Better to have a straight parent in jail than gay parents at home

Jesus. I can't believe I am in an argument with a person who believes homosexuality is either a disease or a choice.

Talk about narrow minded!

Classic fallacy of the excluded middle.

In the end, the argument comes to "God hates fags". We see that behind the "fag lobby" comment.

And once you get to God-hates-fags, there is nothing more you can do. The conversation is over.

IOW there is nothing you can say to refute what I've written.
You cannot because I am right and you are wrong. That's just it. You cannot deny reality.

Your argument would be worth a shit, except that it's wrong.
Unmarried heterosexuals have a much lower rate of promiscuity and disease than homosexuals.
No one has made the argument that AIDS is a valid reason. Frankly there doesnt need to be a reason. There needs to be a reason why gays should enjoy a right that straight people dont. And there isn't one.

You cannot deny a privilege to a class of people just because you don't like them.

If it isn't a conscious decision, then it must be a disease.

With this stunning statement, we are left with two choices. Either heterosexuality is a disease, or you actually had to sit down one day and decide not to be gay.
Gays are not a class of people. There is nothing distinguishing them from anyone else.

Uh. Hello? Their sexual orientation!

[Heterosexuality is clearly not a disease but the normal state of human beings. Homosexuality is clearly, and literally, a perversion of that state. Thus a disease.

Wow. Anything that is not normal is a disease, eh? And you are SURE about this?

Did you know that being a white person is not the normal state of human beings?

Jesus. I can't believe I am in an argument with a person who believes homosexuality is either a disease or a choice.

In the end, the argument comes to "God hates fags". We see that behind the "fag lobby" comment.

And once you get to God-hates-fags, there is nothing more you can do. The conversation is over.

God hates fags?

WTF??????????????

IOW there is nothing you can say to refute what I've written.
You cannot because I am right and you are wrong. That's just it. You cannot deny reality.

You have not proven anything, therefore there is nothing to refute. There is only the pointing out of the lack of evidence for any of your claims and the logical fallacies you use to support them.

This is easy sport.

Letting children be raised by homosexuals is the worst form of child abuse that a kid could be subject to.

There is no way that they will ever be normal or mentally well adjusted when they become adults.

And basically will be ruined for life. :evil:

I would say the same thing about indoctrinating a child into religion. :)
The biggest difference is the final outcome of the child when they grow up.

If they join a religion; most likely it will be a positive influence on themselves and their family.

But if they decide to embrace the homosexual lifestyle.

Then they can only look forward to having a future of perversion and self degradation. That in many instances leads to drug use, deadly diseases, mental illness, and ultimately suicide.

Letting children be raised by homosexuals is the worst form of child abuse that a kid could be subject to.

There is no way that they will ever be normal or mentally well adjusted when they become adults.

And basically will be ruined for life. :evil:

I would say the same thing about indoctrinating a child into religion. :)
The biggest difference is the final outcome of the child when they grow up.

If they join a religion; most likely it will be a positive influence on themselves and their family.

But if they decide to embrace the homosexual lifestyle.

Then they can only look forward to having a future of perversion and self degradation. That in many instances leads to drug use, deadly diseases, mental illness, and ultimately suicide.

Who the hell is feeding you this propaganda? I seriously want to know where this is coming from.

Who the hell is feeding you this propaganda? I seriously want to know where this is coming from.
This is not any type of propaganda or hidden agenda but just plain ole common sense.

And before you rush to a quick judgement as to my background.

I have a Masters in Psychology.

But do not teach or practice in my field because of all of the PC nonsense that has take over the discipline.

"Marriage is not a right," Santorum said.
HE's right, of course. Marriage is not a right. If it were, there would be no marriage licenses.

Santorom is wrong, marriage is given to MAN & WOMAN by GOD, not society.

You’re all wrong, including Santorum:

More recent decisions have established that the right to marry is part of the fundamental "right of privacy" implicit in the Fourteenth Amendment's Due Process Clause.

FindLaw | Cases and Codes
Do you have evidence children raised by gays come out all fucked up because they were raised by gays?

No. Neither did the supporters of Prop 8.

Then why can't you marry your sister or your daughter or your goat?

We exclude brothers from marrying sisters. We exclude married men from marrying single women. In both cases it has nothng to do with liking or disliking people.

The above prohibitions are Constitutional because they’re applied to all equally, unlike laws banning same-sex marriage that single-out a particular class of persons, which is illegal.

Santorum obviously has strong religious beliefs and right wing convictions. if you don't like him, don't vote for him. So what?

Presidents take an oath to ‘preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States,’ by declaring marriage ‘not a right,’ Santorum violates the Constitution, and consequently his oath.

Gays are not a class of people.

At least you’re consistent at being wrong:

Yet Amendment 2, in explicit terms, does more than repeal or rescind these provisions. It prohibits all legislative, executive or judicial action at any level of state or local government designed to protect the named class, a class we shall refer to as homosexual persons or gays and lesbians.

Romer, Governor of Colorado, et al. v. Evans et al., 517 U.S. 620 (1996).

You cannot deny a privilege to a class of people just because you don't like them.

With this stunning statement, we are left with two choices. Either heterosexuality is a disease, or you actually had to sit down one day and decide not to be gay.
Gays are not a class of people. There is nothing distinguishing them from anyone else.

Uh. Hello? Their sexual orientation!

[Heterosexuality is clearly not a disease but the normal state of human beings. Homosexuality is clearly, and literally, a perversion of that state. Thus a disease.

Wow. Anything that is not normal is a disease, eh? And you are SURE about this?

Did you know that being a white person is not the normal state of human beings?

Anything that predisposes someone to illness is a disease. Yes.
There are more non-white people than white people. But neither being white nor non-white predisposes someone to illness the way homosexuality does. There is nothing abnormal about skin color, except in rare cases. There is something grossly abnormal about homosexuality.

"Marriage is not a right," Santorum said.
HE's right, of course. Marriage is not a right. If it were, there would be no marriage licenses.

You’re all wrong, including Santorum:

No. Neither did the supporters of Prop 8.

The above prohibitions are Constitutional because they’re applied to all equally, unlike laws banning same-sex marriage that single-out a particular class of persons, which is illegal.

Presidents take an oath to ‘preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States,’ by declaring marriage ‘not a right,’ Santorum violates the Constitution, and consequently his oath.

Gays are not a class of people.

At least you’re consistent at being wrong:

Yet Amendment 2, in explicit terms, does more than repeal or rescind these provisions. It prohibits all legislative, executive or judicial action at any level of state or local government designed to protect the named class, a class we shall refer to as homosexual persons or gays and lesbians.

Romer, Governor of Colorado, et al. v. Evans et al., 517 U.S. 620 (1996).
Gee, courts get it wrong all the time. Merely quoting one opinion doesn't prove anything.
Gays cannot be a class of people.

Siblings are a particular class of person. More so than gays, as being a sibling is impossible to change. You have just shown that your entire argument is wrong. No help from me needed.

This is not any type of propaganda or hidden agenda but just plain ole common sense.

But do not teach or practice in my field because of all of the PC nonsense that has take over the discipline.

Facts =/= PC Nonsense.

Facts =/= PC Nonsense.
I only wish it was that straight forward and simple.

During the 70's the homosexual agenda started taking over the Psychology departments at most universities.

Any professor who published or wrote a paper that was contrary to the this prevailing view was either fired or lost tenure.

Soon all objective scientific studies were censored if they didn't pass the PC/homo agenda.

Now the only papers and studies that ever see the light of day at any major universities are those which can be used to further the radical homosexual agenda.

Facts =/= PC Nonsense.
I only wish it was that straight forward and simple.

During the 70's the homosexual agenda started taking over the Psychology departments at most universities.

Any professor who published or wrote a paper that was contrary to the this prevailing view was either fired or lost tenure.

Soon all objective scientific studies were censored if they didn't pass the PC/homo agenda.

Now the only papers and studies that ever see the light of day at any major universities are those which can be used to further the radical homosexual agenda.

As a psychologist with a master degree, you should also know this phrase quite QUITE well.

cum hoc ergo propter hoc

Never used it in any clinical practice; but it does make one sound erudite and scholarly.

Look, I was there in the trenches and saw exactly what was taking place first hand.

Basically, academia lost out to a political motivated agenda.

Now our society has to pay the long term price for it.

Worst of all; people who really need psychological help are now told that they are mentally healthy.

And are being enabled by the very profession who should be treating and trying to cure them.

Never used it in any clinical practice; but it does make one sound erudite and scholarly.

Look, I was there in the trenches and saw exactly what was taking place first hand.

Basically, academia lost out to a political motivated agenda.

Now our society has to pay the long term price for it.

Worst of all; people who really need psychological help are now told that they are mentally healthy.

And are being enabled by the very profession who should be treating and trying to cure them.

"Correlation does not provide causation"

Or the False Cause fallacy.

A occurs in correlation with B.
Therefore, A causes B.

In other words, being mentally ill occurs more in homosexual individuals, so being mentally ill causes it, or homosexuality denotes mental illness.

Go ahead and provide evidence that it is the causation.

Therefore, A causes B.

In other words, being mentally ill occurs more in homosexual individuals, so being mentally ill causes it, or homosexuality denotes mental illness.

:lol: I didn't need you to explain it to me.

I am not going to do your homework for you.

But yes, there is a higher incidence of mental illness in the homosexual community than the national average.

Of course, the gays will say it's because of social prejudice and negative stereotypes. :doubt:

Therefore, A causes B.

:lol: I didn't need you to explain it to me.

I am not going to do your homework for you.

But yes, there is a higher incidence of mental illness in the homosexual community than the national average.

Of course, the gays will say it's because of social prejudice and negative stereotypes. :doubt:

If you aren't willing or can't back your claim up with evidence, don't make the claim.

You wouldn't be doing my homework, you would be doing YOUR OWN.

Forum List

Back