“Between 6,000 and 10,000 churches in the U.S. are dying each year”

Could be. If people stopped praying to an image of Jesus that isn't real, believing in a past that never existed and hoping for a future that will never come, maybe they will start dealing with reality?

More than likely they will find something else to believe in, something probably more vindictive.

Just look at modern progressives, they have placed religion with political theory.

More vindictive? Replaced religion with political theory? Like whoever said this?

" I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."

isn't that a good thing?

No, more like "Believe in AGW or you are an evil heretic and must be burned upon the stake via Twitter"

Ok, thats messed up. I'll give you that. But that doesn't change the fact that people really need to deal with reality in order to survive.

The writing is on the wall.

Do you really wan't to be that old geezer refusing to heed the warnings saying, "I ain't afraid of no volcano"?

A volcano is an obvious hazard, all that lava and ash.

And when you are asked to deal with a volcano, you are told to RUN AWAY, not to change how you live your life.

Plus the consequences of not running away are pretty obvious, and immediate.

The consequence of teaching children to regard rational thinking as the enemy of faith to the point where they can't see what is pretty obvious and immediate is obvious and immediate..

Last edited:
More than likely they will find something else to believe in, something probably more vindictive.

Just look at modern progressives, they have placed religion with political theory.

More vindictive? Replaced religion with political theory? Like whoever said this?

" I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."

isn't that a good thing?

No, more like "Believe in AGW or you are an evil heretic and must be burned upon the stake via Twitter"

Ok, thats messed up. I'll give you that. But that doesn't change the fact that people really need to deal with reality in order to survive.

Do you really wan't to be that old geezer refusing to heed the warnings saying, "I ain't afraid of no volcano"?

And when you are asked to deal with a volcano, you are told to RUN AWAY, not to change how you live your life.

The consequence of teaching children to regard rational thinking as the enemy of faith to the point where they can't see what is pretty obvious and immediate is obvious and immediate..

if you are talking about AGW, the consequences are vague and estimated.

lava flowing towards you is neither.

isn't that a good thing?

Pardon me...

Have you seen the vile and loathsome creature people of faith have put into the white house?

No?

There's your proof.

Damn.

Pardon me...

Have you seen the vile and loathsome creature people of faith have put into the white house?

No?

There's your proof.

Damn.

Ah you are a TDS sufferer.

That explains a lot.

Empty-Church-Public-Domain-768x512.jpg

Is this good or bad?

Today, nearly four in ten (39%) young adults (ages 18-29) are religiously unaffiliated
—three times the unaffiliated rate (13%) among seniors (ages 65 and older). While previous generations were also more likely to be religiously unaffiliated in their twenties, young adults today are nearly four times as likely as young adults a generation ago to identify as religiously unaffiliated. In 1986, for example, only 10% of young adults claimed no religious affiliation.

And it’s even worse in Europe where many empty churches are being converted to Muslim mosques.

At one time, churches provided a loci of social belonging as much as a religious base. Now, as many young people are losing the agenda of close, personal, face-to-face relatonships, such social gatherings no longer meet their personal goals.

What do you think?

More of this
@ "Between 6,000 and 10,000 churches in the U.S. are dying each year" - and that means that over 100 will die this week
Bound to happen as this age/season ends and that new thing is birthed into the hearts of humanity. It is a shame that so much beautiful architecture may be lost but that is how it goes as history has already shown us.

Pardon me...

No?

There's your proof.

Damn.

That explains a lot.

Yup and damn proud of it.

It is a very rare disorder being able to know a two bit, egocentric, delusional, and vulgar conman take advantage of and then stick it to the intellectually disabled people of faith when I see one doing it live on international TV...

Even if they still don't realize that they have been had.

Last edited:

Pardon me...

No?

There's your proof.

Damn.

That explains a lot.

It is a very rare disorder being able to know a two bit egocentric and delusional conman take advantage of and then stick it to the intellectually disabled people of faith when I see one...

Yes, because voting for Democrats that want them to hide in their closets for worship, and BAKE THAT FUCKING CAKE PEASANT makes much more sense.

Pardon me...

No?

There's your proof.

Damn.

That explains a lot.

It is a very rare disorder being able to know a two bit egocentric and delusional conman take advantage of and then stick it to the intellectually disabled people of faith when I see one...

Yes, because voting for Democrats that want them to hide in their closets for worship, and BAKE THAT FUCKING CAKE PEASANT makes much more sense.

No, its more like remove those delusional bastards from positions of authority and ban them from working with children and put them in loony bins where they belong so they can twiddle their thumbs and weave baskets till Jesus comes down from the sky to set them free.

Last edited:

Is this good or bad?

Today, nearly four in ten (39%) young adults (ages 18-29) are religiously unaffiliated
—three times the unaffiliated rate (13%) among seniors (ages 65 and older). While previous generations were also more likely to be religiously unaffiliated in their twenties, young adults today are nearly four times as likely as young adults a generation ago to identify as religiously unaffiliated. In 1986, for example, only 10% of young adults claimed no religious affiliation.

And it’s even worse in Europe where many empty churches are being converted to Muslim mosques.

At one time, churches provided a loci of social belonging as much as a religious base. Now, as many young people are losing the agenda of close, personal, face-to-face relatonships, such social gatherings no longer meet their personal goals.

What do you think?

More of this
@ "Between 6,000 and 10,000 churches in the U.S. are dying each year" - and that means that over 100 will die this week

If churches stayed out of politics they might find their membership recovering. There are more than a few million who find religious institutions' support for Democrats disturbing and hypocritical. Who the hell wants to go to church and be told that voting for a republican is sinful or supporting Trump is a wicked thing to do?

Pardon me...

No?

There's your proof.

Damn.

That explains a lot.

No, its more like remove those delusional bastards from positions of authority and ban them from working with children and put them in loony bins where they belong so they can twiddle their thumbs and weave baskets till Jesus comes down from the sky to set them free.

Wow, how fascist of you.

What a fucking surprise.

Here's a little hint, the purpose of a free society is to prevent people like YOU from imposing your will on others.

Fuck off, you atheist fascist twat.

Pardon me...

No?

There's your proof.

Damn.

That explains a lot.

Wow, how fascist of you.

What a fucking surprise.

Here's a little hint, the purpose of a free society is to prevent people like YOU from imposing your will on others.

Fascist? Don't be silly. People who by their own words openly express views of the world that are contradicted by reality are not worthy of the peoples trust and not qualified to occupy positions that require rational critical thinking. It's a matter of national security.

If thats what they say openly can you imagine the rest of the garbage floating around like turds in their heads?

I'm suggesting they get the psychiatric help they so desperately need given the intellectually challenged condition that they are in posing a real danger to themselves and others.

What do you suggest? same old same old? Pray for deliverance? Throw unbelievers in jail and maybe God will be pleased? Play a game of follow the idiot? Thats whats gotten the country into the mess its in in the first place.

No thanks.

Fuck off yourself.

That explains a lot.

Wow, how fascist of you.

What a fucking surprise.

Fascist? Don't be silly. People who by their own words openly express views of the world that are contradicted by reality are not worthy of the peoples trust and not qualified to occupy positions that require rational critical thinking. It's a matter of national security.

I'm suggesting they get the psychiatric help they so desperately need given the intellectually challenged condition that they are in posing a real danger to themselves and others.

What do you suggest? same old same old? Pray for deliverance? Throw unbelievers in jail? Maybe God will be pleased? Play a game of follow the idiot? Thats whats gotten the country into the mess its in in the first place. No thanks.

Fuck off yourself.

What an egocentric twat you are. Sorry, but what are proposing is totalitarian, a meritocracy gone evil.

You are proposing religious (well anti-religious) tests for government positions.

It's a short walk from that to camps for them.

People like you are controlling morons, unable to understand views other than your own.

Wow, how fascist of you.

What a fucking surprise.

What do you suggest? same old same old? Pray for deliverance? Throw unbelievers in jail? Maybe God will be pleased? Play a game of follow the idiot? Thats whats gotten the country into the mess its in in the first place. No thanks.

Fuck off yourself.

What an egocentric twat you are. Sorry, but what are proposing is totalitarian, a meritocracy gone evil.

You are proposing religious (well anti-religious) tests for government positions.

People like you are controlling morons, unable to understand views other than your own.

Noo, I am suggesting they pass a basic test for sanity at the very least.

If your beliefs trump facts, you are not mentally or emotionally fit to lead. It has nothing whatever to do with any religion or religious test.

Whats so terrible? You can always tap dance for nickels, start your own cult, or put together a minstrel show for fools. You could make millions!

Last edited:

Wow, how fascist of you.

What a fucking surprise.

Fuck off yourself.

If your beliefs trump facts, you are not mentally or emotionally fit to lead. It has nothing whatever to do with any religion or religious test.

Whats so terrible? You can always tap dance for nickels, or put together a minstrel show for fools.

Such a test could easily be manipulated to eliminate people you don't like politically from any say in how the country is run.

It's amazing how often progressive twats like you go back to the games of Jim Crow to eliminate your political opposition.

Freedom means being able to say not only 2+2=4, but 2+2=5, tyranny results from being forced to say either one.

Wow, how fascist of you.

What a fucking surprise.

Fuck off yourself.

Whats so terrible? You can always tap dance for nickels, or put together a minstrel show for fools.

Such a test could easily be manipulated to eliminate people you don't like politically from any say in how the country is run.

It's amazing how often progressive twats like you go back to the games of Jim Crow to eliminate your political opposition.

Freedom means being able to say not only 2+2=4, but 2+2=5, tyranny results from being forced to say either one.
No tyranny is being force to live in chaos perpetuated by people who can't add 1+1+1 and then blame everyone else for the carnage.

Wow, how fascist of you.

What a fucking surprise.

Fuck off yourself.

No tyranny is being force to live in chaos perpetuated by people who can't add 1+1+1 and then blame everyone else.

Freedom is messy.

You want authoritarianism based on your view on how the world should work.

It's the same desire of every petty dictator who ever lived.

It's also the current way of the progressive left. If you can't convince people your way is better, force them to live it.

Fuck off yourself.

No tyranny is being force to live in chaos perpetuated by people who can't add 1+1+1 and then blame everyone else.

Freedom is messy.

It's also the current way of the progressive left. If you can't convince people your way is better, force them to live it.

No, I'm suggesting that people should conform to the way reality actually works.

What good is putting someone in public office during peacetime or war if they really really really believe that at any moment God can fart angels out of the sky to fix things?

How is it even possible that that will not lead to disaster?

Is this good or bad?

What do you think?

More of this
Convert it to a Walmart. They will certainly come to that ------- Sunday morning too!

Freedom is messy.

No, I'm suggesting that people should conform to the way reality actually works.

What good is putting someone in public office during peacetime or war if they really really really believe that at any moment God can ____ angels out of the sky to fix things?

How is it even possible that that will not lead to disaster?
Well, let's see --- Chamberlain tried to establish peace in our time applying diplomacy. He was smart. I'm sure he felt he did his level best. He was highly educated and quite smart. And yet it was Churchill who got Britain through the war. And it is obvious to anyone with half a brain that Hitler could have gone right into England, if only he'd killed all the British solders at Dunkirk. Oh that was a miracle. And then the stupidity of Hitler to invade the USSR --- or another miracle. And then you have the Japanese attacking the US but they didn't invade Hawaii --- a big mistake or another miracle.

Look at Mrs. Clinton, a very educated, extremely smart cookie. And yet she was blindsided again and again. God is in control. If He wasn't, I can assure you history would have evolved differently.

Is this good or bad?

What do you think?

More of this
It can be good for the economy, as people put their worthless, fraudulent tithes to better uses, and as much of the premium land stained by behemoth, worthless churches becomes available.

Forum List

Back