Best supermarkets/large marts

22lcidw

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2018
Publix best with Wal Mart good. Some stores better then others where I live for both.

If I have a little extra cash in my pocket, I really like going to Market Street supermarket here in Amarillo. They have a deli section that has all sorts of really good food, as well as a salad bar and an olive bar. But, they are pretty proud of their stuff, so I only go when I have some extra cash.

For my "go to" store? Wal Mart has what I need at fairly inexpensive prices.

Publix is overpriced....Ditto Hy-Vee.

Though they have good prices, Wally World has a pretty crappy selection.

Best blend of good prices and selection I experienced is any store owned by Kroger.
Publix... "Buy one get one free" deals makes it fairly priced if you use those products.

I like Publix and Harris Tweeter, but Lowes is far and above the best...

Welcome to Lowes Foods | Your True Homegrown Grocery Store | Lowes Foods Grocery Stores

They have a beer den... with local beers on tap, you can drink while you shop and take home a growler... the have dry aged beef, make their own sausages... smoke beef, pork, and chicken... pick your own herbs... great bakery and deli...
Harris-Teeter is the shit, though they can be a bit pricey....Never heard of Lowes.

Safeway. They used to sell toys and magazines detective magazines. My dad would buy magazines like "Argosy" . And then sell stuff like "Battlewagon" and Cragmont toy trains... and Toy cigarettes...

Presidente Supermarket, Strack and Van Til, Crest Foods, Aldi's, Albertson's, Meijer, Whole Foods.

Safeway. They used to sell toys and magazines detective magazines. My dad would buy magazines like "Argosy" . And then sell stuff like "Battlewagon" and Cragmont toy trains... and Toy cigarettes...

I remember living with my Grandparents in the late 70's and early 80's, and once every couple of weeks, Grandma would take me with her to go grocery shopping at the Safeway in Great Falls MT (we grew most of our own food), and the highlight for me was the magazine rack. Not only was I able to find Heavy Metal, but there was also another graphic novel I liked to get called Epic.

Best blend of good prices and selection I experienced is any store owned by Kroger.
Hy-Vee is the best I've seen. They have everything, including great delis.

Hy-Vee is the best I've seen. They have everything, including great delis.
Yes they do....They're still overpriced by and large.

Forum List

Back