Booths & Blackjacks

Flanders

ARCHCONSERVATIVE
Sep 23, 2010
There is some activity in the world of media debates.

First:

As a veteran of CNN’s Crossfire in the 1980s, I am intrigued by the channel’s decision to bring back the liberal-conservative debate format show. When I was on the program, the motto was, “Don’t talk while I’m interrupting.” The “liberals” on the show this time around are partisan Obama Democrats.

XXXXX

Former Speaker of the House and GOP presidential candidate Newt Gingrich, one of the announced conservative co-hosts, can easily take on the liberals and hold his own.

One Conservative Missing from CNN’s New “Crossfire”
By Cliff Kincaid Thursday, August 15, 2013

One Conservative Missing from CNN?s New ?Crossfire?

Liberals do not debate. They talk over opponents; preferably when libs outnumber conservatives.

I don’t know if talk show panels are considered debates by anybody not working in television. If they are, I suggest that CNN bring back the booths like the ones used in yesteryear’s quiz shows.

Question: Why do producers think everybody talking at once is an audience-pleaser? Answer: They don’t. Producers like everybody talking at once so the product commercials will be a blessed relief for everyone too dumb to surf on outta there.

Group-babble is so bad a serious show would put panel members in separate booths. The second a panel member’s allotted time is up his microphone goes off and the light goes out.

A nice alternative to the booth is to have a guy with a blackjack standing behind each panel member. The instant he or she interrupts another panel member the blackjack guy thumps the offender on the head with necessary force. If offenders don’t wake up in time for their next turn they lose it.

Booths & blackjacks would work for talk show gas bags, but I doubt if a politician is going to place himself in a position where he loses the audience automatically.

To be fair and balanced, two FOX shows do a decent job of keeping the panel in line; Chris Wallace on Sunday morning, and Bret Baier—— evenings Monday through Friday. There may be a few more on the other networks.

NOTE: Bill O’Reilly’s show has to be the undisputed champ of group-babble. If anybody needs a blackjack guy standing behind him it is O’Reilly himself. I do not surf into the other gabfest offerings, but I cannot conceive of another show’s panels being noisier, and O’Reilly’s panels usually consist of two plus him! Can you imagine the din if he had three mouths on his panels?

The next bit of debate activity is significant to conservatives and liberals:

The Republican National Committee, already threatening to block CNN and NBC from hosting 2016 primary debates if they air planned features on Hillary Clinton, is also looking to scrap the old model of having reporters and news personalities ask the questions at candidate forums.

XXXXX

. . . several conservatives are pressuring the party to have Limbaugh, Hannity and Levin ask the debate questions. "It makes a lot of sense. We'd get a huge viewership, they'd make a lot of news and maybe have some fun too," said one of the advocates of the radio trio hosting debates.

Limbaugh, Hannity, Levin eyed as 2016 GOP debate moderators
By PAUL BEDARD | AUGUST 15, 2013 AT 9:00 AM

Limbaugh, Hannity, Levin eyed as 2016 GOP debate moderators | WashingtonExaminer.com

I cannot imagine Democrats giving up their edge in presidential debates. In 2012, Candy Crowley and Martha Raddatz were so crooked they made the Chicago Black Sox look good. Even respectable Jim Lehrer looked bad because he ceded control to the candidates.

EL Rushbo, Sean Hannity and Mark Levin asking penetrating questions is a Democrat’s worst nightmare come true. Worse than a nightmare if Hillary Clinton is the Democrat candidate.

Hillary Clinton won two elections. In her first campaign the “Tough NY press corps” fed her marshmallows. She was all but unopposed in her second campaign.

After 16 years of media puffery she couldn’t defeat a Chicago sewer rat in her third campaign. Her testimony at the Benghazi hearings showed that the woman does not know what a fair question is. After 23 years in the public eye —— marked by scandals rather than accomplishments —— this is what she will be remembered for:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AR3XTOjZPfg&feature=player_embedded]SHOCK! Hillary Clinton argues - What difference, at this point, does it make about how it happened? - YouTube[/ame]​

Finally, I’m an average guy and I could make Clinton crawl off the stage on her hands and knees if she tried her “angry response” on me. It will be interesting to see what happens if she tries it on pros like Limbaugh, or Levin, or Hannity.

Hillary Clinton has been a known liar since she was first lady. Now, it turns out that she also screams at members of Congress in private meetings:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=q0_gcWnE-Dw]Kinzinger Reveals New Information about Benghazi on Fox and Friends - YouTube[/ame]​

GOP lawmaker accuses Clinton of lying to lawmakers about Benghazi
By Jonathan Easley - 08/16/13 08:25 AM ET

GOP lawmaker accuses Clinton of lying to lawmakers about Benghazi - The Hill's Video

It’s unrealistic to hope that a member of Congress would call Clinton a liar at a congressional hearing. The mystery is: Did anybody in a private meeting have the courage to call her a goddamned liar to her face?

My point: Clinton cowered members of Congress publically, and in private, when she was only a former secretary of state. What the hell will she do to those wimps if she is president?

To be fair, any member of Congress publically challenging Clinton must overcome the media’s career-killing ire. Her media deflector shield is so effective the Starship Enterprise’s shield looks like a No Trespassing sign.

Polls tell us that Congress has a lower approval rating than any other branch of government. That’s probably true. Not because Americans want the government to do more as big government parasites claim, but because of the imperial presidency Congress created by refusing to stop its growth. An imperial presidency that has been growing in power since Woodrow Wilson took the country to war when there was no threat. A presidency culminating in the Chicago sewer rat dismantling the US Constitution piece by piece as he pleases. Congress’ approval rating can only plummet further every time a lying, angry, drunk bitch-slaps them into submission.

Last edited:
Rush Limbaugh weighed in on the possibility of him moderating a debate. Listen to the entire video to hear Rush get into the Left’s fear of Sarah Palin:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66B9qcNkdVw&feature=player_embedded]Limbaugh: "I Would Be A Distraction" As GOP Debate Moderator - YouTube[/ame]​

Forum List

Back