Beer carrying customer shoots robber 7 times...

You are a brown belt who quit and now we are to believe you are an expert in martial arts and street fighting. You put videos on with two people at a tournament with gloves on and say one system is better than the other. You are so ignorant. I have a feeling that you didn't quit Tae Kuon Do. I think the Sensi kicked your butt out of there or he literally kicked your butt and you left wagging your tail. Pretty much what I'd do with you.

Also, there are videos out there by street fighting experts that disagree with you as well. Here is just one you can pull up. But, try listening to the narrator.

What I like about this video is that he's saying that in a street fight, he would not use the flowing fluffy stuff in forms and katas. Any instructor worth their weight will teach the same way. What works in the streets and what works in tournament fighting. Not the same stuff. You again are only a brown nose belt so you have no clue.

Here is another video. The video explains a lot about Wing Chung but can also be explanations for any Kung Fu system. But, go to the 7:35 point in the video because coming up in a couple of seconds is an explanation why you don't see Kung Fu in MMA. It's really very simple. Watch it because maybe you will believe them since it's on film. The same can be said for street fights in reverse. So, listen carefully.

Now, this sums a lot of this up for street fighting. This is what my master and his master did with the Sil Lum system. Simplified to techniques for street fighting. We still learned some of the Kung Fu flying kicks and stuff like that. It made it fun. I also put into the system elbow strikes I learned in karate along with strikes to the eyes and soft tissue areas as well.

You have never actually seen any kung fu fights, so let me help you with that. Here are some videos for you.

Karate Vs Kung Fu

Shaolin Guy Challenges MMA To Boxing Match HILARITY ENSUES

Any dirty move that a street fighter can do, so can a trained boxer. Kick the balls, check. Poke the eyes, check. The fact is, the boxer is going to send you into the dream world long before you pull off your dirty move, and your dirty move is highly unlikely to finish him even if it does come first. Your dirty move is probably just going to piss him off.
A boxer CAN do that, but it's counter to the thousands or millions of hours of training he has gone through. He will default to his training, that's a normal reaction. I would be a lot more afraid of an MMA fighter than a boxer because they are trained to counter people who fight in different disciplines and aren't wedded to any one discipline in their training. But I'm not a fighter and can count the real fights I have been in my entire life on both hands. But I've never lost a real fight. At this point in my life, I'd have to default to either the knife that I always carry or a pistol if I were carrying which is rare. At seventy, I'm not winning a fight against anyone who isn't already crippled. It's cheat or die at my age.

A boxer CAN do that, but it's counter to the thousands or millions of hours of training he has gone through. He will default to his training, that's a normal reaction. I would be a lot more afraid of an MMA fighter than a boxer because they are trained to counter people who fight in different disciplines and aren't wedded to any one discipline in their training. But I'm not a fighter and can count the real fights I have been in my entire life on both hands. But I've never lost a real fight. At this point in my life, I'd have to default to either the knife that I always carry or a pistol if I were carrying which is rare. At seventy, I'm not winning a fight against anyone who isn't already crippled. It's cheat or die at my age.
You are MUCH more likely to win a fight with expert boxing technique, than you are with dirty moves. A good boxer can keep you away from him and just jab you to death. When you come in for your dirty move, they will just slip away with skilled footwork and pop you again with a jab at a bad angle. Boxers are elusive.

You have never actually seen any kung fu fights, so let me help you with that. Here are some videos for you.

Karate Vs Kung Fu

Shaolin Guy Challenges MMA To Boxing Match HILARITY ENSUES

Did you watch the videos I sent? The question you raised is which is the better fighting art for street fighting? Then, you added the question on why there are no MMA Kung Fu fighters. I answered both. The videos you just posted have nothing to do with your questions. They are just sparring videos.

The videos gave the answer to both. First, while the more traditional arts have kata's, forms and some really neat expressive techniques, as explained in the videos, we also teach the techniques that are affective. I wrote a book called The Positive vs. Negative and Zero Rule for Self Defense. (PNZ) I started it decades ago. I just have to take a bunch of pictures and then publish it. In it, it's about those simple moves that give the upper hand. Wing Chung teaches to press forward. I call that the Positive Motion. Moving back is called the Negative Motion which leads to negative results. Standing still and fighting is the Zero Motion in which the stronger and/or bigger of the two fighters wins. However, with the Positive, when an attack is straight line towards the victim, the Positive Motion is 45 degrees stepping forward with the left or right foot. Parry both arms to cover both punch or kick. The back leg raises up and you kick the knee of the attacker from the side. Takes only 7 pounds of pressure to tear the tendons and ligaments. One quick motion for all of it. You can follow the kick with punches or more kicks. But, I generally teach to step out if the kick is successful and leave. For circular attacks with a stick or roundhouse kick, move directly at the opponent with a punching combination and throw a kick into the groin. In a street fight, I'd suggest striking the eyes with your two fingers. Always works. Especially if the victim is a woman or child. Then, kick the groin. The flying kicks and fluffy stuff are mostly for show. Very experienced fighters like myself can use them in street fights and get away with them.
As for grab holds, the first thing is to move into the attacker reversing the hold or control. Then quickly striking the soft tissues mostly followed by kicking the groin if possible. As an example, a simple double lapel grab attack. Step towards the attacker bending your knees. As you do this, with your hands, push the attacker's elbows in and down pulling the attacker close to you. Now, you have them in a hold. The step, hands to elbows and pulling is done in one motion. Then, put your palms together and together thrust the palms into the jaw of the attacker as hard as you can. Then, raise your knee up and extend your foot into his groin. Break away in a 180 degree turn with the kicking leg and leave. I call it Dragon's Mouth. That's the move my student did to the much bigger senior who wanted to throw him into a trash can on Senior Court. The important thing is not to get all tangled up with the attacker because if there is a second attacker, they will hit you from behind. I teach to take care of the attacker quickly, turn and step out so you can see if there is another attacker. Turn bac to make sure the attacker is down and then get out of there. Very simple. I have 12 simple grab hold defenses that I teach. Within each one, there are several moves, kicks, strikes or punches they learn while defending themselves. In about a month, they know these 12. But, they also know about 100 individual strikes, kicks and foot work techniques. This is what I call Whole to Part learning. Same with the non-grab attack defenses using the PNZ Rule. I also don't teach punches and kicks individually. I have sets of kicks they learn so that in one set, there may be 4 or different kicks and punches. That way, they learn how to do them but in a sequence. Most Kung Fu systems do the same thing. So does Kenpo Karate which is a Korean style of actually Kung Fu. They even call their teachers Sifu instead of Sensi.

Now, as far as why no Kung Fu people are doing MMA question. That was answered in the videos. But, since you didn't watch because you think you know everything, the reason is quite simple. The techniques are mostly not allowed in MMA. Can't kick to the groin, poke the eyes out and many other techniques. No heart stopping strikes to the chest and stuff like that. Kung Fu, Wing Chun and arts like that can't be used in MMA.

Why are you showing me videos of guys talking about kung fu working? YOU claimed the same thing. All i am seeing are claims. Thats all ive EVER seen my entire life, just farfetched claims. Now show me some videos of kung fu working.

Everyone has a cell phone. Surely if kung fu works, you can produce some videos of it. Also, could you show me a single video of someone fighting blindfolded? You claimed that it works, so lets see it.

...and now comes the part where you dont back up your claims. I already know you wont be providing these videos because, they dont exist. Kung fu is fake nonsense. Its a suckers martial art and you bought into it hook line and sinker.

Thats why I like tim larkin.....he shows how the injuries actually effect people in real world encounters...and he defintwly promotes the idea of never, ever lay a hand on anyone except for life or death

Did you watch the videos I sent? The question you raised is which is the better fighting art for street fighting? Then, you added the question on why there are no MMA Kung Fu fighters. I answered both. The videos you just posted have nothing to do with your questions. They are just sparring videos.

The videos gave the answer to both. First, while the more traditional arts have kata's, forms and some really neat expressive techniques, as explained in the videos, we also teach the techniques that are affective. I wrote a book called The Positive vs. Negative and Zero Rule for Self Defense. (PNZ) I started it decades ago. I just have to take a bunch of pictures and then publish it. In it, it's about those simple moves that give the upper hand. Wing Chung teaches to press forward. I call that the Positive Motion. Moving back is called the Negative Motion which leads to negative results. Standing still and fighting is the Zero Motion in which the stronger and/or bigger of the two fighters wins. However, with the Positive, when an attack is straight line towards the victim, the Positive Motion is 45 degrees stepping forward with the left or right foot. Parry both arms to cover both punch or kick. The back leg raises up and you kick the knee of the attacker from the side. Takes only 7 pounds of pressure to tear the tendons and ligaments. One quick motion for all of it. You can follow the kick with punches or more kicks. But, I generally teach to step out if the kick is successful and leave. For circular attacks with a stick or roundhouse kick, move directly at the opponent with a punching combination and throw a kick into the groin. In a street fight, I'd suggest striking the eyes with your two fingers. Always works. Especially if the victim is a woman or child. Then, kick the groin. The flying kicks and fluffy stuff are mostly for show. Very experienced fighters like myself can use them in street fights and get away with them.
As for grab holds, the first thing is to move into the attacker reversing the hold or control. Then quickly striking the soft tissues mostly followed by kicking the groin if possible. As an example, a simple double lapel grab attack. Step towards the attacker bending your knees. As you do this, with your hands, push the attacker's elbows in and down pulling the attacker close to you. Now, you have them in a hold. The step, hands to elbows and pulling is done in one motion. Then, put your palms together and together thrust the palms into the jaw of the attacker as hard as you can. Then, raise your knee up and extend your foot into his groin. Break away in a 180 degree turn with the kicking leg and leave. I call it Dragon's Mouth. That's the move my student did to the much bigger senior who wanted to throw him into a trash can on Senior Court. The important thing is not to get all tangled up with the attacker because if there is a second attacker, they will hit you from behind. I teach to take care of the attacker quickly, turn and step out so you can see if there is another attacker. Turn bac to make sure the attacker is down and then get out of there. Very simple. I have 12 simple grab hold defenses that I teach. Within each one, there are several moves, kicks, strikes or punches they learn while defending themselves. In about a month, they know these 12. But, they also know about 100 individual strikes, kicks and foot work techniques. This is what I call Whole to Part learning. Same with the non-grab attack defenses using the PNZ Rule. I also don't teach punches and kicks individually. I have sets of kicks they learn so that in one set, there may be 4 or different kicks and punches. That way, they learn how to do them but in a sequence. Most Kung Fu systems do the same thing. So does Kenpo Karate which is a Korean style of actually Kung Fu. They even call their teachers Sifu instead of Sensi.

Now, as far as why no Kung Fu people are doing MMA question. That was answered in the videos. But, since you didn't watch because you think you know everything, the reason is quite simple. The techniques are mostly not allowed in MMA. Can't kick to the groin, poke the eyes out and many other techniques. No heart stopping strikes to the chest and stuff like that. Kung Fu, Wing Chun and arts like that can't be used in MMA.

You need to watch Tim Larkin.......he explains injury not arts....if I could imvst the time to train with him I would.....i would not have wasted my time in the other arts to the extent I did and I lived those arts at the time.

You have to fight in a manner that suits your physical abilities. I'm six foot two and used to be built like a linebacker. The army taught me to get in close and use my size and power to neutralize the little fast guys that otherwise could dance around and take me apart from a distance. I'm not an expert, but that worked against the DIs who trained us. A Green Beret that was my size taught me that after another DI had beaten me as an example to the class (being the biggest guy around is often a detriment to your health).

One thing I learned playing football that applies to fighting is that no matter how big someone is, taking out their legs puts them on the ground relatively helpless. I learned that from smaller guys trying to tackle me by hitting me high. I used to shoestring players bigger than me and it always worked IF I could hit them. That's always the disadvantage of being a big guy, small people are almost always faster than you are. Getting in close negates that advantage. Of course, getting in close to someone who knows how to fight can be a real problem since he can back away faster than you can close.
That's what I have tried to tell him. I will say that Kung Fu has the advantage with what you are saying because there are different systems for the differences that people have. I'm more of a direct go for it Tiger style because I'm more short and stocky. Another person my height may be very flexible and can dance on my head with kicks and stay at a distance from me. The Kung Fu system I learned and do and teach has moves for all physical abilities. Karate, not so much. You learn the same things and the bigger fighter has an advantage.

My Sifu's Sifu taught the military during the Korean War. He taught for smaller persons to get inside the bigger person's range of power and strike the soft areas like the groin, eyes, neck pressure points and things like that. Sounds good theoretically. To do it, you have to be quick and I was quick. If I was up against a black belt who could use their legs, it was a tough nut for me to crack.

Self Defense is a much different thing than sparring and MMA. Normally, the attacker has no knowledge that their victim can defend themselves. That gives the advantage to the victim if they are ready for an attack. So, with self defense, I would also teach how to be aware of our surroundings as not to get attacked off guard. You find stunts in football are maneuvers to catch the opponents off guard. Experience helps to prepare for stunts and it helps with street fights or muggings as well. I taught a self defense class at a local Catholic high school where I was teaching math and coaching as well. I taught the class for 2 years. I would take the class into the girls rooms because they way the stalls were set up, I could have students hiding in them and then have students walk through and jump out at them. That class fun for the first year and a half until the administration started using it for a dumping ground for nitwits and we had to end it. Two of my girl students during the summer said when they went to Europe they used the self awareness and some techniques to stop muggers.

Thanks for sharing...

You need to watch Tim Larkin.......he explains injury not arts....if I could imvst the time to train with him I would.....i would not have wasted my time in the other arts to the extent I did and I lived those arts at the time.
Depends on the school you go to as well. Some schools are very traditional and many students want to learn to fight. There are schools that teach only fighting and none of the traditional aspects of the Martial Arts. My system was more of learning how to defend against attacks and do it quickly and effectively, which my system does. However, just focusing in on the fighting gets old after a while too. I found myself learning other techniques that you would never use in a street fight. I got a chance to work out with the Black Karate Federation a few times (I'm white) and some of their kicks included some gymnastics and great flexibility. I've never been very flexible so doing some of those kicks led to some knee injuries. The torque was intense. As you go up in rank, you will always learn new techniques as well.

So, it's not a waste of time in the long run. If you want to get involved with MMA, then train in a school for MMA fighter. If you want to be a boxer, then train at a boxing school. If you want to learn self defense, stay away from flowery technique school in both Kung Fu and Karate. But, as I said, after a while, it will get old and then be flexible with your learning or you will just quit. I will say this, if you want to learn a lot of kicks and punches in a short period of time and be able to defend yourself quickly, karate is not the way to go. Kung Fu is much better for that. So is MMA. But, thanks for sharing.

Thats why I like tim larkin.....he shows how the injuries actually effect people in real world encounters...and he defintwly promotes the idea of never, ever lay a hand on anyone except for life or death
Guys like Tim Larkin are just gimmick teachers. There are a bunch of them. Its not as though he wont be able to give you some decent fighting tips, but he isnt training real killers. His students are all beginners who dont know anything. He has never produced a world champion fighter. Credentials matter a lot in martial arts. If he doesnt have any elite students, then how good of a teacher can he really be?

If you want to learn stuff as a hobby, go ahead, there is nothing wrong with that, but a hobbyist instructor is not an authority on fighting. The best martial arts teachers do not spend their time on youtube. They are WAY too busy for that.

Rule of thumb for old timers... forget everything you knew and learned before the year 2000. Virtually all of it is horseshit. That is a tough pill to swallow for most people, but i swallowed it years ago. Tae Kwon Do is a middling tier martial art at best. Thats what i wasted my time with. I had to come to terms with that. Its going to be even harder for kung fu guys because kung fu is COMPLETE horseshit. The stance is retarded, the offense is retarded, the entire art is just stupid and useless.

So, my first line of defense is to defend quickly and forcefully and get out of there. Kick the knees out. It only takes 7 pounds of pressure on the side of the knee to tear tendons and ligaments. A small child can easily get to the side and kick with 7 pounds of pressure.
This is the stuff im talking about. You heard someone make this claim and you have undoubtedly repeated that claim many times, but is it true? Where is your evidence?

In MMA it is totally legal to kick people in the knee and they do it OFTEN. Youll see it nonstop throughout fights. They kick at the side of the knee and they do front kicks to the front of their opponents knee. I have NEVER seen a fight get finished by a single knee kick. NEVER. That doesnt mean its impossible, it just means that its HIGHLY improbable.

Your advice is based on myths.

Last edited:
At one time there were over 10,000 kicks, punches and techniques. Now, there are about 80 that are solely for self defense and fighting.
^ Another untrue statement. I know where this myth came from, but i bet you dont.

Bruce Lee - "Dont fear the man who knows 10,000 kicks, fear the man who practiced 1 kick 10,000 times"

He wasnt being literal. There have never been 10,000 kick variants. Yeah, i know about the history of martial arts too, not just modern martial arts. I am a fan of fighting so i put in the time to learn about many things related to the subject. I actually did my homework.

Last edited:
Guys like Tim Larkin are just gimmick teachers. There are a bunch of them. Its not as though he wont be able to give you some decent fighting tips, but he isnt training real killers. His students are all beginners who dont know anything. He has never produced a world champion fighter. Credentials matter a lot in martial arts. If he doesnt have any elite students, then how good of a teacher can he really be?

If you want to learn stuff as a hobby, go ahead, there is nothing wrong with that, but a hobbyist instructor is not an authority on fighting. The best martial arts teachers do not spend their time on youtube. They are WAY too busy for that.

Rule of thumb for old timers... forget everything you knew and learned before the year 2000. Virtually all of it is horseshit. That is a tough pill to swallow for most people, but i swallowed it years ago. Tae Kwon Do is a middling tier martial art at best. Thats what i wasted my time with. I had to come to terms with that. Its going to be even harder for kung fu guys because kung fu is COMPLETE horseshit. The stance is retarded, the offense is retarded, the entire art is just stupid and useless.
If you want to learn street fighting and dirty fighting, Bas Rutten is the guy you want to watch. He has MANY videos and they are very entertaining to watch. Bas is funny, but he is also a former world champion who is FAMOUS for getting into legendary street fights. His fights made it into the newspapers because they were so epic.

Last edited:
If you want to know why i even care to push this hard on the kung fu debate, here is why...

I believed ALL that kung stuff in the 80's, and even the 90's. I was CONNED into believing horseshit. It pisses me off and i will forever have hold a grudge for that. I want the world to know the truth.

I did the homework for everyone. I watched every kind of fight you can imagine and i watched a lot of them. I know what works and what doesnt work, generally speaking. But you dont need me to tell you what the UFC already proved. If it works, MMA fighters use it, if it doesnt work they dont use it. No one uses kung fu.

Last edited:
This is the stuff im talking about. You heard someone make this claim and you have undoubtedly repeated that claim many times, but is it true? Where is your evidence?

In MMA it is totally legal to kick people in the knee and they do it OFTEN. Youll see it nonstop throughout fights. They kick at the side of the knee and they do front kicks to the front of their opponents knee. I have NEVER seen a fight get finished by a single knee kick. NEVER. That doesnt mean its impossible, it just means that its HIGHLY improbable.

Your advice is based on myths.
What do you mean? Like I said, you took a few classes and called yourself a brown belt. I know that is not true. You probably learned fro a book only. Myself, I received my black belt and was in Wado Ki Karate for 5 years. During that time, the instructor had us go to Go Ju Karate and Kenzenichi Karate. 5 years and a black belt duffus. Then, I switched to a style based in Kung Fu but took only the self defense techniques. I’ve been a Sifu for 48 years in this system. So, you have no authority or knowledge to contradict me.
Your statement that you have never seen a fight end in a single knee kick? How many fights have you seen? And not tournament crap. I mean street fight. Do you have any idea of how many fights happen every day around the world? You are an insane jerk. In MMA and full contact karate or kick boxing, kicks directly to the knee are not allowed. However, Perhaps if you learned from me, you would have won your fights instead of losing all of them and ended up with dementia.

^ Another untrue statement. I know where this myth came from, but i bet you dont.

Bruce Lee - "Dont fear the man who knows 10,000 kicks, fear the man who practiced 1 kick 10,000 times"

He wasnt being literal. There have never been 10,000 kick variants. Yeah, i know about the history of martial arts too, not just modern martial arts. I am a fan of fighting so i put in the time to learn about many things related to the subject. I actually did my homework.
You can’t read either. Do you see the commas? 10,000 kicks, punches and TECHNIQUES which includes balance training, blindfold fighting forms and a lot more. And, for a brown belt explaining Bruce Lee, no one believes your garbage. You have no knowledge about the history of martial arts. You just google to respond. But with 53 years experience, I know you don’t know anything. You are a duffus phony. You have no knowledge of the damage each punch, kick, strike, knee, elbow to every part of the body.
Have you had a knee injury? ACLs require no pressure from a blow to the knee. 7 pounds of pressure to the side of the knee. There goes your ability to stand. Fight over.
The more you respond to a 50 year instructor with your nonsense the worse you look. Go crawl back under your rock and stop bs ing people.

What do you mean? Like I said, you took a few classes and called yourself a brown belt. I know that is not true. You probably learned fro a book only. Myself, I received my black belt and was in Wado Ki Karate for 5 years. During that time, the instructor had us go to Go Ju Karate and Kenzenichi Karate. 5 years and a black belt duffus. Then, I switched to a style based in Kung Fu but took only the self defense techniques. I’ve been a Sifu for 48 years in this system. So, you have no authority or knowledge to contradict me.
Your statement that you have never seen a fight end in a single knee kick? How many fights have you seen? And not tournament crap. I mean street fight. Do you have any idea of how many fights happen every day around the world? You are an insane jerk. In MMA and full contact karate or kick boxing, kicks directly to the knee are not allowed. However, Perhaps if you learned from me, you would have won your fights instead of losing all of them and ended up with dementia.
Everything you said is wrong. First off, it doesnt matter how much experience you have in training bullshido because, the end resilt is you learned a bunch of bullshit.

How many street fights have i seen? I never counted, but hundreds i would assume. I seek them out on the internet all the time. If its on youtube, there is a decent chance that ive seen it.

Kicks to the knee are absolutely allowed in MMA and kickboxing. Kickboxers spend most of their time kicking their opponents legs. Again you have no idea what youre talking about.

Last edited:
You can’t read either. Do you see the commas? 10,000 kicks, punches and TECHNIQUES which includes balance training, blindfold fighting forms and a lot more. And, for a brown belt explaining Bruce Lee, no one believes your garbage. You have no knowledge about the history of martial arts. You just google to respond. But with 53 years experience, I know you don’t know anything. You are a duffus phony. You have no knowledge of the damage each punch, kick, strike, knee, elbow to every part of the body.
Have you had a knee injury? ACLs require no pressure from a blow to the knee. 7 pounds of pressure to the side of the knee. There goes your ability to stand. Fight over.
The more you respond to a 50 year instructor with your nonsense the worse you look. Go crawl back under your rock and stop bs ing people.
No, there have never been 10,000 kicks and punches. Thats absurd.

And, for a brown belt explaining Bruce Lee, no one believes your garbage. You have no knowledge about the history of martial arts. You just google to respond.
Brown belts dont know as much about Bruce Lee as black belts? Are you retarded bro?

I dont need google for shit. I have more than enough fighting knowledge in my head to handle any weird crap that you say. :laugh:

Everything you said is wrong. First off, it doesnt matter how much experience you have in training bullshido because, the end resilt is you learned a bunch of bullshit.

How many street fights have i seen? I never counted, but hundreds i would assume. I seek them out on the internet all the time. If its on youtube, there is a decent chance that ive seen it.

Kicks to the knee are absolutely allowed in MMA and kickboxing. Kickboxers spend most of their time kicking their opponents legs. Again you have no idea what youre talking about.
Why do you respond? You have no experience. Probably never been in a real fight either. 53 years experience vs No experience. Who should you listen to? Yourself? :laughing0301:
The more words you say the less your words count.

Forum List

Back