Black Communities Ravaged by COVID-19. Black Churches Still Meeting.

And yet, AMAZINGLY, White Leftist Shamers on USMB are silent about it and we don't see any Black Pastors being arrested on television. We have fat crocodile tears about the "mega churches". (Black churches are never "mega churches" for some reason.)

I wonder why that is, any ideas?

When deciding to close the doors of black churches, congregational leaders across the US wrestle with unique considerations. Paul J. James, pastor of CareView Community Church in Lansdowne, Pennsylvania, noted in an interview with The Undefeated how closing is “counterintuitive to most churches, especially the black church… where we’re just glad to get together because of how hard life has been historically for us here in America. Church has been a safe place for us. It’s been a safe harbor. Now here we are faced with the inability to come together.”

Last week, the federal government strongly urged Americans not to gather in groups of more than 10, and restrictions keep coming. We suspect that many churches will close in the near future, but the decision will not been easy.

In St. Louis, the mayor hosted a teleconference with 300 clergy, including many of black churches, to urge them not to hold services. While some chose to stop meetings and modify their ministries, others struggled to make the change.

In Michigan, Gov. Gretchen Whitmer banned gatherings of more than 50 but then exempted churches from penalties. This will give some churches more options, though many are choosing to modify in some way. Triumph Church, which has seven locations in the Detroit area, will continue to gather in person, for now, though it expanded the number of services to reduce congregation size and is asking members to register ahead of time so it can maintain at least six feet between worshippers. It is also providing an online service and a drive-in service.

A lot of things inform these responses to the coronavirus outbreak: culture, histories of discrimination, and marginalization, as well as faith-based values. People experience events like COVID-19 not only as individuals but also in communities and in the social locations we inhabit. As social scientists—Deidra as a black woman doing research on HPV and Elaine as a white woman who studies how religious organizations respond to science—we offer some observations based on our research for the past 10 years at the Religion and Public Life Program at Rice University. We have been gathering upwards of 150 religious and civic leaders regularly to talk about how we can use social science research on religion to build common ground for the common good.

Drop the white victimhood lady. There are black mega churches. And apparently blacks in Florida aren't holding services in churches. And its always funny when a republican like you suddenly gets so concerned about blacks only after somebody white gets arrested for something that you can't see blacks getting arrested for.

Nobody black will be calling COVID19 a racist disease. But that's how you racists see black people. Normal non racist whites would not make that kind of comment.

Black churches need to close just like everybody else. But what you really need to do Sue is work on ending the racism in the white community that has you posting this instead of whining "what about black pastors, why don't they get arrested."

They are already starting in on the racism absolutely. Of course it's racism and not the fact that Blacks in Detroit are still congregating in family groups; still going to church in groups.

Although Detroit has the highest concentration of cases, several suburbs that surround the city have low rates of coronavirus including Dearborn, Allen Park and Grosse Pointe Park.

All are predominantly white.

Tlaib said “it is very clear that structural racism is showing its ugly face during this global pandemic.”

“It is communities of color, especially the African-American community in my district, that you see getting directly impacted,” she said.

Dr. Abdul El-Sayed, an epidemiologist, said even if it was made public, existing data on coronavirus may not illustrate the full effect in communities of color.

“We're testing only people who come in with severe disease,” said El-Sayed, the former health director of the City of Detroit who ran for governor in 2018 as a Democrat.

“Frankly, I think that we would be very much underestimating the burden that this disease has in low-income communities and communities of color.”
I'm black sue, please stop trying to tell me what blacks are thinking. Funny how you are on this but you run from the reality of white racist American public policy. COVID19 will hit the black community hard due to the scarcity of medical facilities in that community, low incomes and the inability to afford health insurance. And that is due to racism. So like I said, you don't want to discuss white racist American public policy, but you want to run your mouth about some black churches in Detroit.
Everyone knows what blacks are thinking. You guys cant stop talking about racism.
That's because you guys can't stop being racists.

Blah blah blah racism.

It's all you clowns have. Nobody gives a shit about your identity politics.
Given that whites invented identity politics and still practice it, your psychosis is noted.

If you hate whitey so much why are you living in a predominantly white country? There's a whole goddamn continent full of your brethren. Go there. Otherwise shut the fuck up.
Who's whining now, Europe beckons.

I'll stick to the land my ancestors conquered and bequeathed to me. Thanks.
Your ancestors immigrated from Europe. They didn't conquer anything. Unless you call genocide conquering. My ancestors built this country while your lazy ass ancestors sat ion their ass. Besides the Native Americans gave your ancestors permission to be here and until they tell me I have to leave, no white man can say shit. Therefore I will retain my right to air my grievance pertaining to white racism and you will accept my freedom to do so.
You think your ancestors built this nation? Thats amusing. :abgg2q.jpg:
They did.

Laugh on bitch.

Damn, your grasp of history is terrible if you think that.

And yet, AMAZINGLY, White Leftist Shamers on USMB are silent about it and we don't see any Black Pastors being arrested on television. We have fat crocodile tears about the "mega churches". (Black churches are never "mega churches" for some reason.)

When deciding to close the doors of black churches, congregational leaders across the US wrestle with unique considerations. Paul J. James, pastor of CareView Community Church in Lansdowne, Pennsylvania, noted in an interview with The Undefeated how closing is “counterintuitive to most churches, especially the black church… where we’re just glad to get together because of how hard life has been historically for us here in America. Church has been a safe place for us. It’s been a safe harbor. Now here we are faced with the inability to come together.”

Last week, the federal government strongly urged Americans not to gather in groups of more than 10, and restrictions keep coming. We suspect that many churches will close in the near future, but the decision will not been easy.

In St. Louis, the mayor hosted a teleconference with 300 clergy, including many of black churches, to urge them not to hold services. While some chose to stop meetings and modify their ministries, others struggled to make the change.

In Michigan, Gov. Gretchen Whitmer banned gatherings of more than 50 but then exempted churches from penalties. This will give some churches more options, though many are choosing to modify in some way. Triumph Church, which has seven locations in the Detroit area, will continue to gather in person, for now, though it expanded the number of services to reduce congregation size and is asking members to register ahead of time so it can maintain at least six feet between worshippers. It is also providing an online service and a drive-in service.

A lot of things inform these responses to the coronavirus outbreak: culture, histories of discrimination, and marginalization, as well as faith-based values. People experience events like COVID-19 not only as individuals but also in communities and in the social locations we inhabit. As social scientists—Deidra as a black woman doing research on HPV and Elaine as a white woman who studies how religious organizations respond to science—we offer some observations based on our research for the past 10 years at the Religion and Public Life Program at Rice University. We have been gathering upwards of 150 religious and civic leaders regularly to talk about how we can use social science research on religion to build common ground for the common good.

Drop the white victimhood lady. There are black mega churches. And apparently blacks in Florida aren't holding services in churches. And its always funny when a republican like you suddenly gets so concerned about blacks only after somebody white gets arrested for something that you can't see blacks getting arrested for.

Nobody black will be calling COVID19 a racist disease. But that's how you racists see black people. Normal non racist whites would not make that kind of comment.

Black churches need to close just like everybody else. But what you really need to do Sue is work on ending the racism in the white community that has you posting this instead of whining "what about black pastors, why don't they get arrested."

They are already starting in on the racism absolutely. Of course it's racism and not the fact that Blacks in Detroit are still congregating in family groups; still going to church in groups.

Although Detroit has the highest concentration of cases, several suburbs that surround the city have low rates of coronavirus including Dearborn, Allen Park and Grosse Pointe Park.

Tlaib said “it is very clear that structural racism is showing its ugly face during this global pandemic.”

“It is communities of color, especially the African-American community in my district, that you see getting directly impacted,” she said.

Dr. Abdul El-Sayed, an epidemiologist, said even if it was made public, existing data on coronavirus may not illustrate the full effect in communities of color.

“We're testing only people who come in with severe disease,” said El-Sayed, the former health director of the City of Detroit who ran for governor in 2018 as a Democrat.

“Frankly, I think that we would be very much underestimating the burden that this disease has in low-income communities and communities of color.”
I'm black sue, please stop trying to tell me what blacks are thinking. Funny how you are on this but you run from the reality of white racist American public policy. COVID19 will hit the black community hard due to the scarcity of medical facilities in that community, low incomes and the inability to afford health insurance. And that is due to racism. So like I said, you don't want to discuss white racist American public policy, but you want to run your mouth about some black churches in Detroit.
Everyone knows what blacks are thinking. You guys cant stop talking about racism.
“Everyone know what blacks are thinking,” huh?
Since when has the black community been quiet about what they are thinking?

Well since Trump was elected, we know that racist damn sure haven't been quiet about what they are thinking.
You know who did quiet down? Black Lives Matter. Their crappy little movement got shut down because those people sucked.

Did it?
Im not hearing a peep out of them anymore. They shut their stupid mouths after Obama left office.

Or could it be the number of innocent black folks being gunned down has dropped.
So they only wanted a few less shot? That sounds like a retarded movement.

While racist like you want more shot.
I want MANY criminals to be shot. I dont see how race is a factor.

When did innocent black folks become criminals.
Innocent people getting shot is incredibly rare. Mike Brown was not innocent.

No black person ever is, are they?
Its rare.

No it's not.
Sure it is. How many black people are in the US and how many innocent ones are killed by cops? Do the math.

Blah blah blah racism.

Given that whites invented identity politics and still practice it, your psychosis is noted.

If you hate whitey so much why are you living in a predominantly white country? There's a whole goddamn continent full of your brethren. Go there. Otherwise shut the fuck up.

Your ancestors immigrated from Europe. They didn't conquer anything. Unless you call genocide conquering. My ancestors built this country while your lazy ass ancestors sat ion their ass. Besides the Native Americans gave your ancestors permission to be here and until they tell me I have to leave, no white man can say shit. Therefore I will retain my right to air my grievance pertaining to white racism and you will accept my freedom to do so.
They did.

Laugh on bitch.

My grasp of history is perfect. So is my understanding of psychology. That's why I will tell you again to seek help for your psychosis.

Well since Trump was elected, we know that racist damn sure haven't been quiet about what they are thinking.
You know who did quiet down? Black Lives Matter. Their crappy little movement got shut down because those people sucked.

Did it?
Im not hearing a peep out of them anymore. They shut their stupid mouths after Obama left office.

Or could it be the number of innocent black folks being gunned down has dropped.

Its rare.

No it's not.
Sure it is. How many black people are in the US and how many innocent ones are killed by cops? Do the math.

Let's see, there are 30 categories of crime listed by the DOJ in it's annual Uniform Crime Report. Every year whites lead in 27. Every year whites are arrested at almost 3 times the rate of blacks. In the history of this country, whites have murdered millions of people just in America. Math is not your friend white ---. So I suggest you stop asking dumb questions and making dumb racist comments.

Did it?

Mike Brown was not guilty of anything that was punishable by death, he had no weapon and he was 20-30 feet away from Wilson when that maggot opened fire. You're a racist prick and all you want is to see blacks and Hispanic get shot.

Hey, if they insist on saying "fuck you" to those measures meant to protect the public, and they die, it's just a little more chlorine in the gene pool...

Did it?

Its rare.

No it's not.

One is too many.

Did it?

Its rare.

No it's not.

Let's see, there are 30 categories of crime listed by the DOJ in it's annual Uniform Crime Report. Every year whites lead in 27. Every year whites are arrested at almost 3 times the rate of blacks. In the history of this country, whites have murdered millions of people just in America. Math is not your friend white ---. So I suggest you stop asking dumb questions and making dumb racist comments.

Correct and black folks make up 44% of those incarcerated while whites make up 34%.

Did it?

Its rare.

No it's not.

Correct and black folks make up 44% of those incarcerated while whites make up 34%.

Maybe blacks should stop committing so much more crime than whites...

Blah blah blah racism.

They did.

Laugh on bitch.

My grasp of history is perfect. So is my understanding of psychology. That's why I will tell you again to seek help for your psychosis.

You said that black people built this country. That is an absurd statement that isnt remotely backed by historical data.

Did it?

Its rare.

No it's not.
Um, yes it is. The numbers arent on your side in this argument.

Did it?

Mike Brown was not guilty of anything that was punishable by death, he had no weapon and he was 20-30 feet away from Wilson when that maggot opened fire. You're a racist prick and all you want is to see blacks and Hispanic get shot.

Your facts are of course wrong, as usual. You obviously didnt follow that case closely enough to even have an opinion on it.

Did it?

Its rare.

No it's not.

Why are whites only arrested 3 times the rate of blacks, when they are almost 6 times the size of the black population?

Did it?

Its rare.

No it's not.

One is too many.
No its not. That expectation is unrealistic and childish.

and no one thought a hurricane could be racist
..the blacks think EVERYTHING is racist
saying ''blackhole'':
saying ''fried chicken'' is racist:
etc etc etc

o please we know the most segregated hours is the 11 to 12 on sunday...very few churches are mixed
there are huge black mega churches....and yes sue is trump bigot
....every one who is not white is a bigot and racist--didn't you know that?

and no one thought a hurricane could be racist
..the blacks think EVERYTHING is racist
saying ''blackhole'':
saying ''fried chicken'' is racist:
etc etc etc

As the great Jesse Lee Peterson said...

JesseLeePeterson.png

There was never any racism in this country except for racism against whites....

How this man isn't getting more consideration for the Senate or president from the GOP is shameful....

Did it?

Like Trayvon Martin and 'Big Mike'? HAAAAAA HAAAAAA!
Or do you mean the all the fucking tree dwellers who are killing their neighbors over a fucking pair of running shoes in every fucking DEM shit hole inner city every fucking weekend?

Did it?

Its rare.

No it's not.

Because the blacks are seemingly incapable of behaving themselves.

New Topics

Forum List

Back