Biden: After Gun Control defeat in Senate, Obama preparing Executive Actions

Little-Acorn

Gold Member
Jun 20, 2006
San Diego, CA
Biden Pledges More Executive Action On Guns "Later This Week"

WASHINGTON — Vice President Biden told White House allies in the gun control fight Thursday that President Obama will be announcing new executive actions on gun violence in the days after the Senate voted down a gun violence bill.

On a conference call with "stakeholders," Biden told gun control advocates that the fight is not over and that eventual action on gun control will come. Press were not invited to the conference call; a participant provided BuzzFeed with access.

"Look, I know you're going to say that I'm just being an optimist and I'm trying to put a good face on this. But, you know, I've been around here a long time and we've already done, because of you, some really good things," Biden said. "Number one, the president is already lining up some additional executive actions he's going to be taking later this week."

--------------------------------------

After word of Obama's coming "Executive Actions" leaked out, Biden hastily covered his tracks, declaring that the "Executive Actions" were merely continuations of the Executive Orders Obama had announced months ago.

WASHINGTON — Vice President Biden told White House allies in the gun control fight Thursday that President Obama will be announcing new executive actions on gun violence in the days after the Senate voted down a gun violence bill.

On a conference call with "stakeholders," Biden told gun control advocates that the fight is not over and that eventual action on gun control will come. Press were not invited to the conference call; a participant provided BuzzFeed with access.

"Look, I know you're going to say that I'm just being an optimist and I'm trying to put a good face on this. But, you know, I've been around here a long time and we've already done, because of you, some really good things," Biden said. "Number one, the president is already lining up some additional executive actions he's going to be taking later this week."

After word of Obama's coming "Executive Actions" leaked out, Biden hastily covered his tracks, declaring that the "Executive Actions" were merely continuations of the Executive Orders Obama had announced months ago.

Why do we even bother having a congress if they are irrelevant?

Why do we even bother having a congress if they are irrelevant?

true, it seems we now live under a self appointed monarchy.

president-obama-and-biden.jpg

I have to admit, the Dictator's hissyfit was pretty entertaining. Dictators cant handle not getting their way. I expect many Executive Orders to come. But they're meaningless. States can do what they want. Executive Orders are not Laws. So let him throw his temper tantrums. Who cares.

Obama would be king if he'd stayed in Kenya where he belongs.

The rule of the Senate which requires 60 votes for some items to pass and a simple majority for others were agreed to by both parties, knowing fully well that from time to time it may work for you sometimes and it may come back to bite you in the ass some other time.

It had no chance given the 2 senator per state and small pop state reality. But of course, that's the dems plan. There will be gop primary presidential debates in places like iowa and SC, and the winner will have to oppose background checks

One way to understand these divergent trends is to examine the Senate vote on the critical amendment to offer background checks through the prism of the Electoral College. The amendment drew unified support from both senators in 21 states representing 261 Electoral College votes. By contrast, both senators opposed the amendment in 17 states representing just 146 Electoral College votes. Senators from the remaining 12 states, with a combined 128 Electoral College votes, split their vote on the amendment. (The remaining three Electoral College votes belong to the District of Columbia, which of course does not vote in the Senate.)

The contrast between the tight balance in the total number of states that unified for and against the amendment, and the broad imbalance in their Electoral College strength, underscores how the Senate’s structure magnifies the influence of smaller states, most of them rural, preponderantly white, and culturally conservative.

Why the Senate Vote May Signal 2016 Problems for the Gun Lobby - NationalJournal.com

The rule of the Senate which requires 60 votes for some items to pass and a simple majority for others were agreed to by both parties, knowing fully well that from time to time it may work for you sometimes and it may come back to bite you in the ass some other time.

Before this administration was less than a 60 vote plateau ever used for anything other than budgetary reasons? My memory ain't what it used to be but I can't think of any off hand.

When a man like Obama takes such a stinging blow to their vanity, they tend to react rashly. I find it entertaining. If he does use his EO pen, we will see what our reps are made of. My bet is that they do nothing at all but whine.

Forum List

Back