Biden says some funding should 'absolutely' be redirected from police

Not asking for an equal match. I’m just asking that the police not act like a military occupation.
I have never seen an armored vehicle in my neighborhood

if you have then you must be doing something wrong
Sounds just what an authoritarian would say. Submit.

yes it does sound that way------but he has an explanation
Yes. The explanation is that the people must be controlled. By any means.

you feel "controlled"? What are you prevented from doing? ------looting Macy's?

Ever heard of stop and frisk?

The irony of that, was that it was to stop black criminals from killing black people.

You fixed that didn't you? No more stop and frisk, and now hundreds of blacks are dead, and you can pat yourself on the back for having a hand in it. Good job.

I bet we could stop a lot of criminals if we got rid of the 4th amendment entirely. Who is signing up for that? No? I guess you want people to die.

The second you start seeing the people as the enemies, you’ve gone too far.
I dont see cops as the enemy

but I am white when there is a lot of anti white hate coming from the left, meaning blacks

most conservatives are well armed and now I think militant blacks are buying ar-15s in preparation for a race war

if the cops are disbanded or just refuse to intervene a lot of Americans are going to die

The cops may not see you as the enemy, but in other neighborhoods they may see the people as the enemy. That’s why things are so screwed up. Police used to serve the people. Now it sometimes feels like it’s the other way around.

there are neighborhoods in which the cops are the enemies. There are neighborhoods in which bill collectors are the enemies and meter maids and people who sue for non-payment and people who serve court papers and------even "bookies" "the other way around"??? some cop demanded that you do something for HIM?
When cops behave with disregard for people’s rights and freedoms, some people may begin to see them as the enemies.

Hence defund the police. One should not have to pay for their own mistreatment.

when do cops behave with disregard for people's rights and freedoms? can you give me some examples?

This guy was just minding his own business.

the operative word is "MISTAKEN" -----have you ever made a mistake? There is a lawsuit----that's what "torts" are for. -------readending a car is also a "TORT"

Their mistake was total disregard for this person’s rights and dignity.

I suppose it was also a mistake when they wrote false reports to pin the blame on an innocent man.

So when you ask yourself why people don’t trust police, this is why.

Their “mistakes” are swept under the rug. No justice.

you are being very vague-----the cops tried to arrest the wrong man and the whole incident was
"swept under the rug"------so how do you know about it? How did it come to be a lawsuit?

Not asking for an equal match. I’m just asking that the police not act like a military occupation.

The irony of that, was that it was to stop black criminals from killing black people.

You fixed that didn't you? No more stop and frisk, and now hundreds of blacks are dead, and you can pat yourself on the back for having a hand in it. Good job.

I bet we could stop a lot of criminals if we got rid of the 4th amendment entirely. Who is signing up for that? No? I guess you want people to die.

your statement makes no sense----the fourth amendment is still on the books. Are cops breaking into your house and confiscating your books and papers and diary and searching in your sock drawer?

but I am white when there is a lot of anti white hate coming from the left, meaning blacks

most conservatives are well armed and now I think militant blacks are buying ar-15s in preparation for a race war

if the cops are disbanded or just refuse to intervene a lot of Americans are going to die

The cops may not see you as the enemy, but in other neighborhoods they may see the people as the enemy. That’s why things are so screwed up. Police used to serve the people. Now it sometimes feels like it’s the other way around.

there are neighborhoods in which the cops are the enemies. There are neighborhoods in which bill collectors are the enemies and meter maids and people who sue for non-payment and people who serve court papers and------even "bookies" "the other way around"??? some cop demanded that you do something for HIM?
When cops behave with disregard for people’s rights and freedoms, some people may begin to see them as the enemies.

Dirt poor black people are not paying for the cops

that comes from tax money and the hood pays little of the cost of police protection

The cops may not see you as the enemy
black radicals will say its white privilege, but I dont sell drugs, I dont break into houses or steal cars, and so I dont attract police attention

in the unlikely event that I was falsely arrested I dont beat up the cops and try to take their gun away
You think it’s just people selling drugs that “attract attention”?

Philando Castile was pulled over for no reason. Told to get his driver license out and was shot because he was reaching for it.

No charges.

that comes from tax money and the hood pays little of the cost of police protection

Property taxes. City service fees. And the court costs and fines from all the extra attention they get.

What you say just isn’t true.

If an officer sees you acting suspicious in a extremely high crime area, where people have been killed on a routine basis... I'm all for stop and frisk.

So, No I don't want people to die. Do you?

Property taxes. City service fees. And the court costs and fines from all the extra attention they get.

you still do not make sense. The only people who pay property tax are those with property. People who do not pay their bills are an extra cost for people who DO----it costs even to sue deadbeats

Philando Castile was pulled over for no reason. Told to get his driver license out and was shot because he was reaching for it.
Yanez was charged with second-degree manslaughter and two counts of dangerous discharge of a firearm.[10] After five days of deliberation, he was acquitted of all charges in a jury trial on June 16, 2017,

your statement makes no sense----the fourth amendment is still on the books. Are cops breaking into your house and confiscating your books and papers and diary and searching in your sock drawer?
The point was that another poster was fine with what I consider a violation of rights as long as it promoted security (which is far from shown by evidence).

Your attitude is emblematic of the problem, though. You aren’t concerned as long as it’s someone else being mistreated.

you still do not make sense. The only people who pay property tax are those with property. People who do not pay their bills are an extra cost for people who DO----it costs even to sue deadbeats
Renters pay their landowners and the landowners pay the taxes. This isn’t complicated.

Yanez was charged with second-degree manslaughter and two counts of dangerous discharge of a firearm.[10] After five days of deliberation, he was acquitted of all charges in a jury trial on June 16, 2017,
You wanted to know why people don’t always trust the police? Because of this.

But thank you for correcting me on the “no charges” part. That was my mistake.

If an officer sees you acting suspicious in a extremely high crime area, where people have been killed on a routine basis... I'm all for stop and frisk.

You know what constitutes “acting suspicious”? Basically anything.

Look at a cop? That’s suspicious. Don’t look at a cop? That’s suspicious. Looking at the ground? Suspicious. Hands in your pockets? Suspicious.

It’s like a bad joke.

The hood costs far more than it is worth

This is exactly where the phrase “Black lives matter” comes from. These are people we are talking about.

With attitudes like yours, they may rightly feel like their lives aren’t considered valuable.

Renters pay their landowners and the landowners pay the taxes. This isn’t complicated.
Renters in the hood

Look at a cop? That’s suspicious. Don’t look at a cop? That’s suspicious. Looking at the ground? Suspicious. Hands in your pockets? Suspicious.
That may be true

and the antidote for that is to stay clean till you get an education so that you can move out of the high crime area

if enough black people do that then the special attention will go away

This is exactly where the phrase “Black lives matter” comes from. These are people we are talking about.

With attitudes like yours, they may rightly feel like their lives aren’t considered valuable.
you are the one who claimed black people in the hood were paying for the police presence there

A lot of people are unfortunately not a fan of blacks having civil rights just like everyone else.

Being black is what made people suspicious looking.

Renters in the hood

That may be true

and the antidote for that is to stay clean till you get an education so that you can move out of the high crime area

if enough black people do that then the special attention will go away
That’s nonsense. Rights aren’t contingent on whether you live in a bad neighborhood or not.

Forum List

Back