When did toy cars become "masculine"?

JakeWIlls92

Gold Member
Apr 6, 2014
This must be a big joke!

What girly girl does not dream of becoming a rich princess who owns a German convertible?

If you have daughters make sure to get her both the Barbie and this!
7360641.jpg

When I was a kid, all the boys collected and played with Matchbox cars and Hot Wheels. I had 107 (I think).

Were they not masculine? Big tires, engine sticking through the hood, and flames down the sides? That sounds masculine to me.

When I was a kid, all the boys collected and played with Matchbox cars and Hot Wheels. I had 107 (I think).

Were they not masculine? Big tires, engine sticking through the hood, and flames down the sides? That sounds masculine to me.

I heard Matchbox aimed at being more realistic while hot wheels aimed more for the fantastical. Both are owned by Mattel.

Which one is better?

Plymouth Fury, Dodge Charger were masculine enough but on the other hand the Chevy Luv and the VW bug were not so much Not many girls want to get grease under their nails but boys don't mind. There is no law against it but girls usually don't collect toy cars and boys don't usually own jewelry boxes. Live with it and quit whining about alleged unfairness that doesn't exist.

To me, they don't look any different, but then again, I don't pay that much attention to them. At the end of the day in my opinion, a car is a car. As long as everything about them runs well enough, what is there to complain about concerning them?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Toy cars are not masculine at all!
When I was a kid I had some toy cars ( I think they maybe were 5 or 6) and I really liked them :)
The picture below looks similar to one of my toy cars :D

TOYCAR.jpg

When I was a kid I had some toy cars ( I think they maybe were 5 or 6) and I really liked them :)

View attachment 304737

It is funny that people want specific toys to be for specific genders. My daughter played with cars just like her brothers.

View attachment 304737

It is funny that people want specific toys to be for specific genders. My daughter played with cars just like her brothers.
True. :)
Sometimes I played with some toy guns too! :biggrin:

s-l640.jpg

View attachment 304737
I second this. Cars are driven by both genders. Why can't they be played with by both genders? When I was around five years old, I remember getting a set of toy power tools most likely made by the Fisher Price company. :) :) :)

God bless you and your family always!!!

Holly (born in 1982)

Forum List

Back