"Before face masks, Americans went to war against seat belts"

When the law is bullshit as it is with seatbelts,smoking being banned at bars,the NSA being allowed to spy on us and now this,it’s time for the American people to stand up and fight,they never do though and they won’t again either of course.

Do you believe we should try to control opoid abuse? Because the annual death toll from opoids is around 60,000, half the four month death toll from the coronavirus.

Trump is now saying "just live with it" for the coronavirus, so I guess he also gave up on the war on drugs.

You mean it SHOULD be your option,but thanks to our facist dictatership government,it’s not.they will,soon be the gestapo and start throwing you in jail if you do not comply

Actually if I was in charge, I would issue the police masks and staple guns. You get caught in public without a mask, they staple one to your face.

Just kidding. I'd have then use crazy glue ;)

That being said, the scientific evidence that a mask can protect anyone from a virus is just not there. There is no way any statistical model can be accurate when we don't have all the data. There needs to be massively more research into this before we let these politicians start to tyranically dictate where we go, who we see, when we can work, and even what we are allowed to wear and not wear.
Actually all the experiments about the protective properties of masks was done back when human life was cheap. 1800's early 1900's when they could run mask vs no mask trials, and the clear evidence was that masks help stop the spread of disease.

Any modern day studies are suspect, because medical ethics would not allow such a double blind study.
Nice generalization. But, you need to provide the criteria for the data upon which you put your assumptions. What was the population of data? What were the circumstances of the patients? How long was the study? And most importantly what was the pathogen?

Actually all the experiments about the protective properties of masks was done back when human life was cheap. 1800's early 1900's when they could run mask vs no mask trials, and the clear evidence was that masks help stop the spread of disease.

Any modern day studies are suspect, because medical ethics would not allow such a double blind study.
Nice generalization. But, you need to provide the criteria for the data upon which you put your assumptions. What was the population of data? What were the circumstances of the patients? How long was the study? And most importantly what was the pathogen?
Late 1800's early 1900's, hospitals would use masks in one operating room, and work without masks (which was the normal at the time) in another.

Then they would count the toe tags in the morgue.

Where does this authority come from? Cite the clause in the Constitution giving the govt this power. Your fellow idiots have been unable to do so.

And as I pointed out earlier.........driving a car isn't a Constitutional right.

Next dumbass question?
Promote the general welfare.
that doesnt mean they can force people to do what they dont want to do,,,

I bet ANYTHING Trump was one of them who was against them, too, just like he is masks.

Before face masks, Americans went to war against seat belts
  • A small but vocal minority of people in the US are protesting face-mask mandates.
  • In the early 1980s, the public-safety battle was over seat belts. Most Americans didn't use them, and 65% opposed them being enforced by law.
  • "There was a libertarian streak among resistors," car-safety pioneer Ralph Nader told Business Insider. "They took the stance that 'you're not going to tie the American people up in seat belts.'"
  • More than 50 years after "Unsafe at Any Speed," Nader said, "We are a very hard society to change cognitively.""""

So let's take the politics out of this mask thing and get healthy again!
Protect yourself, protect your friends and take your tip from the scientists and docs!

Up until COVID it was illegal for adults to wear facemasks in public in my state :stir:

Ironic, because every flu season it would save lives if sick people could be bothered to do so. That state should rethink that law.

I think it has to do with the age old game of cops and robbers. Anyway, I was a hand-washing social distancer already when COVID came along as my region had the flu witches circling overhead on their brooms just looking for someone else to zap with their crooked wands.

that doesnt mean they can force people to do what they dont want to do,,,
Actually it does. People don't want to pay taxes either.
no it doesnt,,, and dont change the subject,,,
Anything in the constitution that the government has the power to do, from raising armies to raising taxes, to promoting the general welfare, they can do by force of law.
promote the general welfare doesnt involve force,,,they are more than welcome to suggest things like this,,, but to point a gun at my head is a little fascist dont you think???

I bet ANYTHING Trump was one of them who was against them, too, just like he is masks.

Before face masks, Americans went to war against seat belts
  • A small but vocal minority of people in the US are protesting face-mask mandates.
  • In the early 1980s, the public-safety battle was over seat belts. Most Americans didn't use them, and 65% opposed them being enforced by law.
  • "There was a libertarian streak among resistors," car-safety pioneer Ralph Nader told Business Insider. "They took the stance that 'you're not going to tie the American people up in seat belts.'"
  • More than 50 years after "Unsafe at Any Speed," Nader said, "We are a very hard society to change cognitively.""""

So let's take the politics out of this mask thing and get healthy again!
Protect yourself, protect your friends and take your tip from the scientists and docs!

Driving a car is not a Constitutional right, you blithering idiot.
Nor is going to work or the store without a mask on you fucking retard.
I can choose not to go to a store, and if my employer mandates it that is his right.

The Govt has no authority to force people to wear a mask, idiot.
That has nothing to do with the point.

The government does have the authority to force you wear a mask. All they have to do is start charging your asses with attempted murder or assault.
The government does have the authority to force you wear a mask.

Cite what gives them that authority.
You really can’t be this stupid :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :auiqs.jpg:
Yes he can and he has proved it many times. :lol:
link?

Anything in the constitution that the government has the power to do, from raising armies to raising taxes, to promoting the general welfare, they can do by force of law.
promote the general welfare doesnt involve force,,,they are more than welcome to suggest things like this,,, but to point a gun at my head is a little fascist dont you think???
As I said anything in the constitution. Raising an army can be done under force, paying taxes can be done under force, promoting the general welfare can be done under force.

Congress is empowered in the constitution to make all necessary laws to carry out it's enumerated powers.

Which would include promoting the general welfare.

As I said anything in the constitution. Raising an army can be done under force, paying taxes can be done under force, promoting the general welfare can be done under force.

Congress is empowered in the constitution to make all necessary laws to carry out it's enumerated powers.

promoting something doesnt involve a gun or force,,,

and please try and stay on subject cause we aint talkin about taxs or armies,,,

The general welfare clause is what gave the government the power to create the EPA and to empower them to act under force of law. You can be thrown in jail
2017 Major Criminal Cases | Enforcement | US EPA
www.epa.gov › enforcement › 2017-major-criminal-ca...

Jan 31, 2018 - This year's cases resulted in a total of 153 years of incarceration for .
still doesnt have anything to do with forcing people against their will to do something to buy food,,,

unless youre a fascist nazi then it does,,,

promoting something doesnt involve a gun or force,,,

and please try and stay on subject cause we aint talkin about taxs or armies,,,
It did as I pointed out with the EPA.
no it doesnt unless youre a fascist nazi,,,
'
are you a fascist nazi???

still doesnt have anything to do with forcing people against their will to do something to buy food,,,

unless youre a fascist nazi then it does,,,
Did you miss the part of the government locking up people for 153 cumulative years in federal prison, because they violated "protecting the general welfare"

Forum List

Back