Moscow has defaulted on its foreign debt, says S&P

Litwin

Platinum Member
Sep 3, 2017
GDL&Sweden
Moscow HORDE has defaulted on its foreign debt, says S&P

London (CNN Business)Russia has defaulted on its foreign debt because it offered bondholders payments in rubles, not dollars, credit ratings agency S&P has said.

the things are MOVING much faster THE LAST DAYS , one for sure our SANCTIONS WORK :thup:

Moscow HORDE has defaulted on its foreign debt, says S&P

London (CNN Business)Russia has defaulted on its foreign debt because it offered bondholders payments in rubles, not dollars, credit ratings agency S&P has said.

the things are MOVING much faster THE LAST DAYS , one for sure our SANCTIONS WORK :thup:

And Russia did default. First time in 100 years.

It's strange that the Ruble is stronger than ever....

1656458300085.png

Russia says they actually made the payment in May:
Russia says that any default is artificial because it has the money to pay its debts but that sanctions have frozen its foreign currency reserves held abroad.

Russia’s Finance Ministry said it made the payments to its onshore National Settlement Depository in euros and dollars, adding it had fulfilled obligations.

In a call with reporters, Kremlin spokesperson Dmitry Peskov said the fact that payments had been blocked because of Western sanctions on Russia was “not our problem.”

I am not pro-Russia, but I don't know whom to believe. If Russia actually sent the money in dollars and euros, but the West blocked the payment, is that really default?

[Edit: Here is Russia's official response....]

It's strange that the Ruble is stronger than ever....

View attachment 663507

Russia says they actually made the payment in May:
Russia says that any default is artificial because it has the money to pay its debts but that sanctions have frozen its foreign currency reserves held abroad.

Russia’s Finance Ministry said it made the payments to its onshore National Settlement Depository in euros and dollars, adding it had fulfilled obligations.

In a call with reporters, Kremlin spokesperson Dmitry Peskov said the fact that payments had been blocked because of Western sanctions on Russia was “not our problem.”

I am not pro-Russia, but I don't know whom to believe. If Russia actually sent the money in dollars and Euros, but the West blocked the payment, is that really default?
Russia claims it was forced default.

Forum List

Back