Biden Officially Calls For A Review Of Federal Marijuana Scheduling On List Of Controlled Substances

No medical benefit to pot. That’s the science. Medical pot is a ruse.
If there was a medicinal benefit, a pill form of THC would be produced but that’s not the angle the industry is after.

Then do not use it.

How simple is that?

I do not partake but it's long overdue.

I agree that it is overdue, but the Biden Admin did not go far enough. Yet another screw up by the Biden Admin.

It continues the conflict between state and federal laws. 23 states have legalized the drug for recreational use and it is approved for medical use in 38 states.

While penalties for possession are probably unlikely to be prosecuted at the federal level in the future, it will still be illegal, and people won't be able to fly with weed (without a prescription), and lots of people are likely to lose their jobs for smoking weed on the weekends.

Are most people really going to through the trouble to have a prescription filled every six months? Doctor visits cost money, and it seems to be an unnecessary burden to make people jump though hoops and deal with red tape to buy weed which they could easily grow at home for a fraction of the cost.

It seems to be driven by an attempt to be able to tax it.

While pot surely has detrimental effects for some people when abused, it seems to be much less addictive and less harmful than alcohol, which is completely legal for adults to buy without a prescription. Could you imagine having to get a prescription to buy a six pack? That's what this does.

They should have went further. It's up to congress now.

Regards,
Jim

Last edited:
HHS has announced completion of its review, and will direct the DEA to reschedule marijuana to Schedule III of the Controlled Substances Act,
Nixon was given advice from a study he commissioned and then doubled down on the War angle.

"On March 22, 1972, the National Commission on Marihuana and Drug Abuse issued its report, Marijuana: A Signal of Misunderstanding, to Congress and to the Nixon Administration. Nine of the members of the Commission had been hand-picked by President Richard Nixon, including the Commission’s Chair, Raymond P. Shafer – then Governor of Pennsylvania. Members investigated the issue for two years prior to reaching their conclusions.

The Committee rebuked claims that cannabis was a highly dangerous substance worthy of criminal prohibition. Rather, it determined: “[T]he criminal law is too harsh a tool to apply to personal possession even in the effort to discourage use. It implies an overwhelming indictment of the behavior which we believe is not appropriate. The actual and potential harm of use of the drug is not great enough to justify intrusion by the criminal law into private behavior, a step which our society takes only with the greatest reluctance.”

Isn't that about the same time Biden entered Congress? What has Biden done since then except ride the Drug war gravy train?

I agree that it is overdue, but the Biden Admin did not go far enough. Yet another screw up by the Biden Admin.

It continues the conflict between state and federal laws. 23 states have legalized the drug for recreational use and it is approved for medical use in 38 states.

While penalties for possession are probably unlikely to be prosecuted at the federal level in the future, it will still be illegal, and people won't be able to fly with weed (without a prescription), and lots of people are likely to lose their jobs for smoking weed on the weekends.

Are most people really going to through the trouble to have a prescription filled every six months? Doctor visits cost money, and it seems to be an unnecessary burden to make people jump though hoops and deal with red tape to buy weed which they could easily grow at home for a fraction of the cost.

It seems to be driven by an attempt to be able to tax it.

While pot surely has detrimental effects for some people when abused, it seems to be much less addictive and less harmful than alcohol, which is completely legal for adults to buy without a prescription. Could you imagine having to get a prescription to buy a six pack? That's what this does.

They should have went further. It's up to congress now.

Regards,
Jim
I'm sure they are pushing it as far as they believe the republicans will agree to. Democrats aren't afraid to compromise. It's not all or nothing with them.

I'm sure they are pushing it as far as they believe the republicans will agree to. Democrats aren't afraid to compromise. It's not all or nothing with them.

Rescheduling by HHS is normally binding, with no action from the legislature. I have read that in order to deschedule (legalize), Congress must act, but that's not what the Wikipedia page says here.

Rescheduling by HHS is normally binding, with no action from the legislature. I have read that in order to deschedule (legalize), Congress must act, but that's not what the Wikipedia page says here.
Like I said I don't partake and hopefully never will have to. But I fully agree and would go further than that saying it should be totally legal and just as beer and alcohol are served in bars , marijuana bars should also be legal. Marijuana is safer than both of those. If anything should be illegal , it should be tobacco. , Kills 1 in 3 and seems to serve absolutely no good and very addictive.

Forum List

Back