Elvis Aaron Presley

10 Things You Didn't Know About Elvis

Elvis may have "left the building" on this date in 1977, but the King is still as big as ever. Presley's enormous collection of recordings and films are still celebrated by fans and impersonators across the world, and he continues to influence today's musicians.

Perhaps most interestingly, there's still a ton of Elvis lore to discover. New biographies and anthologies seem to pop up every year, each revealing more of Presley's personal habits, unbelievable stories and little-known secrets.

Read more: 10 Things You Didn't Know About Elvis | Fox News Magazine

Elvis Presley - Return to Sender

646272-5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Elvis Presley - Don't Be Cruel

elvis-presley-dans-les-annees-60.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vljvem9AJII]Elvis Presley - Hawaiian wedding song - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76We6yBnIKE]ELVIS PRESLEY - Love Me Tender - YouTube[/ame]

Elvis Presley's Favorite Peanut Butter Sandwich

Ingredients

1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
2 slices white bread
2 tablespoons peanut butter (Peanut Butter & Co. Smooth Operator or Crunch Time, for example)
1/2 large ripe banana, sliced lengthwise into four thin pieces
4 slices bacon, cooked
2 tablespoons honey

Procedures

Preheat a grill pan or griddle over medium heat. Spread butter on one side of each slice of bread. Spread peanut butter on other side of each slice of bread. Place banana slices on top of peanut butter. Top with bacon slices and drizzle with honey. Top with the remaining slice of bread, buttered side up.

Place sandwich on grill pan. Cook until golden brown and crispy, about 3 minutes per side. Remove to cutting board, slice in half, and serve immediately.

Elvis Presley's Favorite Peanut Butter Sandwich | Serious Eats : Recipes

on duty, late 1950s....................... *sigh*...........:up:

While there is still money to be made from the legacy of the sad old drug addicted R&R legend you can bet your ass that they will try to milk it for every dime they can get out of the few senior citizens who still remember him.

Ingredients

2 slices white bread
2 tablespoons peanut butter (Peanut Butter & Co. Smooth Operator or Crunch Time, for example)
4 slices bacon, cooked
2 tablespoons honey

Procedures

Preheat a grill pan or griddle over medium heat. Spread butter on one side of each slice of bread. Spread peanut butter on other side of each slice of bread. Place banana slices on top of peanut butter. Top with bacon slices and drizzle with honey. Top with the remaining slice of bread, buttered side up.

Place sandwich on grill pan. Cook until golden brown and crispy, about 3 minutes per side. Remove to cutting board, slice in half, and serve immediately.

many years ago when my brother in law was a student at the U of M he worked for white castles

Elvis would order up a couple of hundred of the square burgers and have

them delivered to the airport where one of his planes would pick them up

Ingredients

2 slices white bread
4 slices bacon, cooked
2 tablespoons honey

Procedures

many years ago when my brother in law was a student at the U of M he worked for white castles

Must be nice. I could go for that...if I had a plane... I would order up lobster burritos and fish tacos from Rubio's to go . :)

Ingredients

2 slices white bread
4 slices bacon, cooked
2 tablespoons honey

Procedures

Must be nice. I could go for that...if I had a plane... I would order up lobster burritos and fish tacos from Rubio's to go . :)

he probably did order stuff from all over the place as well

he certainly could afford it

I fell in love with Elvis when I was in 3rd grade. I always enjoy his old movies when they come on TV. My favorite album is Blue Hawaii. I remember in high school slow dancing to one of the songs in it - Ku-U-I-Po.

One of his leading ladies Ann-Margaret was in Loss of a Teardrop Diamond a recent Tennessee Williams screenplay. Man, she looks old. Some things even cosmetic surgery can't fix. I just kept thinking 'THIS woman got it on with Elvis?' LOL

008LTD_Ann_Margret_001.jpg

The close ups are much worse.

Last edited:
The Beatles were impressed with Elvis.

I read something interesting about that.

Incredible voice.

I seem to have always been in some time warp--between Elvis and the Beatles.

Just thankful that songs were written and performed.

It is really possible that I saw the original Ed Sullivan show when he first appeared.

Forum List

Back