I'll look into it anyways.

More and more electric care are being produced, and in my community charging stations are being added to parking garages and lots with special stalls or plug ins.
Everyone plugs their vehicles in at night in which the energy utilized to charge the car is 90% fossil. If that solar storage option through the use of sodium works then maybe you have a point. But if it were the beat all, end all, then it would be a massive headline news thing. It's not. So I'm skeptical. I'll look into it anyways.

You still had a lot of disinformation on your post and you spread inaccuracies.

Yep. And the batteries in electric cars are massively environmentally unfriendly. And it takes a decade to get back the carbon from panels that is generated in manufacturing them. Rye is doing this to feel smug and superior. The environmental benefit is basically zero. Then he goes and opposes nuclear and fracking for natural gas, which are actually massively environmentally friendly and low carbon emissions

And the batteries in electric cars are massively environmentally unfriendly.
No they aren’t. They are recycled and rebuilt. Solid state batteries are just around the corner within five years and are even better.
nat gas IS A CARBON BASED FUEL AND NOT A FINAL SOLUTION. It’s a potentially a better replacement for diesel and coal in the interim .

Here's a better link to your "Molten Salt" storage that actually provides more information by 100X. It isn't written with a crayon and actually discusses the obstacles and issues associated with using it as a medium to store heat.

You have to utilize another power source to supplement its use so it is probably less efficient than natural gas for producing power with less carbon footprint. More digging to be done.

Yep. And the batteries in electric cars are massively environmentally unfriendly. And it takes a decade to get back the carbon from panels that is generated in manufacturing them. Rye is doing this to feel smug and superior. The environmental benefit is basically zero. Then he goes and opposes nuclear and fracking for natural gas, which are actually massively environmentally friendly and low carbon emissions
Rye is doing this because it’s cheaper and he’s saving money while you’re pissing it away.

More and more electric cars are being produced, and in my community charging stations are being added to parking garages and lots with special stalls for plug ins.

And all that is a net INCREASE in carbon emissions when all factors are included, such as your car batteries and panel production. It will take another decade if you stay with what you have and don't buy a new car or replace the panels before it gets to net zero. Then you will get small gains.

I know you're trying, I'm sure it's for honorable intention. But the reality is those things are simply not going to solve anything. They make you feel good. They do nothing for AGW.

If you want to make a difference, support nuclear power and fracking for natural gas to shut down coal plants across the world. That would have a dramatic difference

I do support new generation nuclear power plants. Three mile island, Chernobyl and the Japanese tsunami have put be question marks on new nuclear power plants in the minds of many.

Those old plants didn't have passive cooling. The new generation does. It's a completely different safety system used in the new generation greatly reducing the risk of effluent discharge during a criticality accident.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
No they aren’t. They are recycled and rebuilt. Solid state batteries are just around the corner within five years and are even better.
nat gas IS A CARBON BASED FUEL AND NOT A FINAL SOLUTION. It’s a potentially a better replacement for diesel and coal in the interim .

Actually, 99% of lead batteries in fossil fuel cars are recycled. Only 5% of lithium batteries are recycled.

Fact check: Fail ....

Rye is doing this because it’s cheaper and he’s saving money while you’re pissing it away.

My electric bills and gas is such a tiny percentage of my budget. Who cares? It's like saving money on gum. It's like $30 to fill my car with gas, that's basically free.

But note you're deflecting from that you're fighting against reducing effective carbon emission solutions and obsess with irrelevant ones. No, you don't believe in AGW other than as a gimme project to get government to rob people for you

Why d

Actually, 99% of lead batteries in fossil fuel cars are recycled. Only 5% of lithium batteries are recycled.

Why don’t you show your source. Replacement hybrid batteries, not tool lithium batteries, are ALL RECYCLED. The Prius batteries often out last the car.

caradvice.com.au
“Hybrid cars currently on the road, like the Toyota Prius, use nickel metal hydride batteries, which can be dismantled and recycled in much the same way. When the battery packs in a lithium-ion-powered vehicle are deemed too worn out for driving, they still have up to 80 percent of their charge left.“

My electric bills and gas is such a tiny percentage of my budget. Who cares? It's like saving money on gum. It's like $30 to fill my car with gas, that's basically free.

But note you're deflecting from that you're fighting against reducing effective carbon emission solutions and obsess with irrelevant ones. No, you don't believe in AGW other than as a gimme project to get government to rob people for you
No one ? Only fools who think they are smarter then literally, every one else with half a brain.

Those old plants didn't have passive cooling. The new generation does. It's a completely different safety system used in the new generation greatly reducing the risk of effluent discharge during a criticality accident.
And we still have no way to safety dispose of the waste. None, nada, nix...

]Even a marginal supporter of Trump is not a patriot. A vote for Trump is a vote against the Separation of Powers, the linchpin of our Constitution.

The US Constitution has needed to be rewritten for decades. The idea of a Democratic Republic has FAILED. That needs to be accepted so we can move on.

Why d

Why don’t you show your source. Replacement hybrid batteries, not tool lithium batteries, are ALL RECYCLED. The Prius batteries often out last the car.

You made the claim. Prove you wrong? That's bull shit

caradvice.com.au
“Hybrid cars currently on the road, like the Toyota Prius, use nickel metal hydride batteries, which can be dismantled and recycled in much the same way. When the battery packs in a lithium-ion-powered vehicle are deemed too worn out for driving, they still have up to 80 percent of their charge left.“

" Batteries can be recycled, but recycling them is not easy due to the sophisticated chemical procedures involved. If not handled properly, the heavy metal contained in the battery can lead to contamination of the soil and water"

That's why we built Yucca Mountain. Of course we can dispose of it safely.

But notice again you're offering zero solutions. You say the oceans will boil and cities will flood, but then you say no nuclear because scary, scary and you oppose fracking for natural gas even though it's dramatically lower emissions than coal.

Then you bicker over batteries for electric cars and are charged by the coal plants you demand we keep by blocking any other effective solution.

You consistently fight FOR the policies that increase carbon emissions. No, you're a greedy leftist who wants to put your hand in other people's pockets, it's that simple

Why d

Most people plug in their electric vehicle in their garage at night. This is when 90% of all the energy on the grid is fossil.

Efficiencies compare to an ICE power plant:

ICE power plant: 25% efficient with a hybrid car that recaptures power through braking.

Carnot heat cycle power plant (read fossil): 28% efficient considering current plants on line coupled with the following losses:
1. Transmission and distribution 10% loss
2. Charging battery 10% loss
3. Discharging battery 10% loss
4. Electrical to mechanical conversion 10% loss

Total efficiency of average current use in today's world with today's technology: 18%

Electric vehicles used in today's infrastructure actually put out more CO2 than an ICE power plant in a car.

Here's how they are doing it in Australia which is even worse because they are using a diesel ICE to charge "Electric Vehicles":

This is 20% less efficient than an ICE by skipping the whole charge a battery discharge a battery electric vehicle shit.

There are literally hundreds of these types of posts.

EV owners, in my estimation, are either ignorant or just trying to virtue signal.

Talk to the democrats. They are the ones that shut down Yucca Mountain.

In the meantime we are storing waste on site and placing the fuel in a very safe state.

Do you see anything left of the Nuclear power plant? No - because it was put in a "greenfield" condition.

Forum List

Back