Biden wants to cut a submarine — and top Dems aren’t happy

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia

President (sorta) Joe Biden’s latest budget request draws a contrast with Republicans ahead of a November election rematch with Donald Trump. But a major proposal in Biden’s Pentagon request has his administration on the defensive with his fellow Democrats: a push to buy just one attack submarine.

Democrats from states that build Navy subs are already vowing to fight the Biden administration’s decision to break with tradition and halve purchases of the Virginia-class attack sub in Pentagon spending plans unveiled on Monday.

The annual submarine purchase is the marquee fault line in a $850 billion Pentagon budget request that cuts programs to meet caps on defense spending set by a debt limit deal struck last year. And a clash with the White House to restore sub purchases is already crossing party lines.

“To me, this is going in the opposite direction of where the Navy, Joe Biden and the Congress has been going consistently, towards recognizing we need a bigger fleet,” Rep. Joe Courtney, the top Democrat on the House Armed Services Seapower panel, said in an interview. The Connecticut lawmaker, who earned the nickname “Two-Sub Joe” for pushing to increase sub production, represents a district that includes the General Dynamics Electric Boat shipyard that builds attack subs.

LOL....Why would we need submarines? Everyone loves us and wishes us well....Right? :laughing0301:

I get it though, as white supremacy and climate change are our biggest threats we really don't need attack subs to combat those enemies who BTW are tearing at the very fabric of "mah democracy".

Hey, if the Navy promises to fill them up with trannies, illegals, and commies I bet he'd relent. ;)

Seaman-3013236.gif

President (sorta) Joe Biden’s latest budget request draws a contrast with Republicans ahead of a November election rematch with Donald Trump. But a major proposal in Biden’s Pentagon request has his administration on the defensive with his fellow Democrats: a push to buy just one attack submarine.

Democrats from states that build Navy subs are already vowing to fight the Biden administration’s decision to break with tradition and halve purchases of the Virginia-class attack sub in Pentagon spending plans unveiled on Monday.

The annual submarine purchase is the marquee fault line in a $850 billion Pentagon budget request that cuts programs to meet caps on defense spending set by a debt limit deal struck last year. And a clash with the White House to restore sub purchases is already crossing party lines.

“To me, this is going in the opposite direction of where the Navy, Joe Biden and the Congress has been going consistently, towards recognizing we need a bigger fleet,” Rep. Joe Courtney, the top Democrat on the House Armed Services Seapower panel, said in an interview. The Connecticut lawmaker, who earned the nickname “Two-Sub Joe” for pushing to increase sub production, represents a district that includes the General Dynamics Electric Boat shipyard that builds attack subs.

LOL....Why would we need submarines? Everyone loves us and wishes us well....Right? :laughing0301:

I get it though, as white supremacy and climate change are our biggest threats we really don't need attack subs to combat those enemies who BTW are tearing at the very fabric of "mah democracy".

Hey, if the Navy promises to fill them up with trannies, illegals, and commies I bet he'd relent. ;)
It was your team pushing for cuts.

Seaman-3013236.gif
Until I'm profiting equally, off of the MICs adventures, I won't care a white how much they slash their budget, and procurement. Wake me up when troop carriers are floating off the coast...

Forum List

Back