Beer

Mrs T brought home a slab of Bud Light the other day and I have to say how underwhelmed I am. It tastes of piss and I still have about 9 cans to get through.

She got it cheap because it isnt selling. Thank God she didnt buy all of it.
18527634_10213351697935362_280023595816261796_n.jpg

It got me thinking of American beers. I remember from my visits there that your drinking culture is different to ours in that you do not drink heavily. Most of the beers I tried were ok but a bit underpowered. Probably to refrain you from getting drunk and killing each other in a drunken rage.

But I know that there is better out there. A few weeks ago I went to a wake in a local hotel and they were serving this beauty - ON DRAUGHT !! God Bless America !! It really enhanced my funeral experience.

shipyard_export_web.png

Shipyard

So how do Coors and Bud achieve such dominance when there are real quality beers out there ?

Regional acquired taste. Plus they are cheaper than imported or specialty beers. I've never liked bud (outside of bud light lines at the beach or on the boat). They are quite refreshing. Also maybe climate has something to do with it? Our summers do get hot, and in many places humid, a heavier beer is not that appetizing during that type of weather.

I like a Brownie or two on occasion. You can get them anywhere.
Low octane rating unfortunately. That's what brings me back to the microbreweries. A single pint of the local stuff packs quite a punch.
beer_132.jpg

I like a Brownie or two on occasion. You can get them anywhere.
Low octane rating unfortunately. That's what brings me back to the microbreweries. A single pint of the local stuff packs quite a punch.
beer_132.jpg
Interesting to see it in 330ml bottles. I think the UK version is 500ml. I like Brown Ale but never took to the Newcie. Its a bit sweet for my taste.
Brown Ale is one of those that has disappeared from our pubs over the years. Pale Ale and Light Ale have also gone.Newcastle Brown is a big brand though and most places will offer it.

Mrs T brought home a slab of Bud Light the other day and I have to say how underwhelmed I am. It tastes of piss and I still have about 9 cans to get through.

It got me thinking of American beers. I remember from my visits there that your drinking culture is different to ours in that you do not drink heavily. Most of the beers I tried were ok but a bit underpowered. Probably to refrain you from getting drunk and killing each other in a drunken rage.

But I know that there is better out there. A few weeks ago I went to a wake in a local hotel and they were serving this beauty - ON DRAUGHT !! God Bless America !! It really enhanced my funeral experience.

shipyard_export_web.png

Shipyard

So how do Coors and Bud achieve such dominance when there are real quality beers out there ?

You might want to check the expiration date.

shipyard_export_web.png

Shipyard

What you're missing here is there are beers for all day drinking and there are beers for the pure appreciation of a quality beer.
Drinking heavy beer all day in the hot sun just doesnt work and they really dont satisfy your thirst.

Another failed thread. BudWeiser beer(s) are Belgian. *********

Belgian brewer InBev acquired Anheuser-Busch in 2008 to create the massive company called Anheuser-Busch InBev (AHBIF). A spokesman for Anheuser-Busch insisted to CNNMoney that Budweiser, the beer, is thoroughly American, even though its parent company is from Belgium.May 10, 2016

Lyin' Europeans....a "spokesman".

shipyard_export_web.png

Shipyard

Shipyard started as a little craft beer company and has obviously grown exponentially if you're drinking it in Scotland. It is good, I agree. Coors and Bud came WAY WAY before Shipyard. It is also quite a bit more expensive than Bud or Coors.
What's a "slab?" 18 or 24?

shipyard_export_web.png

Shipyard

Regional acquired taste. Plus they are cheaper than imported or specialty beers. I've never liked bud (outside of bud light lines at the beach or on the boat). They are quite refreshing. Also maybe climate has something to do with it? Our summers do get hot, and in many places humid, a heavier beer is not that appetizing during that type of weather.

I drink Miller Lite during the heat of the day simply because craft beers are to heavy.
Once the sun goes down and it cools off a little and I dont have a fishing pole in my hand I'll enjoy a craft beer or five.

Bud sucks

I've been a Samuel Adams guy for as long as I remember

Beer to me is situational. Bud Light works good, like Corona if you are out in the sun at say the beach or a picnic.

For camping I go with Busch cans.

For dinner it depends on what I am eating.

For usual mass consumption, I go with Brooklyn Lager, Newcastle, or Sam Adams.

The states have smaller companies that brew a decent beer. I usually drink Moosehead beer out of Canada and will drink a Scottish Ale if I want something strong.

Bud, Miller and Coors are piss beer and is for cheap consumption.

My current favorite

Yeah IPA is all the rage now but I don't care for them
I didn't like them at first either, but, now that I'm used to them, the traditional beers taste like water

Define traditional beer
Bud, Bud Light, Miller, Coors, etc. I had a Heineicken recently. Terrible.
Those are common beers but hardly traditional

I don't drink a lot of those pissy pilsners

IPAs have been around for a long time they're just now getting popular. I don't mind a hoppy beer but The IPAs do nothing for me because they seem to be all one note.

I'll take a Sam Adams Boston Ale any day it's just a more complex flavor palette

Bud sucks

Beer to me is situational. Bud Light works good, like Corona if you are out in the sun at say the beach or a picnic.

I like a wheat beer in the summer

Harpoon UFO or Sam Summer ales are good
Pyramid makes a lot of good wheat beers but alas they are not sold here

Bud sucks

I like a wheat beer in the summer

Harpoon UFO or Sam Summer ales are good
Pyramid makes a lot of good wheat beers but alas they are not sold here

I do like a good wheat beer if I am sitting around outside during the summer. The others I listed are more for when you are doing something, like a game of can jam or cornhole.

My current favorite

Yeah IPA is all the rage now but I don't care for them
I didn't like them at first either, but, now that I'm used to them, the traditional beers taste like water

Define traditional beer
Bud, Bud Light, Miller, Coors, etc. I had a Heineicken recently. Terrible.
Those are common beers but hardly traditional

I don't drink a lot of those pissy pilsners

IPAs have been around for a long time they're just now getting popular. I don't mind a hoppy beer but The IPAs do nothing for me because they seem to be all one note.

I'll take a Sam Adams Boston Ale any day it's just a more complex flavor palette

The funny thing is in NYC the IPA craze is finally starting to wind down. You are now seeing more Porters and Sour Beers.

I am a big fan of porters. Sour beer not so much, but they have been growing on me.

Forum List

Back