Biden Officially Calls For A Review Of Federal Marijuana Scheduling On List Of Controlled Substances

Yes. Correct. But, then....

WRONG

Go look at the history and the guy who pushed for its ban. Sorry, race baiting piece of shit. YOU'RE WRONG!!!

Despite its medical usefulness, many Americans’ attitudes towards cannabis shifted at the turn of the century. This was at least partly motivated by Mexican immigration to the U.S. around the time of the 1910 Mexican Revolution, according to Eric Schlosser, author of Reefer Madness: Sex, Drugs, and Cheap Labor in the American Black Market.

“The prejudices and fears that greeted these peasant immigrants also extended to their traditional means of intoxication: smoking marijuana,” Schlosser wrote for The Atlantic in 1994. “Police officers in Texas claimed that marijuana incited violent crimes, aroused a ‘lust for blood,’ and gave its users ‘superhuman strength.’ Rumors spread that Mexicans were distributing this ‘killer weed’ to unsuspecting American schoolchildren.”

So there are a couple real ones here

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    12.2 KB · Views: 16
(By way of explanation, I'm a libertarian, so I'm not supposed to like government control over things they're not authorized to control. It's not a moral issue for me, it's a legal and political issue
I’m a Traditionalist Conservative Ideologue who has come to the realization that the average American citizen is nothing more than a sheep, unfit to have any say in its own existence as it cannot make proper decisions. I believe in a moderate sized government focused on the right issues at each level.

Straight from Biden yesterday, 10/6/2022...

"I am asking the Secretary of Health and Human Services and the Attorney General to initiate the administrative process to review expeditiously how marijuana is scheduled under federal law. Federal law currently classifies marijuana in Schedule I of the Controlled Substances Act, the classification meant for the most dangerous substances. This is the same schedule as for heroin and LSD, and even higher than the classification of fentanyl and methamphetamine – the drugs that are driving our overdose epidemic."

Here he is announcing it on official White House fancy edited video from today...

It's finally gotten serious.

Let's face it alcohol is far more a problem in our society and it's still legal.

Entirely.

I see you've moved the goalposts.

Comparison is irrelevant.

Pot is INCREDIBLY addictive and dangerous.

Pot Pimps - Biden et al - are human scum.
No it isn't

But of course you haven't posted any links to support your opinion have you?

Fallacious/irrelevant

Pot is INCREDIBLY dangerous and addictive.
It is one of the most benign recreational substances ever used by mankind and has little to no physical addiction properties like alcohol, nicotine and caffeine all do. It is not a gateway drug either.

Forum List

Back