"Before face masks, Americans went to war against seat belts"

Did you miss the part of the government locking up people for 153 cumulative years in federal prison, because they violated "protecting the general welfare"
got a link???
fuck you and your seltbelt laws you fascist piece of shit,,,
If that was directed at me how is it I’m a facist piece of shit when I hate that bs seatbelt law? :uhoh3:

Seatbelts is a great example of how people get turned into sheep. We were told it was safer, most agreed but really didn’t think a law forcing you to wear one was a good idea. So when the sheep wouldn’t do as they were told by those that know what’s best for them they started “nudging” you in the right direction. Laws “suggesting” you should wear one. No fines or anything but an officer would pull you over, waste some of your time and have a friendly little chat about how all of this could have been avoided if you had just taken their “suggestion”.

Of course that didn’t take long to turn into click it or ticket but the sheep had to get a few nudges before the actual shove could be justified.

Makes you think. What kind of “suggestions” are they making today?
It’s Ironic that this thread was created today when it was cause I was just thinking the exact same thing today that it’s no surprise we live in a facist dictatership with all these dreconian laws now.I was thinking to myself today that man,it’s no surprise we are being dictated today on what to do,that we have to wear these masks.thats when i thought about the seatbelt laws how the sheep let that happen,that if we were really a free country,we would not be ordered to wear a seatbelt.that it should be a persons choice or not if they want to wear one,if they get in an accident,then that was their choice they made that they suffered S they did,they did not harm anybody else by not putting on their own seatbelt. Our forefathers sure would never have stood for it.

the way the sheep have let them strip away so many of our rights,expect this to be the new normal.
In truth, we have actual scientific evidence that seat belts save lives along with better vehicle crash designs. Cars are a human creation and I have no problem with them being designed to be safe and seat belts do help. With the advent of air bags and other safety features, IMO, mandatory seatbelt laws need to be reexamined.

That being said, the scientific evidence that a mask can protect anyone from a virus is just not there. There is no way any statistical model can be accurate when we don't have all the data. There needs to be massively more research into this before we let these politicians start to tyranically dictate where we go, who we see, when we can work, and even what we are allowed to wear and not wear.

I agree with you. I have always been opposed to seatbelt laws. I am not opposed to seatbelt being mandated for folks under a certain age, say eighteen. I'm also not opposed to appropriate car seats for infants and the very young. I remember as a tyke in Chicago I would stand up, next to the window, anyplace we went. If it was with my Grandpop I stood next to him with my arm around his neck. So did all the other kids. We were toast in an accident.

Since I was 13, I've almost always had a motorcycle...or several. I raced motorcycles, cross country in Enduros for quite a number of years and I have usually had a big Harley for road trips. Better still, I live in a state that does NOT require helmets. The vast majority of the time I ride with a helmet. But, there are cool clear nights when I'll take along my phone with my riding playlists and put as many as a couple of hundred miles without one. I've been riding for over 60 years, my head, my choice.

What many do not seem to understand, maybe the do and just don't care, is that freedom and liberty are not free. I don't just mean in treasure or the lives of soldiers fighting for freedom and liberty but also in our own lives.
Damn your over 60..? It sounds like you are a dude am I right? If so,I was always wrong on my thinking,I just assumed cause of your user name,you were female.

I bet ANYTHING Trump was one of them who was against them, too, just like he is masks.

Before face masks, Americans went to war against seat belts
  • A small but vocal minority of people in the US are protesting face-mask mandates.
  • In the early 1980s, the public-safety battle was over seat belts. Most Americans didn't use them, and 65% opposed them being enforced by law.
  • "There was a libertarian streak among resistors," car-safety pioneer Ralph Nader told Business Insider. "They took the stance that 'you're not going to tie the American people up in seat belts.'"
  • More than 50 years after "Unsafe at Any Speed," Nader said, "We are a very hard society to change cognitively.""""

So let's take the politics out of this mask thing and get healthy again!
Protect yourself, protect your friends and take your tip from the scientists and docs!
I've never routinely used seat belts or masks and have no plans to start. I consider both personal choice items and no business of any government.

Protect yourself, protect your friends and take your tip from the scientists and docs!
Your trolling is tiresome and based on non scientific b.s.
You are basically a moron!
you twat cite a commentary from april 1, where it is stated that they do not have enough data. maybe you little twerp could use something more current.

right-refuse-services-sign-s-7385.png

That doesn't make it legal. Ask the bakery shops that got sued for refusing to bake a cake for gay weddings.
Being gay isnt a virus you can catch retard.

Didn't the sign you posted say "to anyone?"
Yes. Why do you ask?

Well anyone would include gay couples, wouldn't they?
It would include them as well if they were not wearing masks. Why do you ask? Dont you know what anybody means?

Then do this: Open up a business and refuse to serve anybody without a mask. They will go to your competitor and shop with them, and you'll likely lose their business for life.

When our state first adopted CCW laws, we gave vendors an option to hang a sign on their door stopping armed customers from entering. If they had that sign on their door and you went in armed, you were breaking the law. So most stores did hang those signs on their doors and windows.

As more and more people got their license, they quit patronizing those businesses and went elsewhere. Today, you don't even see those signs in the windows and doors any longer because they couldn't afford to lose all that business.

Again, I wear my mask when in public, but it's my own choice which it should always be. If somebody else doesn't want to wear one, that's their choice too. It's likely that people who had this thing will never get it again, and there are people who have the antibodies to never get it. Why should those people be forced to wear any mask at all?
" It's likely..."
"Why should those people be forced to wear any mask at all?"

Because "likely" arent good enough odds to play with someones life. Now if you can prove all that is true beyond all shadow of a doubt you would have a point.

It's been noted for some time now. When you fight off (whatever) your body does so by building antibodies to fight it. Antibodies don't go away, they remain in your system to fight off another possible attack of the same disease.

We can't make law or insist such people have to abide by laws that likely don't apply to them, nor can we do five years of experimenting before we come to that conclusion.

People who are near death (if fortunate enough) have blood infused with those antibodies to save their lives from people that got the virus and survived. They are not waiting for empirical evidence, they are using the odds of law. The problem is we don't have enough blood to go around to everybody.

"It's been noted for some time now. When you fight off (whatever) your body does so by building antibodies to fight it. Antibodies don't go away, they remain in your system to fight off another possible attack of the same disease. "

If that were true in all cases why do people continue to catch the cold? You do realize this virus is closer to the common cold than anything else right?

A cold is not a virus. The flu is, but it resurfaces in different strains every year, so a vaccine isn't possible. The coronavirus can do the same, but as of right now, it's Covid-19 that's the problem.
neither the cold nor the flu is a virus. they are diseases/symptoms caused by viruses. the common cold can be caused by a wide variety of viruses. don't play a doctor on the internet.

me not wearing a mask comes from self esteem and confidence based on the evidence I've seen,,,
fact is youre just mad you cant control me like fascist/communist like to do,,,

You thinking people are trying to "control me like facist/communists like to do", is proof positive that your resistance to wearing a mask to prove "we're not the boss of you".

Initially, the CDC was wishy washy on masks, but my son-in-law needed to buy some for his workers to get certified to re-open his business, and he gave me a package of 10 masks. It does no harm to wear one, and if it helps keep me and others safe from the crud, why not?

I'm a sports fan, and have been all of my life. After SARS in 2002/03, large numbers of Asian figure skating (Korean, Chinese, Japanese), tennis (Chinese) and gymnastics (Japanese and Chinese) fans started showing up at live events wearing masks. With the rise of Yuna Kim from South Korea, and multiple skaters from Japan and China, North Americans and Europeans welcome these fans, and said "Bless their hearts". Last week my daughter said "I am never going to mock the Asian skating fans again. They were smarter than the rest of us".

Notice how in the countries which followed the science and didn't protest to re-open their countries, are now fully re-opened.

You're basing your bullshit on an article posted on April 1st- three months ago. At that time, the article raises three main points, all of which have been refuted by what we've learned in the interim. This is a "Novel" virus. That means we've never seen it before and we know a LOT more now than we did three months ago.

1. Since that date, there is STRONG scientific evidence that wearing a mask substantially reduces the risk of infection. It is now known that the disease spreads via water droplets which are expelled when we talk and breath. Wearing a mask is THE MOST EFFECTIVE MEANS of stopping the spread.

2. Point #2 is moot. There is no single thing anyone can do that is more effective than wearing a mask.

3. Masks were non-existient in the USA on April 1st. The public was being discouraged from wearing masks because there weren't enough for the medical staff, much less the rest of the population to wear them.

THIS IS A RAPIDLY EVOLVING EVENT. PLEASE TRY TO KEEP UP AND STOP RELYING ON OLD DISCREDITED INFORMATION WHEN FORMING YOUR DECISIONS.

That doesn't make it legal. Ask the bakery shops that got sued for refusing to bake a cake for gay weddings.

Yes. Why do you ask?

It would include them as well if they were not wearing masks. Why do you ask? Dont you know what anybody means?

Then do this: Open up a business and refuse to serve anybody without a mask. They will go to your competitor and shop with them, and you'll likely lose their business for life.

When our state first adopted CCW laws, we gave vendors an option to hang a sign on their door stopping armed customers from entering. If they had that sign on their door and you went in armed, you were breaking the law. So most stores did hang those signs on their doors and windows.

As more and more people got their license, they quit patronizing those businesses and went elsewhere. Today, you don't even see those signs in the windows and doors any longer because they couldn't afford to lose all that business.

Again, I wear my mask when in public, but it's my own choice which it should always be. If somebody else doesn't want to wear one, that's their choice too. It's likely that people who had this thing will never get it again, and there are people who have the antibodies to never get it. Why should those people be forced to wear any mask at all?
" It's likely..."

Because "likely" arent good enough odds to play with someones life. Now if you can prove all that is true beyond all shadow of a doubt you would have a point.

It's been noted for some time now. When you fight off (whatever) your body does so by building antibodies to fight it. Antibodies don't go away, they remain in your system to fight off another possible attack of the same disease.

We can't make law or insist such people have to abide by laws that likely don't apply to them, nor can we do five years of experimenting before we come to that conclusion.

People who are near death (if fortunate enough) have blood infused with those antibodies to save their lives from people that got the virus and survived. They are not waiting for empirical evidence, they are using the odds of law. The problem is we don't have enough blood to go around to everybody.

"It's been noted for some time now. When you fight off (whatever) your body does so by building antibodies to fight it. Antibodies don't go away, they remain in your system to fight off another possible attack of the same disease. "

If that were true in all cases why do people continue to catch the cold? You do realize this virus is closer to the common cold than anything else right?

A cold is not a virus. The flu is, but it resurfaces in different strains every year, so a vaccine isn't possible. The coronavirus can do the same, but as of right now, it's Covid-19 that's the problem.

Stick to driving trucks. You lack of scientific knowledge is appalling.

I bet ANYTHING Trump was one of them who was against them, too, just like he is masks.

• A small but vocal minority of people in the US are protesting face-mask mandates.
  • In the early 1980s, the public-safety battle was over seat belts. Most Americans didn't use them, and 65% opposed them being enforced by law.
  • "There was a libertarian streak among resistors," car-safety pioneer Ralph Nader told Business Insider. "They took the stance that 'you're not going to tie the American people up in seat belts.'"
  • More than 50 years after "Unsafe at Any Speed," Nader said, "We are a very hard society to change cognitively.""""

I don't wear a seat belt very much.

I do have this neat little gadget that I click into the seat belt buckle that stops my car's seat belt alarm from dinging constantly.

Congress is empowered in the constitution to make all necessary laws to carry out it's enumerated powers.

Which would include promoting the general welfare.
promoting something doesnt involve a gun or force,,,

and please try and stay on subject cause we aint talkin about taxs or armies,,,
It did as I pointed out with the EPA.
no it doesnt unless youre a fascist nazi,,,
'
are you a fascist nazi???
Our government sure is
the partys are,, the government is an inanimate object,,,

and based on your comments so are you,,,

me not wearing a mask comes from self esteem and confidence based on the evidence I've seen,,,
fact is youre just mad you cant control me like fascist/communist like to do,,,

You thinking people are trying to "control me like facist/communists like to do", is proof positive that your resistance to wearing a mask to prove "we're not the boss of you".

Initially, the CDC was wishy washy on masks, but my son-in-law needed to buy some for his workers to get certified to re-open his business, and he gave me a package of 10 masks. It does no harm to wear one, and if it helps keep me and others safe from the crud, why not?

I'm a sports fan, and have been all of my life. After SARS in 2002/03, large numbers of Asian figure skating (Korean, Chinese, Japanese), tennis (Chinese) and gymnastics (Japanese and Chinese) fans started showing up at live events wearing masks. With the rise of Yuna Kim from South Korea, and multiple skaters from Japan and China, North Americans and Europeans welcome these fans, and said "Bless their hearts". Last week my daughter said "I am never going to mock the Asian skating fans again. They were smarter than the rest of us".

Notice how in the countries which followed the science and didn't protest to re-open their countries, are now fully re-opened.
more incoherent babble from a typical nazi fuck that wants to tell others how to behave,,,

how about you keep your ass and your opinion in canada,,,

You're basing your bullshit on an article posted on April 1st- three months ago. At that time, the article raises three main points, all of which have been refuted by what we've learned in the interim. This is a "Novel" virus. That means we've never seen it before and we know a LOT more now than we did three months ago.

1. Since that date, there is STRONG scientific evidence that wearing a mask substantially reduces the risk of infection. It is now known that the disease spreads via water droplets which are expelled when we talk and breath. Wearing a mask is THE MOST EFFECTIVE MEANS of stopping the spread.

2. Point #2 is moot. There is no single thing anyone can do that is more effective than wearing a mask.

3. Masks were non-existient in the USA on April 1st. The public was being discouraged from wearing masks because there weren't enough for the medical staff, much less the rest of the population to wear them.

THIS IS A RAPIDLY EVOLVING EVENT. PLEASE TRY TO KEEP UP AND STOP RELYING ON OLD DISCREDITED INFORMATION WHEN FORMING YOUR DECISIONS.
Tell it to Dr. Brosseau, professor and expert on respiratory protection and infectious diseases.

1. The fact that the article cited was written on April 1st is irrelevant. Please cite how the nature of respiratory
diseases and infections have changed significantly in the last three or four months. Well, I guess
you can't.

2. Masks are more useful as a placebo to placate some politicians and Karens roaming around
but in actual fact beside being useful as a virtue signaling device the masks being worn are almost useless.
If it makes you feel safe wear one but most masks out there are ineffective at screening out contagions.
It's like buckling up with seat belts made of paper mache. If you enjoy the false sense of security, which you apparently do, enjoy your mask.

3. The fact that face masks were less plentiful at one time is also irrelevant. Are they efficient reliable
tools for screening out Covid virus? The answer is no!
Politicians enjoy ordering people around and they also enjoy the appearance of safety and security.
Do us all a favor and go dig a pit and hide out in it until the pandemic passes, if ever.

you twat cite a commentary from april 1, where it is stated that they do not have enough data. maybe you little twerp could use something more current.
Please point out where the Covid virus has changed and morphed in any significant way since the first of
April and invalidates anything posted in my citation.

Of course you can't so why not just shut your ignorant trap and go about your asinine business. Thanks, moron.

Please point out where the Covid virus has changed and morphed in any significant way since the first of
April and invalidates anything posted in my citation.

Of course you can't so why not just shut your ignorant trap and go about your asinine business. Thanks, moron.
^triggered.

it helps reading what you link, and reading what others have linked. it is not my fault that you remain ignorant.

your pathetic attempt at deflection is almost presidential.

wear a mask, idiot.

it helps reading what you link, and reading what others have linked. it is not my fault that you remain ignorant.

your pathetic attempt at deflection is almost presidential.

wear a mask, idiot.
Why the second post since it changes nothing? You must enjoy the pointless futile gestures you make.
Thanks once more, you moron.

I don't wear a seat belt very much.

I do have this neat little gadget that I click into the seat belt buckle that stops my car's seat belt alarm from dinging constantly.

Funny you should bring that up. I just ordered a pair last week. They said I'll get the delivery next week. Usually Amazon gets stuff here in a day or two, so they must be pretty popular with everybody if they are backordered.

We have experts on both sides of the argument, that's the problem. One side says they help, the other side says they are useless. Therefore it's a controversial issue that government should not take sides on.

A mask won't do you any good if you are rubbing your eyes or sticking your fingers in your mouth. Furthermore there is something more effective than masks, and that is frequently washing your hands, and using sanitizer when washing is not possible. Your scientific ignorance is appalling. Stick to killing old people in your country.

If you don't believe the government has the power to "promote the general welfare" under penalty of law. I suggest you get the hundreds of people thrown in federal prison by the EPA a go fundme page to fight the unconstitutional general welfare laws.
Sex results in millions of cases of venereal disease every year, killing thousands. Using your twisted "logic", the Govt could ban sex to "promote the general welfare".

Moron.

Yes. Why do you ask?

" It's likely..."

neither the cold nor the flu is a virus. they are diseases/symptoms caused by viruses. the common cold can be caused by a wide variety of viruses. don't play a doctor on the internet.

Correct, only libs should, because libs know everything. Just ask any one of you.

Forum List

Back