Biden admin to ban menthol cigs and blunts. What could go wrong?

Of course, this threat has been around the whole smoking dust-up for more than a decade. But there was never an Admin stupid enough to piss off their OWN CONSTITUENTS and faithful --- UNTIL NOW...:dev3:

He knows 90% of them will still vote Democrat in the next election. That’s why he’s not afraid to broach the subject.

Yes we have problems. But I have been smoking KOOLs since I was 6 years old.
We have the solution. We are going to roll our own and put chopped fiberglass into the mix.

Here is PROOF that Democrats are racists

I don't know much about menthol, but I imagine it can't be too hard to get your hands on. You simply buy menthol and put it in tobacco before you roll it.

This story is not very widely reported. I wonder how much it would be reported if the FDA did the same thing under Trump.

Says the guy who doesn't understand waht blunts are used for?

Menthol and cannabis/ What? What do you think a blunt is? It's not a cigar, a blunt in 2021 is something you intended to gut of all tobacco. Or may just come as a wrap.

No1 is using menthol blunts. Most "blunts" don't have a menthol flavor that you'll find in a gas station. Because they don't sell

Dumbass

Maybe next time you comment on blunts you should recognize your own ignorance on the subject. Hahaha

98%+ go with a plain or fruit flavor blunt

So who do they get rid of blunts? They get rid of flavored mini-cigars.

Says the guy who doesn't understand waht blunts are used for?

Menthol and cannabis/ What? What do you think a blunt is? It's not a cigar, a blunt in 2021 is something you intended to gut of all tobacco. Or may just come as a wrap.

No1 is using menthol blunts. Most "blunts" don't have a menthol flavor that you'll find in a gas station. Because they don't sell

Dumbass

Maybe next time you comment on blunts you should recognize your own ignorance on the subject. Hahaha

98%+ go with a plain or fruit flavor blunt

So who do they get rid of blunts? They get rid of flavored mini-cigars.

The only cigars black america seems to smoke plain at any number are black and milds from JR cigars.

Non menthol. They're "pipe tobacco" cigars.

So beyond banning plain or fruit flavored cigars I don't think they'll care. Menthol cigars are not popular in any context I'm aware of. So no one should care.

Relative to menthol cigarettes they aren't worth legislating at all. Menthol cigarettes are a huge % of what is sold, especially in black communities

My friend smokes a pack of cigarettes every day - 25 cigarettes. I have a PAX vaporizer, and a bong, both of which reduce the tar going into my lungs, and I vape less than I joint per day. I ounce of pot lasts me 5 weeks.

Also, studies show that smoking weed, helps defend your body against some types of cancer, and reduces deaths from heart attacks. There are absolutely no health benefits from smoking cigarettes, and endless lists of health benefits from smoking weed.

Now that weed has been legalized, the pink kush I used to pay $80 a quarter for from a street dealer, is available at local weed store for $130 per ounce. Quality is certified as is THC and CBD content, which is noted on the package. I can buy a pre-rolled blunt, flower, shatter, or edibles.

I have a selection of about 30 different strains of flower. I'd love to try to D. Bubba @ 28% THC, but at $50 a half-quarter, I don't think so. But I might buy a pre-rolled blunt for $15 for my birthday next month.

Pot is not harmless. I had a next door neighbor that smoked pot more than cigarettes and got lung cancer. In an effort to save her life, she stopped smoking cigarettes but had a hard time giving up pot. She finally gave it up. When it was realized there was no hope for her, she started smoking pot again and died as happy as she could.

Before that I was listening to my police scanner one night and heard police being dispatched to my property. I went outside to see WTF was going on. One of my tenants just moved here from New York, and some of his friends from NY came here for a party. One of them never smoked pot before and tried it out. He got very ill and had to be hauled out of here on a stretcher.

The only cigars black america seems to smoke plain at any number are black and milds from JR cigars.

So beyond banning plain or fruit flavored cigars I don't think they'll care. Menthol cigars are not popular in any context I'm aware of.

Relative to menthol cigarettes they aren't worth legislating at all. Menthol cigarettes are a huge % of what is sold, especially in black communities

I think if they took the Black and Mild's off the market, we are in for another nationwide riot.

My friend smokes a pack of cigarettes every day - 25 cigarettes. I have a PAX vaporizer, and a bong, both of which reduce the tar going into my lungs, and I vape less than I joint per day. I ounce of pot lasts me 5 weeks.

Also, studies show that smoking weed, helps defend your body against some types of cancer, and reduces deaths from heart attacks. There are absolutely no health benefits from smoking cigarettes, and endless lists of health benefits from smoking weed.

Now that weed has been legalized, the pink kush I used to pay $80 a quarter for from a street dealer, is available at local weed store for $130 per ounce. Quality is certified as is THC and CBD content, which is noted on the package. I can buy a pre-rolled blunt, flower, shatter, or edibles.

I have a selection of about 30 different strains of flower. I'd love to try to D. Bubba @ 28% THC, but at $50 a half-quarter, I don't think so. But I might buy a pre-rolled blunt for $15 for my birthday next month.

Pot is not harmless. I had a next door neighbor that smoked pot more than cigarettes and got lung cancer. In an effort to save her life, she stopped smoking cigarettes but had a hard time giving up pot. She finally gave it up. When it was realized there was no hope for her, she started smoking pot again and died as happy as she could.

Before that I was listening to my police scanner one night and heard police being dispatched to my property. I went outside to see WTF was going on. One of my tenants just moved here from New York, and some of his friends from NY came here for a party. One of them never smoked pot before and tried it out. He got very ill and had to be hauled out of here on a stretcher.

THe likelyhood of her tobacco being better for her in any way than the cannabis is almost negligible. If compared by per gram smoked basis.

And the likehood of her smoking more cannabis than tobacco in her life would be negligible too. The cost difference is just so high one is legal.

And as to your friend going out on a stretcher, there has never been a recorded instance of OD from cannabis in the history of man. We have done it to mice. It requires injecting them with a significant % of their body weight in THC. Which would cost you the price of a car at street prices. And you'd no doubt pass out before you managed to OD even if you made a serious effort at it. Wasn't even possible to OD a mouse until we learned to concentrate it at extremely high levels.

Relative to alcohol it is an exponentially safer "drug"

So beyond banning plain or fruit flavored cigars I don't think they'll care. Menthol cigars are not popular in any context I'm aware of.

I think if they took the Black and Mild's off the market, we are in for another nationwide riot.

lol some gas station attendants would get hurt no doubt

Largely because menthol cigs are racist. Over 80% of black smokers choose menthol cigs and other POC hold a 2 to 1 preference over whites.

So -- just when we we're finally "decriminalizing" maryjawanna and removing that black market from the hoods, we're gonna criminalize the sale of racist menthol cigs? Makes sense. Why don't we criminalize Malt liquor and fried chicken while we're at it?? WAS THAT RACIST? Apparently not, because if the FDA can call out menthol cigs as racist, I should be allowed to point out how "racist" Malt Liquor and Fried Chicken are killing POColor...

Both the ACLU and many predominantly black orgs -- including many in the CBlackCaucus opposed this.. Because black markets will disproportionally create biased enforcement against POC. Do we really want to see what happens when 250,000 black smokers toss the world's biggest synchronized nicotine fit? What exactly is the Nanny State goal here? To piss off a huge portion of their remaining loyal black voters???

I'm gonna enjoy watching the backlash and the burn. MAYBE -- folks will realize that worshipping the nanny staters is a path for reduction of Civil Liberties. And without the larger set of Civil Liberties, there can be no Civil RIghts..

Menthols are the overwhelming cigarette of choice for Black smokers, and Black people in the U.S. die at higher rates than other groups from smoking-related diseases such as cancer, heart disease and stroke.

In the U.S., 84% of Black smokers and 47% of Hispanic smokers use menthols, compared with 30% of white smokers, according to the National Survey on Drug Use and Health data.

The FDA Thursday pointed to a study suggesting that banning menthol cigarettes in the U.S. would prompt an additional 923,000 smokers to quit, including 230,000 African Americans in the first 13 to 17 months after a ban goes into effect.

Of course, this threat has been around the whole smoking dust-up for more than a decade. But there was never an Admin stupid enough to piss off their OWN CONSTITUENTS and faithful --- UNTIL NOW...:dev3:
is malt liquor next?

He knows 90% of them will still vote Democrat in the next election. That’s why he’s not afraid to broach the subject.
that should tell everyone something. In my opinion, I feel the blacks are under a direct threat from dems.

THe likelyhood of her tobacco being better for her in any way than the cannabis is almost negligible. If compared by per gram smoked basis.

And the likehood of her smoking more cannabis than tobacco in her life would be negligible too. The cost difference is just so high one is legal.

And as to your friend going out on a stretcher, there has never been a recorded instance of OD from cannabis in the history of man. We have done it to mice. It requires injecting them with a significant % of their body weight in THC. Which would cost you the price of a car at street prices. And you'd no doubt pass out before you managed to OD even if you made a serious effort at it. Wasn't even possible to OD a mouse until we learned to concentrate it at extremely high levels.

He didn't OD, but the ER reported he had an allergy to pot which is not as rare as you think.

Years ago I had a best friend who smoked pot daily. As time went on he became so paranoid he imagined people saying things they never said or seeing them someplace they were never at. He thought people were always plotting against him in some way or form. He eliminated his friends one at a time. The guy changed his phone number every two or three months. I felt the need to intervene, and I told him he needed professional help. Then that was the end of our friendship too.

I told him I would go to the shrink with him, but his main reason for not at least talking with somebody was his fear they would insist he give up the pot. While the pot was not responsible for his condition, without a doubt it made it much, much worse. I don't buy the BS that people don't get addicted to the stuff. I seen it first hand on several occasions.

Since when does a President have the power to ban a legal product unilaterally?

He didn't OD, but the ER reported he had an allergy to pot which is not as rare as you think.

Years ago I had a best friend who smoked pot daily. As time went on he became so paranoid he imagined people saying things they never said or seeing them someplace they were never at. He thought people were always plotting against him in some way or form. He eliminated his friends one at a time. The guy changed his phone number every two or three months. I felt the need to intervene, and I told him he needed professional help. Then that was the end of our friendship too.

I told him I would go to the shrink with him, but his main reason for not at least talking with somebody was his fear they would insist he give up the pot. While the pot was not responsible for his condition, without a doubt it made it much, much worse. I don't buy the BS that people don't get addicted to the stuff. I seen it first hand on several occasions.

Well I have met people who sneeze when exposed to dry cannabis so it's not that crazy to think some one had a more severe allergic reaction. And it's technically a hallucinogen so depending on your mental state you can work yourself up into a stress reaction. Then have a heart attack or something.

But it can't kill you alone. Or even really hurt you by itself

I would 99% bet that guy just didn't have teh mental fortitude to deal with a mind altering substance. Poor guy probably had never experienced anything like that in his life....If he has some sort of underlying mental illness like is a schizo it'll come out. If he smoked 2x a week for the rest of his life he'd get over all those issues even if he was crazy.

Hives are not a reason to call an ambulance

Well I have met people who sneeze when exposed to dry cannabis so it's not that crazy to think some one had a more severe allergic reaction. And it's technically a hallucinogen so depending on your mental state you can work yourself up into a stress reaction. Then have a heart attack or something.

But it can't kill you alone. Or even really hurt you by itself

I would 99% bet that guy just didn't have teh mental fortitude to deal with a mind altering substance. Poor guy probably had never experienced anything like that in his life....If he has some sort of underlying mental illness like is a schizo it'll come out. If he smoked 2x a week for the rest of his life he'd get over all those issues even if he was crazy.

Hives are not a reason to call an ambulance

From what I understand they had to do an IV to clear out the THC and then give him some medication to get him back on his feet. He did need immediate medical help although I'm sure in no danger of death.

I know when I smoked pot many years ago it did make me paranoid. While I did enjoy other sensations it gave me, I was just too uncomfortable smoking it. When I became a truck driver I had to give it up anyway as drivers are randomly drug tested. I never missed it.

I'm retired now and can smoke all the pot I want, but have no desire.

Do we really want to see what happens when 250,000 black smokers toss the world's biggest synchronized nicotine fit?

Is it wrong to say yes ?

The videos will be epic

Oh absolutely.,.. Invest in Orville Redenbacher. Because this "nic fit" is gonna be epic...
57si6w.jpg

Forum List

Back