Biden Says There Is No Inflation

Like raiding the home of his political opponent, Joe has been informed and is doing his best Sgt Shultz.

Along with critical race theory, “wokeness,” the deep state, and other recent conservative obsessions, it appears we can now add the basic language of economics to the list of things Republicans have decided to go to war on.

Take the latest round of inflation statistics. On Wednesday morning, the U.S. got its first bit of truly good news about the rising cost of living this year. The Consumer Price Index, which has been surging in recent months, remained essentially flat in July. That was largely thanks to tumbling gas prices, which canceled out rising costs elsewhere. (Technically, the index actually declined a tiny amount, but the change rounded to zero.)

Core inflation, which excludes volatile food and energy prices, and is watched closely by economists and the markets, rose at a 3.8 percent annual rate, its lowest reading since September 2021.
-----------
Now, personally, I think the president is at risk of spiking the football early here. While today’s inflation report was certainly welcome news, the month-to-month data can be erratic and reading too much into a single report can be hazardous. (I mean, trust me.) Nonetheless, everything Biden said was strictly accurate. Overall prices did not rise in July, meaning that inflation for the month was zero.

Biden has been a lifelong liar and buffoon.
Even the Democrat Cult Voters are starting to have doubts about Biden.

Along with critical race theory, “wokeness,” the deep state, and other recent conservative obsessions, it appears we can now add the basic language of economics to the list of things Republicans have decided to go to war on.

Take the latest round of inflation statistics. On Wednesday morning, the U.S. got its first bit of truly good news about the rising cost of living this year. The Consumer Price Index, which has been surging in recent months, remained essentially flat in July. That was largely thanks to tumbling gas prices, which canceled out rising costs elsewhere. (Technically, the index actually declined a tiny amount, but the change rounded to zero.)

Core inflation, which excludes volatile food and energy prices, and is watched closely by economists and the markets, rose at a 3.8 percent annual rate, its lowest reading since September 2021.
-----------
Now, personally, I think the president is at risk of spiking the football early here. While today’s inflation report was certainly welcome news, the month-to-month data can be erratic and reading too much into a single report can be hazardous. (I mean, trust me.) Nonetheless, everything Biden said was strictly accurate. Overall prices did not rise in July, meaning that inflation for the month was zero.

You have proven you really don't understand inflation.

-----------

Inflation is measured year over year....not Biden's one month number. :rolleyes-41:
Inflation is still above 8% year over year, not 0%

The pilot light is out. Joe has dementia and won't finish his term. He will be retired after the election in November.
No kidding....

The first warning signs were from Kamala Harris who couldn't match Joe Biden's positions and talking points.

Now we have every agency from DOJ to the Education Secretary doing whatever they want with no one telling them any sort of policy. Who is the WH Chief of Staff and what exactly are they doing these days? Are they phoning it in?

No kidding....

The first warning signs were from Kamala Harris who couldn't match Joe Biden's positions and talking points.

Now we have every agency from DOJ to the Education Secretary doing whatever they want with no one telling them any sort of policy. Who is the WH Chief of Staff and what exactly are they doing these days? Are they phoning it in?
Pelosi is the President.

-----------

The bar against Trump by Prog politicians/entertainers/media and others went into the sewer when he was in office. Nonstop attacks and false accusations. And all the Progs told the citizens, they have the answers. They do not. Trillions of dollars have legislated where a good deal of it will be stolen in various ways by payoffs, graft and corruption. And much of this inflation is part of that and EO's to remove all of Trump's.

Pelosi is the President.
Like raiding the home of his political opponent, Joe has been informed and is doing his best Sgt Shultz.

change the channel and try reality, brainwashed functional moron
  1. Inflation was at 0.0% in July and some media figures …

19 hours ago · In a report, Doocy claimed that Biden’s inflation claim “is not true” because “prices are not up 0% since last year,” ignoring that inflation was at a net 0.0% only for the month of July.

The bar against Trump by Prog politicians/entertainers/media and others went into the sewer when he was in office. Nonstop attacks and false accusations. And all the Progs told the citizens, they have the answers. They do not. Trillions of dollars have legislated where a good deal of it will be stolen in various ways by payoffs, graft and corruption. And much of this inflation is part of that and EO's to remove all of Trump's.
putin, fool.

1. Inflation was at 0.0% in July and some media figures …

19 hours ago · In a report, Doocy claimed that Biden’s inflation claim “is not true” because “prices are not up 0% since last year,” ignoring that inflation was at a net 0.0% only for the month of July.

Well, you measure it the way Biden wants you to, and I'll go along with the economists.
Economists aren’t so simple minded. Both year over year and monthly rise in CPI is reported by the BEA each month. This isn’t new.

Forum List

Back