Biden Handed Republicans A Shovel And They Just Can’t Stop Digging

skews13

Diamond Member
Mar 18, 2017
Since Tuesday’s State of the Union, President Joe Biden has had Republicans on the ropes over Social Security and Medicare, and he’s not backing down. After his resounding State of the Union victory, Biden took his win on the road to Florida and Wisconsin. Those happen to be the home states of the senators with the most radical proposals for killing off the programs.

Oddly, those senators—Rick Scott (FL) and Ron Johnson (WI)—decided to just keep digging. They lent a shovel to Sen. Mike Rounds (R-SD) over the weekend, who went on CNN Sunday to tell Jake Tapper that he looks at Social Security like defense spending, something that should be “managed” every year by Congress.

The only thing that’s going to get managed is the Presidents plan to expand the programs, and make those losers billionaire donors pay for it.

Since Tuesday’s State of the Union, President Joe Biden has had Republicans on the ropes over Social Security and Medicare, and he’s not backing down. After his resounding State of the Union victory, Biden took his win on the road to Florida and Wisconsin. Those happen to be the home states of the senators with the most radical proposals for killing off the programs.

Oddly, those senators—Rick Scott (FL) and Ron Johnson (WI)—decided to just keep digging. They lent a shovel to Sen. Mike Rounds (R-SD) over the weekend, who went on CNN Sunday to tell Jake Tapper that he looks at Social Security like defense spending, something that should be “managed” every year by Congress.

The only thing that’s going to get managed is the Presidents plan to expand the programs, and make those losers billionaire donors pay for it.
It is funny to watch Joe playing trump supporting Republicans like a fiddle. If the Republican minority that publicly support cutting Social Security, keep it up, they may be solely responsible for Re-Electing Joe, out of their own sheer stupidity on their losing issue.

It is funny to watch Joe playing trump supporting Republicans like a fiddle. If the Republican minority that publicly support cutting Social Security, keep it up, they may be solely responsible for Re-Electing Joe, out of their own sheer stupidity on their losing issue.
Nobody is proposing cutting or eliminating SS, you fucking liar.

And stealing populist rhetoric about jobs and the midddle class, when you really don't give a flying fuck about them, isn't playing anyone like a fiddle....It's the same plagiarizing that the senile old felon has always done.

Chicom Joe continues to lie. So how does that have Republicans on the ropes, Simp? :cuckoo:

LOL, talk about projecting.
Try convincing anyone almost 65 (or obviously older) that has paid in to Social Security since they were 16, that the benefits need to be cut, and you won't find many takers, but will find a lot that will think you are trying to cheat them out of what they paid for. It is the third rail, especially among older voters, a voting block, probably more likely to vote than other age demographic, as they were raised believing in voting and still do.

I am in Tennessee. State income tax is a similar third rail, down here. Just bringing the idea up will lose an election if running or get you voted out, if actually in office and suggesting it, and it appears to have a ripple affect to other candidates of the same party.

If you think it a good issue, Marty, go for it. Just one more stake in the heart of the Republican Party, already wounded by trumpism and tax breaks for the rich. So, keep it alive if you think best, but from watching politics for most of 69 years, I don't recommend it as a winning strategy. Just Sayin..

Link? I've only seen one politician rant about cutting SS and Medicare. Joe Biden. Those who disregard history are doomed to repeat it. Biden lies consistently for 48 years and is still reelected. Biden calls for freezing SS and medicare in 1995 speech, but accuses others, another lie. Biden plagiarizes others work and is not held accountable. That is why we are where we are today, fence sitter.

Nobody is proposing cutting or eliminating SS, you fucking liar.

And stealing populist rhetoric about jobs and the midddle class, when you really don't give a flying fuck about them, isn't playing anyone like a fiddle....It's the same plagiarizing that the senile old felon has always done.
Only the minority that would like to sunset all federal programs every 5 years to cut costs.

Try convincing anyone almost 65 (or obviously older) that has paid in to Social Security since they were 16, that the benefits need to be cut, and you won't find many takers, but will find a lot that will think you are trying to cheat them out of what they paid for. It is the third rail, especially among older voters, a voting block, probably more likely to vote than other age demographic, as they were raised believing in voting and still do.

I am in Tennessee. State income tax is a similar third rail, down here. Just bringing the idea up will lose an election if running or get you voted out, if actually in office and suggesting it, and it appears to have a ripple affect to other candidates of the same party.

If you think it a good issue, Marty, go for it. Just one more stake in the heart of the Republican Party, already wounded by trumpism and tax breaks for the rich. So, keep it alive if you think best, but from watching politics for most of 69 years, I don't recommend it as a winning strategy. Just Sayin..

And the Dem's solution to ignore it until it blows is much better right?

Or removing the contribution cap while keeping the benefit cap, thus changing the entire nature of it from a retirement plan to a tax and spend.

How about politicians the past 8 decades have to admit the money has been spent on the general fund via IOU's mislabeled as "securities"?

3996800fcb3a55f205a0674f5c2a43042242b257b5857fe6dba56d15b4e20251_1.webp

And the Dem's solution to ignore it until it blows is much better right?

Or removing the contribution cap while keeping the benefit cap, thus changing the entire nature of it from a retirement plan to a tax and spend.

How about politicians the past 8 decades have to admit the money has been spent on the general fund via IOU's mislabeled as "securities"?
If I give you money for my retirement or just part of my retirement since the age of 16 without fail to retirement of near retirement, don't tell me you spent it on something else, don't expect me to just say oh well, it was worth a shot at the time! You better just shut the fk up and find my gawddamned money, and I don't care where you get it, even if you have to tax the rich!:mad:

Translation: 'managed' in that when Republicans next control the WH and both Houses of Congress, eliminate Social Security and Medicare.
This whole stupid ploy has been used by the democrats in every election for the last 50 years. It was bullshit then and it is bullshit now. Watch Biden call for the demise of SS and medicare in his 1995 senate address. I've posted it numerous times since the SOTU. Hard to argue that he said it when it is coming out his mouth.

If I give you money for my retirement or just part of my retirement since the age of 16 without fail to retirement of near retirement, don't tell me you spent it on something else, don't expect me to just say oh well, it was worth a shot at the time! You better just shut the fk up and find my gawddamned money, and I don't care where you get it, even if you have to tax the rich!:mad:
No relevance. Cheap misdirection in a stump speech disguised as SOTU.

Forum List

Back