Biden admin to ban menthol cigs and blunts. What could go wrong?

And blunts? Can you even BUY blunts in white neighborhoods? Dunno... Went thru this same argument when the FDA thought vaping was crippling kids in droves. Turns out, it wasn't the flavors.. It was black market MARIJUANA oils that caused the alarm..

Govt is always 4 steps behind in nannying...

Blunts are nothing more than flavored mini-cigars. Consumers take some of the tobacco out of them and stuff it with pot. They can smoke them almost anywhere and nobody would know the better because the flavored tobacco covers the marijuana smell. I've see black people on break at work smoking those things.

The most popular brand here is Black and Mild cigars. Blacks buy them almost every time I'm at the beverage store.

Kam Harris says they dont have time to consider legalizing her favorite drug -- marijuana.. But SOMEHOW -- they have time for this..

Like the Rudy search warrants, they will claim to know nothing about it.

This topic brings up a bigger issue in my mind, and that is bureaucratic power. Our founders created a government system where citizens could redress laws made against them by the representatives they elect. Somehow, they were able to transfer that power (unconstitutionally in my opinion) to bureaucrats. When politicians want to make a move against the people against their will, just have a bureaucracy do it for them and that way they take no blame.

That's exactly the situation here. Just posted this a minute ago.. Biden is a shill for growing the bureaucracy in power and size.. He aint the leader of this band,, Was chosen as a figure head they could roll over..

Whats better than muscular bureaucracy in league with media, woke corporations and the techno-facists? You think they're looting the treasury NOW.. Wait until corporate/govt collusion goes MAINSTREAM...

Instead of people DEMANDING that the power available for sale be scaled back.. THey're poking at the edges right now.. But if the people SUPPORT this -- it's gonna go nuclear.

And my experience was on campus and elsewhere that folks that wanted to bum a cig -- looked at me as crazy when I whipped out my menthols..
I've smoked since I was 15. I learned quickly about bumming after I bummed a Picayune from one of my dad's friends.

1619757266267.png

The pack says "Extra Mild", but they were definitely among the harshest cigarettes known to man. You can't get them today, but back then they were popular with only the bravest of smokers. I started carrying two packs of cigarettes...a pack of my Kents and a pack of Picayune. When a bummer asked me for a cigarette, I gave him a Picayune. I never had a repeat "customer".

Largely because menthol cigs are racist. Over 80% of black smokers choose menthol cigs and other POC hold a 2 to 1 preference over whites.

So -- just when we we're finally "decriminalizing" maryjawanna and removing that black market from the hoods, we're gonna criminalize the sale of racist menthol cigs? Makes sense. Why don't we criminalize Malt liquor and fried chicken while we're at it?? WAS THAT RACIST? Apparently not, because if the FDA can call out menthol cigs as racist, I should be allowed to point out how "racist" Malt Liquor and Fried Chicken are killing POColor...

Both the ACLU and many predominantly black orgs -- including many in the CBlackCaucus opposed this.. Because black markets will disproportionally create biased enforcement against POC. Do we really want to see what happens when 250,000 black smokers toss the world's biggest synchronized nicotine fit? What exactly is the Nanny State goal here? To piss off a huge portion of their remaining loyal black voters???

I'm gonna enjoy watching the backlash and the burn. MAYBE -- folks will realize that worshipping the nanny staters is a path for reduction of Civil Liberties. And without the larger set of Civil Liberties, there can be no Civil RIghts..

Menthols are the overwhelming cigarette of choice for Black smokers, and Black people in the U.S. die at higher rates than other groups from smoking-related diseases such as cancer, heart disease and stroke.

In the U.S., 84% of Black smokers and 47% of Hispanic smokers use menthols, compared with 30% of white smokers, according to the National Survey on Drug Use and Health data.

The FDA Thursday pointed to a study suggesting that banning menthol cigarettes in the U.S. would prompt an additional 923,000 smokers to quit, including 230,000 African Americans in the first 13 to 17 months after a ban goes into effect.

Of course, this threat has been around the whole smoking dust-up for more than a decade. But there was never an Admin stupid enough to piss off their OWN CONSTITUENTS and faithful --- UNTIL NOW...:dev3:
I smoke menthol. Fuck Biden, I'll haul my black ass to the next protest/riot....oh wait....

If you are under 18 or not white you can't buy menthol cigarettes
Been smokin menthols for 40 years.

Biden will decide what's best for you from now on

Largely because menthol cigs are racist. Over 80% of black smokers choose menthol cigs and other POC hold a 2 to 1 preference over whites.

So -- just when we we're finally "decriminalizing" maryjawanna and removing that black market from the hoods, we're gonna criminalize the sale of racist menthol cigs? Makes sense. Why don't we criminalize Malt liquor and fried chicken while we're at it?? WAS THAT RACIST? Apparently not, because if the FDA can call out menthol cigs as racist, I should be allowed to point out how "racist" Malt Liquor and Fried Chicken are killing POColor...

Both the ACLU and many predominantly black orgs -- including many in the CBlackCaucus opposed this.. Because black markets will disproportionally create biased enforcement against POC. Do we really want to see what happens when 250,000 black smokers toss the world's biggest synchronized nicotine fit? What exactly is the Nanny State goal here? To piss off a huge portion of their remaining loyal black voters???

I'm gonna enjoy watching the backlash and the burn. MAYBE -- folks will realize that worshipping the nanny staters is a path for reduction of Civil Liberties. And without the larger set of Civil Liberties, there can be no Civil RIghts..

Menthols are the overwhelming cigarette of choice for Black smokers, and Black people in the U.S. die at higher rates than other groups from smoking-related diseases such as cancer, heart disease and stroke.

In the U.S., 84% of Black smokers and 47% of Hispanic smokers use menthols, compared with 30% of white smokers, according to the National Survey on Drug Use and Health data.

The FDA Thursday pointed to a study suggesting that banning menthol cigarettes in the U.S. would prompt an additional 923,000 smokers to quit, including 230,000 African Americans in the first 13 to 17 months after a ban goes into effect.

Of course, this threat has been around the whole smoking dust-up for more than a decade. But there was never an Admin stupid enough to piss off their OWN CONSTITUENTS and faithful --- UNTIL NOW...:dev3:
I smoke menthol. Fuck Biden, I'll haul my black ass to the next protest/riot....oh wait....

I imagine this will do wonders for race relations..
They are color blind but not in the sense you think.
They feel above the fray and invincible.
We have spent years trying to get pot legal but outlaw cigs. What fucking sense does that make???

One of them causes lung cancer, heart disease and kills people, and the other one helps you survive cancer and heart attacks. One of them should be illegal, and the other one shouldn't.

and the shit stain, brain dead demonRATS are jumping for joy, because the demonRATS are taking your rights away----1 by 1....you retards are really fucking stupid, and blind....but hey....TRUMP ...bad man
grow up shit stains and recognize what is actually happening to AMERICA

Hey you black people. You don't have the sense to make good judgements on your own. That's what Big Brother is for.
Don't black people have enough problems with the law without creating policy that will only make things worse?

Yes we have problems. But I have been smoking KOOLs since I was 6 years old.
We have the solution. We are going to roll our own and put chopped fiberglass into the mix.

Here is PROOF that Democrats are racists

Hey you black people. You don't have the sense to make good judgements on your own. That's what Big Brother is for.
Don't black people have enough problems with the law without creating policy that will only make things worse?

Yes we have problems. But I have been smoking KOOLs since I was 6 years old.
We have the solution. We are going to roll our own and put chopped fiberglass into the mix.

Here is PROOF that Democrats are racists

Unless you chew tobacco that is flavored then you be white.

Kam Harris says they dont have time to consider legalizing her favorite drug -- marijuana.. But SOMEHOW -- they have time for this..

Like the Rudy search warrants, they will claim to know nothing about it.

This topic brings up a bigger issue in my mind, and that is bureaucratic power. Our founders created a government system where citizens could redress laws made against them by the representatives they elect. Somehow, they were able to transfer that power (unconstitutionally in my opinion) to bureaucrats. When politicians want to make a move against the people against their will, just have a bureaucracy do it for them and that way they take no blame.

That's exactly the situation here. Just posted this a minute ago.. Biden is a shill for growing the bureaucracy in power and size.. He aint the leader of this band,, Was chosen as a figure head they could roll over..

Whats better than muscular bureaucracy in league with media, woke corporations and the techno-facists? You think they're looting the treasury NOW.. Wait until corporate/govt collusion goes MAINSTREAM...

Instead of people DEMANDING that the power available for sale be scaled back.. THey're poking at the edges right now.. But if the people SUPPORT this -- it's gonna go nuclear.
Do you support the Republicans tightening their grip on other subjects like abortion?

If you are under 18 or not white you can't buy menthol cigarettes
Been smokin menthols for 40 years.
You will have to dip them in Vapor-Rub to get that menthol flavah...

and the other one helps you survive cancer and heart attacks.

Yeah, your lungs know that the heavier unfiltered tar from weed is healthier than filtered tobacco.
It's magic!!!

My friend smokes a pack of cigarettes every day - 25 cigarettes. I have a PAX vaporizer, and a bong, both of which reduce the tar going into my lungs, and I vape less than I joint per day. I ounce of pot lasts me 5 weeks.

Also, studies show that smoking weed, helps defend your body against some types of cancer, and reduces deaths from heart attacks. There are absolutely no health benefits from smoking cigarettes, and endless lists of health benefits from smoking weed.

Now that weed has been legalized, the pink kush I used to pay $80 a quarter for from a street dealer, is available at local weed store for $130 per ounce. Quality is certified as is THC and CBD content, which is noted on the package. I can buy a pre-rolled blunt, flower, shatter, or edibles.

I have a selection of about 30 different strains of flower. I'd love to try to D. Bubba @ 28% THC, but at $50 a half-quarter, I don't think so. But I might buy a pre-rolled blunt for $15 for my birthday next month.

Menthol blunts? Who is doing that/

That should be banned

Relax Karen.. These people are NOT serious cigar aficionados.. LOL..

Says the guy who doesn't understand waht blunts are used for?

Menthol and cannabis/ What? What do you think a blunt is? It's not a cigar, a blunt in 2021 is something you intended to gut of all tobacco. Or may just come as a wrap.

No1 is using menthol blunts. Most "blunts" don't have a menthol flavor that you'll find in a gas station. Because they don't sell

Dumbass

Maybe next time you comment on blunts you should recognize your own ignorance on the subject. Hahaha

98%+ go with a plain or fruit flavor blunt

Forum List

Back