Boeing, Exxon, Apple join Western firms spurning Russia over Ukraine. 'He has no idea what's coming': Biden sends message to Putin

Conservatives care about chinese territorial aggression also

The Chinese haven't attacked anyone in a way that we could respond militarily or otherwise on a global scale. What should we do?
I think all sides were a little taken off guard by the ukraine situation

Who? We already knew Putin was going to invade Ukraine.

whether you are a strict libertarian isolationist or an earth-hugging liberal no one wants an atomic war, much less American boots on the ground

Partisans who say make wild accusations about their domestic political enemies by calling them Putin puppets or crazy war mongers are totally off base

Just the ones who are defending him or praising him or attend rallies that do.

I want to see russia defeated without going to war

Neat. Me too.

so I support sanctions and boycotts of russian products.

Great. Me too.

that would mean supporting that old fool in the white house and I’m happy to do so

Awesome.

at the same time energy is a central issue and we need to boycott russian oil by opening the keystone pipeline and the Alaska untapped oil reserves

The keystone pipepline can't be opened (it doesn't exist) and it wasn't for us anyway. Alaska? What kind of time frame do you think were on? Plus I'd rather find alternative sources of energy that aren't problematic to our continued existence.

libs in America and europe should also be planning to build nuclear power plants to make sure that we are never held energy hostage again

I agree. We should use nuclear power.

The keystone pipepline can't be opened (it doesn't exist) and it wasn't for us anyway. Alaska? What kind of time frame do you think were on? Plus I'd rather find alternative sources of energy that aren't problematic to our continued existence.
Ok here we go

you are all for compromise as long as you get everything you want and give up nothing in return

There's a detailed analogy of the money we're paying for oil at Forbes. Unfortunately, in about 4 seconds, they blocked me because my computer has an ad blocker, so I can't tell the details. I did run into something that said we were trading with Russia to the tune of about(?) 776,000 barrels a day that started after Biden in a political rage cancelled the pipeline from Canada to the USA to diss President Trump's gas and oil administrations the same day he opened trade with the drug cartels by way of unlimited immigration opening of the entire border plus ordered instant ending of American jobs the wall builders were counting on to complete the task of keeping america safe from drug cartels, child sex running, separation of children from their families, and of course, burdening the education system by forcing larger classes with less supervision and less time to spend with the children of American citizens. Add that to covid restrictions, and our schools have suffered a lot at Biden's hands, and some states are even making children mad at their parents with training them to be good communists and not fearless patriotic Americans.

Russian oil will bankrupt the 15 trillion dollars Nancy Pelosi demanded and conived to get to burden taxpayers with her pet rock projects based on junk science.

Ok here we go

you are all for compromise as long as you get everything you want and give up nothing in return
Compromise with who? You? I don't see why I need to compromise my beliefs to please you. And you say that after I agreed with you on 3 other points. Sheesh, tough crowd.

There's a detailed analogy of the money we're paying for oil at Forbes. Unfortunately, in about 4 seconds, they blocked me because my computer has an ad blocker, so I can't tell the details. I did run into something that said we were trading with Russia to the tune of about(?) 776,000 barrels a day that started after Biden in a political rage cancelled the pipeline from Canada to the USA to diss President Trump's gas and oil administrations the same day he opened trade with the drug cartels by way of unlimited immigration opening of the entire border plus ordered instant ending of American jobs the wall builders were counting on to complete the task of keeping america safe from drug cartels, child sex running, separation of children from their families, and of course, burdening the education system by forcing larger classes with less supervision and less time to spend with the children of American citizens. Add that to covid restrictions, and our schools have suffered a lot at Biden's hands, and some states are even making children mad at their parents with training them to be good communists and not fearless patriotic Americans.

Russian oil will bankrupt the 15 trillion dollars Nancy Pelosi demanded and conived to get to burden taxpayers with her pet rock projects based on junk science.

That is one hell of a story, you do have a very active imagination that is for sure

That is one hell of a story, you do have a very active imagination that is for sure
I tried finding the Forbes page again, but I don't know how to find archives on the computer. I'll try again, I may have made a mistake about the number of barrels. I'll try some other sources. I'll be back, but whatever we are paying Russia is being pigeonholed to finance Putin's destruction of the orphanages, childrens' hospitals for cancer, elementary schools in the area they're bombing severely, and threatening the Ukraine people every time their leader rallies them, which has caused them to be very good fight back warriors. Putin is out of his mind with hurting Ukraine and anyone helping them. Biden is not a crusader in his oath of office, and if Putin gets away with demolishing every life he can in the Ukraine, he is likely to tap China for their eye in the sky to find out where he can hit the USA. He's just like Hitler. He wants all or nothing, and if it's nothing he's gonna throw a great big fireball at us if we let our guard down as little as one millisecond.

Back in a minute.

I tried finding the Forbes page again, but I don't know how to find archives on the computer. I'll try again, I may have made a mistake about the number of barrels. I'll try some other sources. I'll be back, but whatever we are paying Russia is being pigeonholed to finance Putin's destruction of the orphanages, childrens' hospitals for cancer, elementary schools in the area they're bombing severely, and threatening the Ukraine people every time their leader rallies them, which has caused them to be very good fight back warriors. Putin is out of his mind with hurting Ukraine and anyone helping them. Biden is not a crusader in his oath of office, and if Putin gets away with demolishing every life he can in the Ukraine, he is likely to tap China for their eye in the sky to find out where he can hit the USA. He's just like Hitler. He wants all or nothing, and if it's nothing he's gonna throw a great big fireball at us if we let our guard down as little as one millisecond.

Back in a minute.

Try this one...

January saw virtually zero U.S. imports of Russian crude, with some volumes slated to arrive in February and March purchased before Russia’s invasion of Ukraine. So far, there haven’t been any signs of fresh bookings as buyers look elsewhere for supply.

Russian oil made up only about 3% of all the crude shipments that arrived in the U.S. last year, data from the U.S. Energy Information Administration show. U.S. imports of Russian crude so far in 2022 have dropped to the slowest annual pace since 2017, intelligence firm Kpler said.

US imports The US imports more than 700,000 barrels of Russian oil daily, the majority of which are tagged for the East Coast. In the first 11 months of 2021, the US imported more than 8% of its daily usage from Russia, according to the EIA.

My search engine said this:
Russia exported 1.078 million tons of fuel oil to the United States last month, equal to more than 7 million barrels, Reuters has reported, citing data from traders and calculations from Refinitiv Eikon.
Why Is The U.S. Importing So Much Russian Fuel Oil
oilprice.com/Latest-Energy-News/World-News/Why-Is-Th…
See all results for this question

According to MSN, today (3/2/2022) a barrel of gascosts $110.00 in the search engine, although I thought someone was talking $150 a day.
Regardless, 7,000,000 barrels times a hundred bucks is 700 million dollars plus 10% more and 50% more if the other person was right. For one month, I'm guessing the other person was closer than my hit-and-miss search engine cruise, but halfway to there It's over 10 billion a month and growing because prices go up, seldom down. What do you think?

Last edited:
Try this one...

January saw virtually zero U.S. imports of Russian crude, with some volumes slated to arrive in February and March purchased before Russia’s invasion of Ukraine. So far, there haven’t been any signs of fresh bookings as buyers look elsewhere for supply.

Russian oil made up only about 3% of all the crude shipments that arrived in the U.S. last year, data from the U.S. Energy Information Administration show. U.S. imports of Russian crude so far in 2022 have dropped to the slowest annual pace since 2017, intelligence firm Kpler said.
My sources say otherwise, but I'm not sharing my information with people I don't know, and they're demanding name, address, and telephone numbers these days. I'm not going there. And not ever.

Try this one...

Bloomberg wants $300 for me to read their page. That's out of my pay grade because I retired 12 years ago.

Compromise with who? You? I don't see why I need to compromise my beliefs to please you. And you say that after I agreed with you on 3 other points. Sheesh, tough crowd.
You already wanted the other 3

But with you the game is heads you win, tails we lose

The keystone pipeline is almost completed and should be finished

it does benefit the US since we refine the oil

which can be used to replace russian oil on the world market

as for Alaska, libs have been stalling for decades

if not for them we would already be benefiting from it now

Putin does know that about 100 million dollars a day will be coming for the Russian oil we import, stupid ass that Biden is.
When are oil producers like Exxon going to ramp up production considering they've cut it by 10%? When the price of a gallon is up where they want it so they can continue to fuck over the American consumer?

The keystone pipeline is almost completed and should be finished

If by completed you mean about 8%, sure buddy.

it does benefit the US since we refine the oil

We don't use the oil which was your original point.

which can be used to replace russian oil on the world market

See above.

as for Alaska, libs have been stalling for decades

Yes, it would be an environmental clusterfuck and Shell tried and gave up.

It's expensive.

if not for them we would already be benefiting from it now

You'd hardly notice.

Now....

WHERE IS YOUR COMPROMISE?

Oil is oil

and we are stronger with more at our disposal rather than less

You countered pretty much none of my post other than some overly generalized statement.

WHERE IS YOUR COMPROMISE?

Forum List

Back