Bigger Failure, Bush or Trump

Who was the bigger failure?

• Bush

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • Trump

Votes: 25 75.8%

• Total voters
To say Obama was a bigger failure than Bush, is just not a reality. Bush failed at everything he did and the results prove that.

You have proven yourself a partisan hack.
Obama did zero for the American people!! He was a complete fraud and demon . He abused his powers and flooded the USA with millions of illegals

Bush's biggest failing (other than the fact he was a conservative which I wouldn't like anyway) was Iraq. If you subtract that, he was competent, professional, and he had a moral compass (his reason for not pardoning Libby for example, despite pressure from Cheney). I think, over time history will be a little kinder to him as it also has been to Carter though he will probably rank near the bottom. Trump, with his now complete abdication of his job and duties, is far worse and has left a very tangled legacy that we likely won't realize for years.
GW was solely responsible for the housing crash as well as the trespasser invasion, business visa invasion and 25,000 factories leaving the US.

How specifically - as in what policies did he initiate that led to that?

GWB, one of the worst presidents in US history. Bush inherited a balanced budget with a projected stimulus and left with a total financial meltdown and a massive gov deficit shortfall. Add in 2 failed wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, and the failed Katrina respionse and you have a typical GOP presidency... total failure.

Trump, one of the most insane presidents in US history. The Trump Covid "plan"/response will go down as the biggest blunder in the entire history of America... What a feat. On top of that Trump has bankrupted the US government leaving us with crippling deficits and an economy reliant on multi-trillion dollar aid packages.

Which president is the bigger failure, it is a very hard question to answer. I am leaning Bush, but they are both so bad...

I presume you would agree that every current leader on earth today whose nation is going through this pandemic is the worst leader that nation has ever had.

Depends on how they handled it.

GWB, one of the worst presidents in US history. Bush inherited a balanced budget with a projected stimulus and left with a total financial meltdown and a massive gov deficit shortfall. Add in 2 failed wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, and the failed Katrina respionse and you have a typical GOP presidency... total failure.

Trump, one of the most insane presidents in US history. The Trump Covid "plan"/response will go down as the biggest blunder in the entire history of America... What a feat. On top of that Trump has bankrupted the US government leaving us with crippling deficits and an economy reliant on multi-trillion dollar aid packages.

Which president is the bigger failure, it is a very hard question to answer. I am leaning Bush, but they are both so bad...

No. W worst. O even worse. Dumb Don really bad.

You're an equal opportunity politician hater Gip. But be careful not to get splinters in yer butt from that fence you're sitting on. ;)
LOL. I get that fence sitting criticism a lot here. It’s what partisans of the two criminal gangs do. It’s not even close to accurate. I’m not on the fence at all. I know both gangs suck. Too bad you’re not enlightened like I am.

Well, who did you vote for in 2020 and in your lifetime, who was your favorite president?
I don’t vote. It clearly means nothing. JFK is my favorite. All the others suck.
:thankusmile: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Amen to that. Exactly,until we get a REAL president to have a REAL investigation into the jfk assassination and tell the msm media to stop lying about who killed jfk,they all suck. Trump has four years to reinstate jfks executive order to ban the fed,he didn’t do shit.

you post something like this on angelos thread,he gets pissed and goes into insulting mode,he hates anybody not kissing the ass of his hero trump.

Last edited:
Bush's biggest failing (other than the fact he was a conservative which I wouldn't like anyway) was Iraq. If you subtract that, he was competent, professional, and he had a moral compass (his reason for not pardoning Libby for example, despite pressure from Cheney). I think, over time history will be a little kinder to him as it also has been to Carter though he will probably rank near the bottom. Trump, with his now complete abdication of his job and duties, is far worse and has left a very tangled legacy that we likely won't realize for years.
GW was solely responsible for the housing crash as well as the trespasser invasion, business visa invasion and 25,000 factories leaving the US.

Wrong, clinton and the democrats caused the housing crash you dumb fuck......by forcing banks to give loans to people they knew would never be able to pay them back, and then, when GW tried to fix the problem, barney frank and his buddies told him there wasn't a problem and blocked him from taking action...

You dumb fuck.

Baloney - that was 8 years prior.

Trump has benefited China. Russia's emboldened too, but only cold war warriors see Russia as a long term geopolicial threat. China doesn't even pretend to have free elections or an opposition to the govt. Trump's "soft spot" for Putin is well discussed, but I think his China failure was unplanned and just incompetent.

On the other hand, W's response to 9-11 with Iraq pretty much ended our claim as the one remaining suprerpower, and our credibility on world threats like Iran is zero. China actually offers the West more of a partnership is dealing with threats.

Domestically? Will W's blowing up the deficits end medicare or our military dominance? Will Trump's incompetnce make us the 21st century Britain. I dunno.

Unless you're white, I don't see much reason to vote R unless you consider AOC
Most of the Russians I have met who emigrated to the US say the US is just as corrupt as Mother Russia.
I have heard the same thing.I only know one of them but yeah she said the same thing,she sees what went on in Russia happening g right now here in the us especially with these lockdowns and vote fraud we are really in the times of stalin under mother Russia.

Although neither of these men were good presidents there is major difference between them.
GWB had a strong sense of morality and empathy but lacked the management and diplomatic skills needed so he trusted others who simple provided bad advice which he followed. Trump on the other hand, is totally lacking in empathy or morality and unlike GWB, trusted no one. He ran his administration exactly the way he ran the the Trump Organization making decisions that he believed served his own interests, not that of the nation. In short, he's sociopath and conman.
Trump had every reason not to trust anyone. Members of his administration were constantly stabbing him in the back. Your claims about totally lacking in empathy or morality are total horseshit, of course. Your claim about him making decisions that he believed served his own interests, not that of the nation is also total horseshit. The Dims showed they were willing to fuck the entire country so they could gain power, and that's what they did. In short, all the leading Dims are sociopaths and con artists.

You fell for it.
He's only going to hire the best. You believe the stupidest shit.
Are you accusing me of believing he would only hire the best? I hardly believe that. Trump thought he was hiring the best, but a lot of them turned out to be back stabbers.
No they proved to be patriots. The guy is a giant failure and they put country before themselves.
Stabbing your commander in chief in the back is not an act of patriotism. Virtually everything you post is a lie.
It is when the commander in chief is a giant failure. They tried to help him be decent, but he's too big a failure. Giant deficits, huge bailouts, most pandemic deaths, couldn't hit 3% gdp growth, tariffs that hurt manufacturing....
Pissing you off does not make him a failure. In fact it means he is a success.

They didn't try to help him. They tried to fuck him.

As usual, you're trying to blame him for the effects of the Dim demanded shutdown. That only proves that you're a sleazy lying douchebag.

Who are you trying to fool?

While I am no fan of Donald Trump, the points you touch on are important to highlite given the OP's implicit claim that Trump was somehow a failure.

I don't know if he was or he wasn't, history will add to that conversation over time.

That people don't like what he did does not have sway in his success/failure evaluation.

You judge based on facts.

If these people were high school teachers it seems like you'd pass or fail chemistry based on the color of the shirts you wore to class.
The fact that Dims hate him with a passion is a clear indicator that he accomplished his goals. Putting a stop to the leftwing establishment was his main goal. That's why they are so pissed.
His goal was to wreck the country? Make obama look fiscally responsible? Give us the most pandemic deaths? Have the biggest bailouts? You are such an idiot you can't recognize failure.
That was the Dim agenda, not Trump's, moron.

Anyway we cut it, Donald J Trump will go down as perhaps our worst President.
His antics will be the stuff of legend
As will his failures
Not by anyone who has two brain cells to rub together.

As bad as History will rate Trump, those who supported him will go down as worse
Nah, just a bunch of conned fools.
Future generations will look at Trump supporters and scratch their heads

WTF were they thinking?
Only morons like you will think that.

Trump makes Bush look like Lincoln. He is an unprecedented international embarrassment. No one in American office has been dumber, more childish, pathetic or completely incompetent.

Anyway we cut it, Donald J Trump will go down as perhaps our worst President.
His antics will be the stuff of legend
As will his failures
Not by anyone who has two brain cells to rub together.

As bad as History will rate Trump, those who supported him will go down as worse
Nah, just a bunch of conned fools.
Future generations will look at Trump supporters and scratch their heads

WTF were they thinking?
Only morons like you will think that.
You will bear the shame of voting for Trump for the rest of your life

What negative lasting effect did Carter have? And he embraced monatarism before Reagan, began cutting taxes. He issued clemency to vietnam protestors in Canada. Carter was ineffectual more often than not
not only that but
The ignorant that say carter was the worst listen way too much to the cia controlled media who hates him today still because he tried to get rid of them same as our last great president jfk did. When Carter got in,he fired the evil George Bush as CIA director and replaced him with stansfield turner who immediately cleaned house firing all CIA covert operators.The CIA was horrified about these events.Soon as mass murderer and traiter Ronnie got in,he got the CIA back to its dirty tricks of CIA covert operations again by firing Turner and replacing him with the evil William casey . So enough of this garbage already that carter was the worst ever,all the others sense him have been worse except maybe trump and there were far many before him far worse as well. :uhoh3: :cuckoo:

carter did not approve of the CIA using covert operations to start wars.

he did not start world war one

he did not start world war two

he did not start the Korean War.

he did not start the Vietnam war

he did not start the Middle East war.

they both did cost lives as a result of their incompetence game but one could argue that bush was at least playing it outside...

No. W worst. O even worse. Dumb Don really bad.

You're an equal opportunity politician hater Gip. But be careful not to get splinters in yer butt from that fence you're sitting on. ;)
LOL. I get that fence sitting criticism a lot here. It’s what partisans of the two criminal gangs do. It’s not even close to accurate. I’m not on the fence at all. I know both gangs suck. Too bad you’re not enlightened like I am.

Well, who did you vote for in 2020 and in your lifetime, who was your favorite president?
I don’t vote. It clearly means nothing. JFK is my favorite. All the others suck.

Voting means nothing? Man, you really are disillusioned. However, we can agree on JFK. I was too young to assess him at the time but later in life, I've come to the same conclusion.

My pop was civil service at Pt Mugu in SoCal. Because of that, my family got right up front in the rope line when he landed in a helicopter and made a short speech. Pretty cool to have shaken his hand at the age of 5 in 1962.

Voting is a total waste of time and you’re delusional to think otherwise. In the last half century nothing would be fundamentally different, if the loser had won. As we see now, senile Biden won’t do much different from dumb Don.

Please dispute the following...

Trump, like all Presidents, has fulfilled the two critical jobs expected of him, protecting Wall Street and the military budget.

Seems pretty cynical to suggest that presidents are all the same and protecting Wall Street and the military industrial complex are all they've done. Many presidents have changed the course of history. The current one for the WORSE - BIGLY at that!

Cynical or not, the true evaluation is if it is true.
Very true.

If one isn’t cyclical after the decades of shit done by our criminal government, one isn’t thinking.
:thankusmile: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

GWB's view on Iraq was based his need to finish what his Dad started.

Cheney should have known better

He knew better as Sec Defense under Bush 41
All Cheney cared about was his stocks.
I've never been sure. I disliked him back in the 80s
The Bushes and Cheney go way back and are all scumbags.
Don’t know how to tell you this but the bush’s and Clinton’s go wayyyyyyyyyy back as well,buddies all the way back to the 80s at least when slick willie was governor of arkansaw,don’t tell me you did not know they were the best of buddies always holding hands as far back as then.? Lol. They were both in favor of nafta which is why the elite did not care which got in as long as it was not perot who was against it,the elite always get their puppet in,this last election the exception,somehow by accident trump got in.

Although neither of these men were good presidents there is major difference between them.
GWB had a strong sense of morality and empathy but lacked the management and diplomatic skills needed so he trusted others who simple provided bad advice which he followed. Trump on the other hand, is totally lacking in empathy or morality and unlike GWB, trusted no one. He ran his administration exactly the way he ran the the Trump Organization making decisions that he believed served his own interests, not that of the nation. In short, he's sociopath and conman.

A person with a strong sense of morality and empathy doesn't torture people and build GITMO prison camp.

GWB's view on Iraq was based his need to finish what his Dad started.

Cheney should have known better

He knew better as Sec Defense under Bush 41
All Cheney cared about was his stocks.
I've never been sure. I disliked him back in the 80s
The Bushes and Cheney go way back and are all scumbags.
Don’t know how to tell you this but the bush’s and Clinton’s go wayyyyyyyyyy back as well,buddies all the way back to the 80s at least when slick willie was governor of arkansaw,don’t tell me you did not know they were the best of buddies always holding hands as far back as then.? Lol. They were both in favor of nafta which is why the elite did not care which got in as long as it was not perot who was against it,the elite always get their puppet in,this last election the exception,somehow by accident trump got in.
I knew they were both anti-US but I didn't know they went way back.

Forum List

Back