Biden stops ban on newports

There are numerous health benefits of smoking cannabis, and absolutely NONE in smoking cigarettes. The level of your ignorance on simple basic topics never ceases to astound me.
Your level of ignorance is astounding

Tobacco is a nueroprotectant and if you have servere IBS smoking a cig helps soothe it

There are numerous health benefits of smoking cannabis, and absolutely NONE in smoking cigarettes. The level of your ignorance on simple basic topics never ceases to astound me.
Smoking cannabis is not healthy.

Inhaling smoke into your lungs is never healthy under any circumstances whatsoever

I don't see where the FDA should even have the power to ban this. If Congress wants to outlaw newports, that's one thing. Let the Congress vote to ban them and get it on the record so the voters know.

But doing it through a regulatory board? Doesn't sound constitutional.
I’m guessing that Congress passed all that gave them the power to do that. That’s what Congress has been doing for decades.

We don’t have lawmakers in Congress anymore. We have people who give other people the power to make “laws.”

I’m guessing that Congress passed all that gave them the power to do that. That’s what Congress has been doing for decades.

We don’t have lawmakers in Congress anymore. We have people who give other people the power to make “laws.”
In addition, cigarettes are neither FOOD nor DRUGS, so what does the FDA have to do with it in the first place?

Your level of ignorance is astounding

Tobacco is a nueroprotectant and if you have servere IBS smoking a cig helps soothe it

Not according to the IBS website.

Cigarette smoking can also increase your risk of developing:
  • Heartburn – A painful, burning condition that occurs when the acid from the stomach backs up into the esophagus
  • Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) – Persistent condition in which the stomach acid backs up into the esophagus causing serious health problems such as bleeding ulcers, narrowing of the esophagus that causes food to get stuck, and cellular changes that can lead to cancer
  • Peptic ulcers – Open sores in the lining of the stomach
  • Crohn’s disease – An inflammatory disease that generally affects the small intestines causing pain and diarrhea; also may include severe symptoms of blockages and ulcers in the intestines
  • Liver disease – The liver filters harmful substances from the body, and some studies show that smoking changes the liver’s ability to process these substances
  • Colon polyps – Growths on the inside lining of the colon or rectum; some may become cancerous
  • Pancreatitis – Inflammation of the pancreas, which causes the digestive enzymes produced by the pancreas to attack the organ, rather than being secreted into the small intestine

"Nicotine results in an over-production of stomach acid and decreases the production of sodium bicarbonate, resulting in a significant worsening of certain IBS symptoms. Smoking can also increase the chances of developing peptic ulcers and the chance of ulcers perforating goes up by as much as 10 times."

So you'd rather take pills than smoke cannabis?

Cannabis > Big Pharma
I never said that

I’m all for legalization

But I get annoyed when people imply smoking pot is somehow all-natural and healthy

I’m a grown man. I like to occasionally drink whiskey and smoke cigars as is my right and the government has no place to ban adults from doing so

But I’m not stupid enough to pretend it’s healthy, like so many pot smokers do

So you'd rather take pills than smoke cannabis?

Cannabis > Big Pharma
Can't we do both? Granted it is the leafy matter smoke and the heat of the smoke that is really bad for you. So vaporize hashish which can also be eaten. Big farms not pharma are cornering the market. Just Grow yer own.

Is Obama not part of the populace. If the democrats are making all of these attacks on legal businesses and the public's right to choose what type of cigs they smoke, Obama smoking is a bit hypocritical, don't you think?
A) there’s a big difference between banning one very specific type of cigarette additive and banning all cigarettes. Specific additives/chemicals get banned all the time. Don’t overreact

B) Obama is not president or even in government, so what does the fact that he apparently was once/maybe still is an occasional smoker have to do with anything?

Forum List

Back