"Before face masks, Americans went to war against seat belts"

When the law is bullshit as it is with seatbelts,smoking being banned at bars,the NSA being allowed to spy on us and now this,it’s time for the American people to stand up and fight,they never do though and they won’t again either of course.

Do you believe we should try to control opoid abuse? Because the annual death toll from opoids is around 60,000, half the four month death toll from the coronavirus.

Trump is now saying "just live with it" for the coronavirus, so I guess he also gave up on the war on drugs.

Leftists are really letting their masks slip off with the calls for totalitarianism.

If you don't believe the government has the power to "promote the general welfare" under penalty of law. I suggest you get the hundreds of people thrown in federal prison by the EPA a go fundme page to fight the unconstitutional general welfare laws.

If you don't believe the government has the power to "promote the general welfare" under penalty of law. I suggest you get the hundreds of people thrown in federal prison by the EPA a go fundme page to fight the unconstitutional general welfare laws.
so you are a fascist nazi,,,

at least youre open about it,,,

Did you miss the part of the government locking up people for 153 cumulative years in federal prison, because they violated "protecting the general welfare"
got a link???

Did you miss the part of the government locking up people for 153 cumulative years in federal prison, because they violated "protecting the general welfare"
got a link???
fuck you and your seltbelt laws you fascist piece of shit,,,

Actually all the experiments about the protective properties of masks was done back when human life was cheap. 1800's early 1900's when they could run mask vs no mask trials, and the clear evidence was that masks help stop the spread of disease.

Any modern day studies are suspect, because medical ethics would not allow such a double blind study.
Nice generalization. But, you need to provide the criteria for the data upon which you put your assumptions. What was the population of data? What were the circumstances of the patients? How long was the study? And most importantly what was the pathogen?
Late 1800's early 1900's, hospitals would use masks in one operating room, and work without masks (which was the normal at the time) in another.

Then they would count the toe tags in the morgue.
Thanks but that is completely different than the rationalization for wearing masks today. We are not operating on anyone, we are not exposed to their blood, flesh and internal organs nor are we exposing them to the same threat of our viruses going directly into their internal organs.

Late 1800's early 1900's, hospitals would use masks in one operating room, and work without masks (which was the normal at the time) in another.

Then they would count the toe tags in the morgue.
Thanks but that is completely different than the rationalization for wearing masks today. We are not operating on anyone, we are not exposed to their blood, flesh and internal organs nor are we exposing them to the same threat of our viruses going directly into their internal organs.

You don't understand, the mask trials proved it prevented spreading disease from the person wearing the mask to the patient.

And the resulting drop in mortality was clear and convincing evidence it worked.

As I said, they just had to count toe tags.

Other clinical trials:

Washing hands prevents spread of disease. Trials in the maternity wards deaths from infection following childbirth.

It's what's necessary when people won't obey the law. Warnings, followed by fines, followed by jail.
It’s not a law. Read my last post. Honestly, how can you always write such stupid
An executive order issued under a states constitution or a states laws giving the governor that power, makes it LAW.

It's no different than martial law. You won't find it in the constitution. But it a clearly a law.

Martial law in the United States refers to United States history where in a region, state, city or the United States as a whole were placed under the control of a military body. On a national level, both the President of the United States and the United States Congress have the power to impose martial law, since both can be in charge of the Militia.[1] In each state, the governor has the right to impose martial law within the borders of the state.[2] In the United States, martial law has been used in a limited number of circumstances, such as New Orleans during the Battle of New Orleans; after major disasters, such as the Great Chicago Fire of 1871 or the 1906 San Francisco earthquake or during riots, such as the Omaha race riot of 1919 or the 1920 Lexington riots;
None of that is active and legislation won’t allow it . Funny how you like dictators. You’re boarding that train to aushits

There is actually a fundamental difference here. Seatbelts have a minimal effect on those who are not the person wearing the seatbelt and their dependence.

The people refusing to wear masks are putting everyone--but especially medical professional--at risk of death or lifelong disability. They are acting with depraved indifference.

There is really no evidence to prove that. It was only a few months ago where we were told wearing a mask isn't going to solve anything.

I do wear a mask because it was advised to me by my care givers. But it is my option as it should be with any American. Covid cases are up because we have more testing ability now, and because it's summer, more people are exposed to each other. However the death rate didn't grow.
You mean it SHOULD be your option,but thanks to our facist dictatership government,it’s not.they will,soon be the gestapo and start throwing you in jail if you do not comply
They don’t have enough jails. So they will be boarding boxcars

Promote means to encourage. When you make law about something, that is no longer encouraging people, it's threatening people. It has nothing to do with the general welfare or that clause you think you understand in the US Constitution.

"Went to war about seat belts"? I don't recall that particular war. You almost gotta laugh that mobs are burning cars and tearing down artifacts but the radical left wants to throw you in jail for refusing to wear a freaking surgical mask in public.

It's what's necessary when people won't obey the law. Warnings, followed by fines, followed by jail.
What happens when people won't obey the basic law of freedom and democracy? You almost gotta laugh that the radical left wants to decrease funding for the Police while increasing their responsibility to force Americans to wear freaking masks in public.

The general welfare clause is what gave the government the power to create the EPA and to empower them to act under force of law. You can be thrown in jail
2017 Major Criminal Cases | Enforcement | US EPA
www.epa.gov › enforcement › 2017-major-criminal-ca...

Jan 31, 2018 - This year's cases resulted in a total of 153 years of incarceration for .

Now please point out in the US Constitution, or the arguments by our founders, that allowed bureaucracies. Bureaucracies are as anti-American as it gets, because our founders wanted our law makers to be held responsible by the people; the ability to redress.

Bureaucrats are nameless faceless people who write laws and fines against the people, yet the people have no ability to throw them out of office.

right-refuse-services-sign-s-7385.png

That doesn't make it legal. Ask the bakery shops that got sued for refusing to bake a cake for gay weddings.
Being gay isnt a virus you can catch retard.

Didn't the sign you posted say "to anyone?"
Yes. Why do you ask?

Well anyone would include gay couples, wouldn't they?
It would include them as well if they were not wearing masks. Why do you ask? Dont you know what anybody means?

Then do this: Open up a business and refuse to serve anybody without a mask. They will go to your competitor and shop with them, and you'll likely lose their business for life.

When our state first adopted CCW laws, we gave vendors an option to hang a sign on their door stopping armed customers from entering. If they had that sign on their door and you went in armed, you were breaking the law. So most stores did hang those signs on their doors and windows.

As more and more people got their license, they quit patronizing those businesses and went elsewhere. Today, you don't even see those signs in the windows and doors any longer because they couldn't afford to lose all that business.

Again, I wear my mask when in public, but it's my own choice which it should always be. If somebody else doesn't want to wear one, that's their choice too. It's likely that people who had this thing will never get it again, and there are people who have the antibodies to never get it. Why should those people be forced to wear any mask at all?
" It's likely..."
"Why should those people be forced to wear any mask at all?"

Because "likely" arent good enough odds to play with someones life. Now if you can prove all that is true beyond all shadow of a doubt you would have a point.

It's been noted for some time now. When you fight off (whatever) your body does so by building antibodies to fight it. Antibodies don't go away, they remain in your system to fight off another possible attack of the same disease.

We can't make law or insist such people have to abide by laws that likely don't apply to them, nor can we do five years of experimenting before we come to that conclusion.

People who are near death (if fortunate enough) have blood infused with those antibodies to save their lives from people that got the virus and survived. They are not waiting for empirical evidence, they are using the odds of law. The problem is we don't have enough blood to go around to everybody.

There is actually a fundamental difference here. Seatbelts have a minimal effect on those who are not the person wearing the seatbelt and their dependence.

The people refusing to wear masks are putting everyone--but especially medical professional--at risk of death or lifelong disability. They are acting with depraved indifference.

There is really no evidence to prove that. It was only a few months ago where we were told wearing a mask isn't going to solve anything.

I do wear a mask because it was advised to me by my care givers. But it is my option as it should be with any American. Covid cases are up because we have more testing ability now, and because it's summer, more people are exposed to each other. However the death rate didn't grow.

the death rate has decreased because treatments have improved. Antibody therapy and corticosteroids have been saving lives. It isn't clear for how long though, because many of those who got seriously ill now have potentially long term lingering affects. So the final death toll attributable to this outbreak may not ever be fully tallied, or even known.

And no, cases are up mostly in the states that didn't get hit as hard by the first wave. Mostly in the Sun Belt.

Cases are up in red and blue states all across the country. I believe much of that is because we have way more accessibility to testing now. It was estimated that some 30 percent or so of people who do have it are asymptomatic; something we could have never known three months ago. People who are not in that category had symptoms similar to a bad cold or mild flu, which in the past, few sought medical attention for.

What we do know is that deaths are pretty steady with some usual bouncing around. Yes, you can credit medication, but I think the bigger picture is that more cases and steady deaths is indicative that we just know about more people having it today.

those without symptoms don't typically get testing, outside of perhaps medical professionals.

Very true, but now they can. People are more sensitive when they get symptoms and can easily get tested whereas three months ago, you could only get tested if it was highly suspect you had Covid and the doctor ordered such a test.

That doesn't make it legal. Ask the bakery shops that got sued for refusing to bake a cake for gay weddings.

Yes. Why do you ask?

It would include them as well if they were not wearing masks. Why do you ask? Dont you know what anybody means?

Then do this: Open up a business and refuse to serve anybody without a mask. They will go to your competitor and shop with them, and you'll likely lose their business for life.

When our state first adopted CCW laws, we gave vendors an option to hang a sign on their door stopping armed customers from entering. If they had that sign on their door and you went in armed, you were breaking the law. So most stores did hang those signs on their doors and windows.

As more and more people got their license, they quit patronizing those businesses and went elsewhere. Today, you don't even see those signs in the windows and doors any longer because they couldn't afford to lose all that business.

Again, I wear my mask when in public, but it's my own choice which it should always be. If somebody else doesn't want to wear one, that's their choice too. It's likely that people who had this thing will never get it again, and there are people who have the antibodies to never get it. Why should those people be forced to wear any mask at all?
" It's likely..."

Because "likely" arent good enough odds to play with someones life. Now if you can prove all that is true beyond all shadow of a doubt you would have a point.

It's been noted for some time now. When you fight off (whatever) your body does so by building antibodies to fight it. Antibodies don't go away, they remain in your system to fight off another possible attack of the same disease.

We can't make law or insist such people have to abide by laws that likely don't apply to them, nor can we do five years of experimenting before we come to that conclusion.

People who are near death (if fortunate enough) have blood infused with those antibodies to save their lives from people that got the virus and survived. They are not waiting for empirical evidence, they are using the odds of law. The problem is we don't have enough blood to go around to everybody.
He doesn’t know viruses don’t go away. Are bodies become immune. And he thinks he knows science

The mask doesnt really protect you dim wit. Its more for protecting others around you by cutting down the distance the virus can travel from your mouth
so if you see someone without a mask just stay away from them,,,
problem solved,,,
Thats not always possible which is why they should be wearing a mask.
thats sounds like their problem not mine,,,
It will become your problem if youre around me. I had to set someone straight just the other day.
How did you set him straight? Or was it an old lady?

I would love for one of you Libnut SoiBois to "set me straight" for not wearing a mask. :laughing0301:
I told him to get his ass out the store before I fucked him up. I didnt have to tell him twice.
well isnt that civil of you,,,its more like ,,isnt that fascist of you,,,
Its not ok for that punk ass to first of all ignore the sign that said he should be wearing a mask and then walk up behind me. If he wants to infect people he can take his bitch ass to his own house.

At the same time, if you don't want to get infected, you can do the same.

The mask doesnt really protect you dim wit. Its more for protecting others around you by cutting down the distance the virus can travel from your mouth
so if you see someone without a mask just stay away from them,,,
problem solved,,,
Thats not always possible which is why they should be wearing a mask.
thats sounds like their problem not mine,,,
It will become your problem if youre around me. I had to set someone straight just the other day.
How did you set him straight? Or was it an old lady?

I would love for one of you Libnut SoiBois to "set me straight" for not wearing a mask. :laughing0301:
I told him to get his ass out the store before I fucked him up. I didnt have to tell him twice.

And if you acted on your threat and got shot, you'd be blaming the gun.

Yes. Why do you ask?

" It's likely..."

"It's been noted for some time now. When you fight off (whatever) your body does so by building antibodies to fight it. Antibodies don't go away, they remain in your system to fight off another possible attack of the same disease. "

If that were true in all cases why do people continue to catch the cold? You do realize this virus is closer to the common cold than anything else right?

Forum List

Back