Both sad and ridiculous

Then you bicker over batteries for electric cars and are charged by the coal plants you demand we keep by blocking any other effective solution.
No they aren’t fool. Batteries are the storage solution for wind, solar and hydro...during off peak delivery hours. You want to invest in things that have no future and make us more dependent, not less. . You’re backwards. You’re a trickle down thinker.

sure, let’s keep storing nuclear waste with a shelf life of 10k years that a terrorist would luv.

Most people plug in their electric vehicle in their garage at night. This is when 90% of all the energy on the grid is fossil.
It’s the most efficient time to drain any source whether it is fossil or not. Why invest in fossil fuels when the wind, hydro, thermal is free dumbest.

It’s the most efficient time to drain any source whether it is fossil or not. Why invest in fossil fuels when the wind, hydro, thermal is free dumbest.

They’re not FREE. Do you have any idea of the costs, planning, bureaucracy, etc... to install even a 1 MW solar field? How about a new wind turbine? Now add the costs and planning to connect thst to the existing power grid.

Most people plug in their electric vehicle in their garage at night. This is when 90% of all the energy on the grid is fossil.

I don't even understand your point. You have no knowledge of the subject and you ought to just wonder off to another topic in which you may actually add value.

Then you bicker over batteries for electric cars and are charged by the coal plants you demand we keep by blocking any other effective solution.
No they aren’t fool. Batteries are the storage solution for wind, solar and hydro...during off peak delivery hours. You want to invest in things that have no future and make us more dependent, not less. . You’re backwards. You’re a trickle down thinker.

sure, let’s keep storing nuclear waste with a shelf life of 10k years that a terrorist would luv.

Did you even read the article I posted? Probably out of your range. I wouldn't bother if I were you. The whole article is about the technologies being considered for storage systems. Batteries are not included. (Pun intended)

And the batteries in electric cars are massively environmentally unfriendly.

Did you even read the article I posted? Probably out of your range. I wouldn't bother if I were you. The whole article is about the technologies being considered for storage systems. Batteries are not included. (Pun intended)
You’re still on the nuclear power kick and thermal storage. Tell us, hiw nay new nuke power plant as have been licensed. That should tell yo7 how practical they aren’t .

So, you’re smarter then MIT. Just checking. Cause you’ve said nothing that every other country in the world agrees with.....fraud.

Germany agrees with your fantasy world. Today the cost of electricity in Germany has reached the point where it is a luxury for many households. California too has opted to follow your fantasy and they now have rolling blackouts and one university, in order to save electricity is forcing students to leave the campus.

Decades ago, Communist China realized that one of the elements of our great success was cheap, plentiful energy.
They relocated millions of people and spent billions of dollars building the massive Three Gorges Dam. They are also building more nuclear and coal plants than the rest of the world combined. Meanwhile, you are pushing hard to make our energy, here in the US, among the most expensive in the world. Why?

CO2-XL.png

You’re still on the nuclear power kick and thermal storage. Tell us, hiw nay new nuke power plant as have been licensed. That should tell yo7 how practical they aren’t .
Fear from the media injected into the ignorant society is why there hasn't been on nuclear plant licensed since 1988 in the US. China is building lots of Nukes. All next gen models. Our society is ignorant and you're living proof.

MIT said nuclear and natural gas don't dramatically reduce carbon emissions? You're full of shit. Your balls are just in a jar on Nancy Pelosi's mantle, you have no will of your own at all

I just posted this for someone else, it seems that you are in need of the information too.

CO2-XL.png

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

I'm not on any kick, BTW. You have failed in every one of your posts and you've been called out by myself and a few others for your ignorance. This is why your reply doesn't address your failure to make a case for solar. You have now reverted to illogical thought processes and now we are going to call you out on them, as well.

You're the one running in circles grabbing your head and shrieking like your hair is on fire over AGW. Then when you get solutions like nuclear and natural gas, you ask what's in it for you ...

IF those fuels are so cheap, why is the cost of energy in Germany among the most expensive in the world?

We put Solar Panels on our roof almost three years ago, and bought a Chevy Bolt. We also own a hybrid which I will sell later this year and buy a 2021 phev.

Congratulations on your investment in solar panels. How many decades before you break even? Three? Four?

Hybrids are feasible for some folks. Did you know that auto manufacturers who build the prototype cars raced in the 24 hrs of Lemans have been experimenting with hybrids on their cars? These are the cars that can and do reach 230 mph. The heat generated from the brakes bringing those cars from 200+mph down to 50 mph in a very short distance is massive. They are converting that heat into energy which is transferred to the front wheels and electric motors. Not competitive yet.

More and more electric care are being produced, and in my community charging stations are being added to parking garages and lots with special stalls or plug ins.

Where does that power come from?

electric-car-S.jpg

No they aren’t. They are recycled and rebuilt. Solid state batteries are just around the corner within five years and are even better.
nat gas IS A CARBON BASED FUEL AND NOT A FINAL SOLUTION. It’s a potentially a better replacement for diesel and coal in the interim .

"Such and such" batteries are just around the corner, within five years and are even better. Have we heard that before?

The electric car was invented around 1840. That's nearly 200 years ago and we STILL do not an efficient way of making an electric car run for hours on end and then refuel in ten or fifteen minutes? Nope. They are still, after 200 years, little more than glorified golf carts.

We put Solar Panels on our roof almost three years ago, and bought a Chevy Bolt. We also own a hybrid which I will sell later this year and buy a 2021 phev.

Congratulations on your investment in solar panels. How many decades before you break even? Three? Four?

Hybrids are feasible for some folks. Did you know that auto manufacturers who build the prototype cars raced in the 24 hrs of Lemans have been experimenting with hybrids on their cars? These are the cars that can and do reach 230 mph. The heat generated from the brakes bringing those cars from 200+mph down to 50 mph in a very short distance is massive. They are converting that heat into energy which is transferred to the front wheels and electric motors. Not competitive yet.

More and more electric cars are being produced, and in my community charging stations are being added to parking garages and lots with special stalls or plug ins.

electric-car-S.jpg

The power comes from our roof. You seek there a rather large yellow circle outside during the day, and somehow the things on our roof charge the battery in the Bolt. The Bolt has never once been to a gas station.

More and more electric cars are being produced, and in my community charging stations are being added to parking garages and lots with special stalls or plug ins.

electric-car-S.jpg

The power comes from our roof. You seek there a rather large yellow circle outside during the day, and somehow the things on our roof charge the battery in the Bolt. The Bolt has never once been to a gas station.

BTW, the Bolt is fasssssst, and it has never yet required a brake job, take your foot off the throttle and it stops.

Forum List

Back