Black Communities Ravaged by COVID-19. Black Churches Still Meeting.

And yet, AMAZINGLY, White Leftist Shamers on USMB are silent about it and we don't see any Black Pastors being arrested on television. We have fat crocodile tears about the "mega churches". (Black churches are never "mega churches" for some reason.)

I wonder why that is, any ideas?

When deciding to close the doors of black churches, congregational leaders across the US wrestle with unique considerations. Paul J. James, pastor of CareView Community Church in Lansdowne, Pennsylvania, noted in an interview with The Undefeated how closing is “counterintuitive to most churches, especially the black church… where we’re just glad to get together because of how hard life has been historically for us here in America. Church has been a safe place for us. It’s been a safe harbor. Now here we are faced with the inability to come together.”

Last week, the federal government strongly urged Americans not to gather in groups of more than 10, and restrictions keep coming. We suspect that many churches will close in the near future, but the decision will not been easy.

In St. Louis, the mayor hosted a teleconference with 300 clergy, including many of black churches, to urge them not to hold services. While some chose to stop meetings and modify their ministries, others struggled to make the change.

In Michigan, Gov. Gretchen Whitmer banned gatherings of more than 50 but then exempted churches from penalties. This will give some churches more options, though many are choosing to modify in some way. Triumph Church, which has seven locations in the Detroit area, will continue to gather in person, for now, though it expanded the number of services to reduce congregation size and is asking members to register ahead of time so it can maintain at least six feet between worshippers. It is also providing an online service and a drive-in service.

A lot of things inform these responses to the coronavirus outbreak: culture, histories of discrimination, and marginalization, as well as faith-based values. People experience events like COVID-19 not only as individuals but also in communities and in the social locations we inhabit. As social scientists—Deidra as a black woman doing research on HPV and Elaine as a white woman who studies how religious organizations respond to science—we offer some observations based on our research for the past 10 years at the Religion and Public Life Program at Rice University. We have been gathering upwards of 150 religious and civic leaders regularly to talk about how we can use social science research on religion to build common ground for the common good.

Drop the white victimhood lady. There are black mega churches. And apparently blacks in Florida aren't holding services in churches. And its always funny when a republican like you suddenly gets so concerned about blacks only after somebody white gets arrested for something that you can't see blacks getting arrested for.

Nobody black will be calling COVID19 a racist disease. But that's how you racists see black people. Normal non racist whites would not make that kind of comment.

Black churches need to close just like everybody else. But what you really need to do Sue is work on ending the racism in the white community that has you posting this instead of whining "what about black pastors, why don't they get arrested."
Why must there still be ‘black’ churches and why does everyone have to accept that without question?

Why are there black churches? Could it be because black folks couldn't attend the white ones. Duh.

Don't hurt em with documented history like that Superbad. They want to live with amnesia in peace.
And who is stopping them now? No one. Just because blacks refuse to integrate doesn’t mean non-blacks are segregationist. You have it completely on the wrong foot.
What's stopping whites from attending black churches? Answer that one.

Most sane people aren't going to take their families into murder zones for black hoodlums voluntarily, and that includes black people who don't live in Hoodz.

See this folks is sheer racist stupidity at it's best.

My black neighbors that go to church go to the local ones like everybody else around here does.

I doubt very seriously if a guy like you lives next to someone black.

Clean up your neighborhoods and business will get better and fewer 12 year old terrorists will be rampaging around killing people by the dozens every weekend. But we know you need that, and have no intentions of ending it, because you know that's where the money is, shaking down white people via Pity Parties for vermin.

Talk about a bunch of racist babble.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
And yet, AMAZINGLY, White Leftist Shamers on USMB are silent about it and we don't see any Black Pastors being arrested on television. We have fat crocodile tears about the "mega churches". (Black churches are never "mega churches" for some reason.)

When deciding to close the doors of black churches, congregational leaders across the US wrestle with unique considerations. Paul J. James, pastor of CareView Community Church in Lansdowne, Pennsylvania, noted in an interview with The Undefeated how closing is “counterintuitive to most churches, especially the black church… where we’re just glad to get together because of how hard life has been historically for us here in America. Church has been a safe place for us. It’s been a safe harbor. Now here we are faced with the inability to come together.”

Last week, the federal government strongly urged Americans not to gather in groups of more than 10, and restrictions keep coming. We suspect that many churches will close in the near future, but the decision will not been easy.

In St. Louis, the mayor hosted a teleconference with 300 clergy, including many of black churches, to urge them not to hold services. While some chose to stop meetings and modify their ministries, others struggled to make the change.

In Michigan, Gov. Gretchen Whitmer banned gatherings of more than 50 but then exempted churches from penalties. This will give some churches more options, though many are choosing to modify in some way. Triumph Church, which has seven locations in the Detroit area, will continue to gather in person, for now, though it expanded the number of services to reduce congregation size and is asking members to register ahead of time so it can maintain at least six feet between worshippers. It is also providing an online service and a drive-in service.

A lot of things inform these responses to the coronavirus outbreak: culture, histories of discrimination, and marginalization, as well as faith-based values. People experience events like COVID-19 not only as individuals but also in communities and in the social locations we inhabit. As social scientists—Deidra as a black woman doing research on HPV and Elaine as a white woman who studies how religious organizations respond to science—we offer some observations based on our research for the past 10 years at the Religion and Public Life Program at Rice University. We have been gathering upwards of 150 religious and civic leaders regularly to talk about how we can use social science research on religion to build common ground for the common good.

Drop the white victimhood lady. There are black mega churches. And apparently blacks in Florida aren't holding services in churches. And its always funny when a republican like you suddenly gets so concerned about blacks only after somebody white gets arrested for something that you can't see blacks getting arrested for.

Nobody black will be calling COVID19 a racist disease. But that's how you racists see black people. Normal non racist whites would not make that kind of comment.

Black churches need to close just like everybody else. But what you really need to do Sue is work on ending the racism in the white community that has you posting this instead of whining "what about black pastors, why don't they get arrested."
Why must there still be ‘black’ churches and why does everyone have to accept that without question?

Why are there black churches? Could it be because black folks couldn't attend the white ones. Duh.

Don't hurt em with documented history like that Superbad. They want to live with amnesia in peace.
And who is stopping them now? No one. Just because blacks refuse to integrate doesn’t mean non-blacks are segregationist. You have it completely on the wrong foot.
What's stopping whites from attending black churches? Answer that one.
The same thing that stops any assimilated American regardless of skin color.

Hmm. can you tell me when it was against the law for whites to attend a black church.

• Thanks
The virus has been shown to attack those who are overweight and those who are diabetic or prediabetic disproportionately.
Combine these scientific facts with a group of people who insist on gathering in large numbers, for instance in churches and you get what you get.

Well, the Democrats can't let a little thing like COVID-19 get in the way of their narrative, can they???

Even though they have a different pastor now, Obama's old church in Chicago is still having their Sunday worship service...

And COVID-19 is taking off in Chicago, with over 3.000 cases...

Of course they are, and as you say, in Chicago of all places. Which like Detroit is a hot spot.

No arrests, the MSM won't even mention it, the USMB Leftists all raging about the white megachurches having their services, of course. Can't be mad at the minorities. Do you think it's a case of the white liberals just think those "poor brown people don't know any better"? I always suspect that. Always.
New York/Chicago/Detroit/New Orleans? Notice anything in common?

for people like sue....every day brings a new hell...simple as that...the soul less have no eternity

bones, let me tell you something, sweetheart. I'm as tough as they come. I used to BE you: a secular liberal agnostic pro-choice war-protesting Democrat voting Leftist, just like you. All the insults, all your worthless blather, all of it. I know it so well because, gosh more than 20 years ago, I used to do it all.

I woke up.

You're probably beyond waking up at this point, but believe me, the stuff you're spewing? I know what it's built on. I understand it from the very inside.

So what are you now? A right wing, Bible thumping, let's go to war (as long as it's not me), gun toting, racist.
When the data is studied it will show those were morbidly overweight and diabetic or prediabetic and gathered in large numbers were the most likely to catch the virus. Then the NBC will be screaming their nappy heads off that the 'Whites' are to blame!
You can take that fact to the bank!

for people like sue....every day brings a new hell...simple as that...the soul less have no eternity

bones, let me tell you something, sweetheart. I'm as tough as they come. I used to BE you: a secular liberal agnostic pro-choice war-protesting Democrat voting Leftist, just like you. All the insults, all your worthless blather, all of it. I know it so well because, gosh more than 20 years ago, I used to do it all.

I woke up.

You're probably beyond waking up at this point, but believe me, the stuff you're spewing? I know what it's built on. I understand it from the very inside.

So what are you now? A right wing, Bible thumping, let's go to war (as long as it's not me), gun toting, racist.
When the data is studied it will show those were morbidly overweight and diabetic or prediabetic and gathered in large numbers were the most likely to catch the virus. Then the NBC will be screaming their nappy heads off that the 'Whites' are to blame!
You can take that fact to the bank!

So now your dumb ass opinion is supposed to be taken as fact.

• Thanks

They are already starting in on the racism absolutely. Of course it's racism and not the fact that Blacks in Detroit are still congregating in family groups; still going to church in groups.

Although Detroit has the highest concentration of cases, several suburbs that surround the city have low rates of coronavirus including Dearborn, Allen Park and Grosse Pointe Park.

All are predominantly white.

Tlaib said “it is very clear that structural racism is showing its ugly face during this global pandemic.”

“It is communities of color, especially the African-American community in my district, that you see getting directly impacted,” she said.

Dr. Abdul El-Sayed, an epidemiologist, said even if it was made public, existing data on coronavirus may not illustrate the full effect in communities of color.

“We're testing only people who come in with severe disease,” said El-Sayed, the former health director of the City of Detroit who ran for governor in 2018 as a Democrat.

“Frankly, I think that we would be very much underestimating the burden that this disease has in low-income communities and communities of color.”
I'm black sue, please stop trying to tell me what blacks are thinking. Funny how you are on this but you run from the reality of white racist American public policy. COVID19 will hit the black community hard due to the scarcity of medical facilities in that community, low incomes and the inability to afford health insurance. And that is due to racism. So like I said, you don't want to discuss white racist American public policy, but you want to run your mouth about some black churches in Detroit.
Everyone knows what blacks are thinking. You guys cant stop talking about racism.
That's because you guys can't stop being racists.

Blah blah blah racism.

It's all you clowns have. Nobody gives a shit about your identity politics.
Given that whites invented identity politics and still practice it, your psychosis is noted.

If you hate whitey so much why are you living in a predominantly white country? There's a whole goddamn continent full of your brethren. Go there. Otherwise shut the fuck up.
Who's whining now, Europe beckons.

I'll stick to the land my ancestors conquered and bequeathed to me. Thanks.
Your ancestors immigrated from Europe. They didn't conquer anything. Unless you call genocide conquering. My ancestors built this country while your lazy ass ancestors sat ion their ass. Besides the Native Americans gave your ancestors permission to be here and until they tell me I have to leave, no white man can say shit. Therefore I will retain my right to air my grievance pertaining to white racism and you will accept my freedom to do so.
You think your ancestors built this nation? Thats amusing. :abgg2q.jpg:

They are already starting in on the racism absolutely. Of course it's racism and not the fact that Blacks in Detroit are still congregating in family groups; still going to church in groups.

Although Detroit has the highest concentration of cases, several suburbs that surround the city have low rates of coronavirus including Dearborn, Allen Park and Grosse Pointe Park.

Tlaib said “it is very clear that structural racism is showing its ugly face during this global pandemic.”

“It is communities of color, especially the African-American community in my district, that you see getting directly impacted,” she said.

Dr. Abdul El-Sayed, an epidemiologist, said even if it was made public, existing data on coronavirus may not illustrate the full effect in communities of color.

“We're testing only people who come in with severe disease,” said El-Sayed, the former health director of the City of Detroit who ran for governor in 2018 as a Democrat.

“Frankly, I think that we would be very much underestimating the burden that this disease has in low-income communities and communities of color.”
I'm black sue, please stop trying to tell me what blacks are thinking. Funny how you are on this but you run from the reality of white racist American public policy. COVID19 will hit the black community hard due to the scarcity of medical facilities in that community, low incomes and the inability to afford health insurance. And that is due to racism. So like I said, you don't want to discuss white racist American public policy, but you want to run your mouth about some black churches in Detroit.
Everyone knows what blacks are thinking. You guys cant stop talking about racism.
“Everyone know what blacks are thinking,” huh?
Since when has the black community been quiet about what they are thinking?

Well since Trump was elected, we know that racist damn sure haven't been quiet about what they are thinking.
You know who did quiet down? Black Lives Matter. Their crappy little movement got shut down because those people sucked.

Did it?
Im not hearing a peep out of them anymore. They shut their stupid mouths after Obama left office.

As i said before

Stupidity is colorbind

Well since Trump was elected, we know that racist damn sure haven't been quiet about what they are thinking.
You know who did quiet down? Black Lives Matter. Their crappy little movement got shut down because those people sucked.

Did it?
Im not hearing a peep out of them anymore. They shut their stupid mouths after Obama left office.

Or could it be the number of innocent black folks being gunned down has dropped.

Did it?

Or could it be the number of innocent black folks being gunned down has dropped.
So they only wanted a few less shot? That sounds like a retarded movement.

Did it?

While racist like you want more shot.

• Thanks

Did it?

I want MANY criminals to be shot. I dont see how race is a factor.

Did it?

When did innocent black folks become criminals.

• Thanks

Did it?

Innocent people getting shot is incredibly rare. Mike Brown was not innocent.

Did it?

No black person ever is, are they?

Did it?

Its rare.

Well, the Democrats can't let a little thing like COVID-19 get in the way of their narrative, can they???

Even though they have a different pastor now, Obama's old church in Chicago is still having their Sunday worship service...

And COVID-19 is taking off in Chicago, with over 3.000 cases...

Of course they are, and as you say, in Chicago of all places. Which like Detroit is a hot spot.

No arrests, the MSM won't even mention it, the USMB Leftists all raging about the white megachurches having their services, of course. Can't be mad at the minorities. Do you think it's a case of the white liberals just think those "poor brown people don't know any better"? I always suspect that. Always.
New York/Chicago/Detroit/New Orleans? Notice anything in common?
I notice an idiot who thinks the virus is only hitting democratic cities. The highest rate of hospitalizations from COVID19 are in Mississippi.

That's because you guys can't stop being racists.

Blah blah blah racism.

It's all you clowns have. Nobody gives a shit about your identity politics.
Given that whites invented identity politics and still practice it, your psychosis is noted.

If you hate whitey so much why are you living in a predominantly white country? There's a whole goddamn continent full of your brethren. Go there. Otherwise shut the fuck up.
Who's whining now, Europe beckons.

I'll stick to the land my ancestors conquered and bequeathed to me. Thanks.
Your ancestors immigrated from Europe. They didn't conquer anything. Unless you call genocide conquering. My ancestors built this country while your lazy ass ancestors sat ion their ass. Besides the Native Americans gave your ancestors permission to be here and until they tell me I have to leave, no white man can say shit. Therefore I will retain my right to air my grievance pertaining to white racism and you will accept my freedom to do so.
You think your ancestors built this nation? Thats amusing. :abgg2q.jpg:
They did.

Laugh on bitch.

Did it?

Its rare.

No it's not.

New Topics

Forum List

Back