Biden admin to ban menthol cigs and blunts. What could go wrong?

Largely because menthol cigs are racist. Over 80% of black smokers choose menthol cigs and other POC hold a 2 to 1 preference over whites.

So -- just when we we're finally "decriminalizing" maryjawanna and removing that black market from the hoods, we're gonna criminalize the sale of racist menthol cigs? Makes sense. Why don't we criminalize Malt liquor and fried chicken while we're at it?? WAS THAT RACIST? Apparently not, because if the FDA can call out menthol cigs as racist, I should be allowed to point out how "racist" Malt Liquor and Fried Chicken are killing POColor...

Both the ACLU and many predominantly black orgs -- including many in the CBlackCaucus opposed this.. Because black markets will disproportionally create biased enforcement against POC. Do we really want to see what happens when 250,000 black smokers toss the world's biggest synchronized nicotine fit? What exactly is the Nanny State goal here? To piss off a huge portion of their remaining loyal black voters???

I'm gonna enjoy watching the backlash and the burn. MAYBE -- folks will realize that worshipping the nanny staters is a path for reduction of Civil Liberties. And without the larger set of Civil Liberties, there can be no Civil RIghts..

Menthols are the overwhelming cigarette of choice for Black smokers, and Black people in the U.S. die at higher rates than other groups from smoking-related diseases such as cancer, heart disease and stroke.

In the U.S., 84% of Black smokers and 47% of Hispanic smokers use menthols, compared with 30% of white smokers, according to the National Survey on Drug Use and Health data.

The FDA Thursday pointed to a study suggesting that banning menthol cigarettes in the U.S. would prompt an additional 923,000 smokers to quit, including 230,000 African Americans in the first 13 to 17 months after a ban goes into effect.

Of course, this threat has been around the whole smoking dust-up for more than a decade. But there was never an Admin stupid enough to piss off their OWN CONSTITUENTS and faithful --- UNTIL NOW...:dev3:

In a long-winded and laughably STUPID post, you decry banning deadly substances from public sale as the "nanny state gone berserk"????? Free-Dumb loving Republicans everywhere salute you.

Next you'll be suggesting opening street corner stalls for opioid sales so that people are free to make their own choices. Fuck regulations. FreeDumb for all!!!!

In a long-winded and laughably STUPID post, you decry banning deadly substances from public sale as the "nanny state gone berserk"????? Free-Dumb loving Republicans everywhere salute you.

Next you'll be suggesting opening street corner stalls for opioid sales so that people are free to make their own choices. Fuck regulations. FreeDumb for all!!!!
How about alcohol also while you're at it Carrie Nation...
download (23).jpeg

So basically "ok blacks you can't make good decisions so we're taking away your menthols, you aren't very smart so we're making schools set the bar lower for you, you can't get a job based on your own ambition and merits so we will make employers have to hire x amount of blacks, and basically you're sub human and all of your problems are because of whites".

Atleast that's what I see when I read this kind of stuff.

Why don't we just cut to the chase and get rid of blacks. That solves their problems and America's problems.

So basically "ok blacks you can't make good decisions so we're taking away your menthols, you aren't very smart so we're making schools set the bar lower for you, you can't get a job based on your own ambition and merits so we will make employers have to hire x amount of blacks, and basically you're sub human and all of your problems are because of whites".

Atleast that's what I see when I read this kind of stuff.

Why don't we just cut to the chase and get rid of blacks. That solves their problems and America's problems.
And it is the ultimate objective of demofks

There is no comparison between alcohol and cigarettes. There are no "social smokers". Those who smoke are addicted and damaging their health. Tobacco companies exist to addict a new generation of victims.
I was a social smoker. Never smoked without a beer. Ever.

I was a social smoker. Never smoked without a beer. Ever.

Did you have a beer without a smoke? I quit smoking once for 6 months, and yet the first time I walked into the pub, I sat down, ordered a beer, and reached for my smokes. It seemed wrong to have a beer without a smoke.

Children get addicted to the second hand smoke, and take up smoking as adults. Even when smoking has killed their parents, children will take up smoking. Partially because we repeat our parents' behaviours, but in part because of second hand smoke.
Naw!!

Did you have a beer without a smoke? I quit smoking once for 6 months, and yet the first time I walked into the pub, I sat down, ordered a beer, and reached for my smokes. It seemed wrong to have a beer without a smoke.
Nope, unless in a no smoking area.

I did smoke heavily in my 20s and 40s.. And my experience was on campus and elsewhere that folks that wanted to bum a cig -- looked at me as crazy when I whipped out my menthols.. About an 80% -- "I'd rather die of nicotine withdrawal than smoke one of those"... It's true...
True, people tend to not ask menthol smokers for a cigarette unless they are desperate. Saves the menthol smokers money.

True, people tend to not ask menthol smokers for a cigarette unless they are desperate. Saves the menthol smokers money.
I couldn’t stand menthol smokes. Blah. My first cigarette was at age 13.

BTW, the funny thing is that demofks still believe commercials was why kids smoked. Kids smoked to keep up with the kids who were considered cool who smoked, or parents. Still that way today and why even though no commercials exist, the amount of smokes is still extremely high. Fkers trying to control a narrative still.

Last edited:
It's because they hope fewer children will pick up smoking.

As I said to you in the OTHER older thread that just got bumped. This is unfounded bullshit. Another "for the children" excuse to NOT make a meaningful to ruin the revenue stream from TAXES state/local/federal that EXCEED the share of any profits that the tobacco industry gets.

Here's the empirical evidence.

Also how I hooked up with my 1st serious girlfriend. First KID I had ever known that ACCEPTED a menthol cig from me in 4 YEARS!!! Wonderful relationship ensued.

Forum List

Back