Harris County, TX grand jury declines to charge customer who shot, killed robber during taqueria heist

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia

HOUSTON – A Harris County grand jury has declined to file charges against a man who shot and killed a robber who was believed to have been armed during a taqueria heist in southwest Houston in 2023.

According to District Attorney Kim Ogg, jurors “no billed” the shooter, who was a customer at the El Ranchito restaurant on South Gessner on Jan. 5, 2023, when 30-year-old Eric Eugene Washington entered the restaurant and robbed several customers. The shooting was captured on security video.

ATHNZXASHNHFFM64VUJPCHLPJE.png

I'm surprised since it was Harris County.....The only tragedy is they took 12 months to figure this out.

Very good shoot. The perp was out on bond, previously sent to the pen for participating in a deadly robbery. Sorry that he couldn’t have been raised to be a better person, but an adult who goes around robbing people at gunpoint got what he deserves.

HOUSTON – A Harris County grand jury has declined to file charges against a man who shot and killed a robber who was believed to have been armed during a taqueria heist in southwest Houston in 2023.

According to District Attorney Kim Ogg, jurors “no billed” the shooter, who was a customer at the El Ranchito restaurant on South Gessner on Jan. 5, 2023, when 30-year-old Eric Eugene Washington entered the restaurant and robbed several customers. The shooting was captured on security video.

I'm surprised since it was Harris County.....The only tragedy is they took 12 months to figure this out.

Very good shoot. The perp was out on bond, previously sent to the pen for participating in a deadly robbery. Sorry that he couldn’t have been raised to be a better person, but an adult who goes around robbing people at gunpoint got what he deserves.

i really don't mind when you guys shoot criminals, but i am a little concerned that a wild shot might endanger the waitress or that appearances might lead to a split second decision to shoot the wrong guy.

As long as he was an active threat that's all good.

As long as he was an active threat that's all good.
classic defense of self and other from deadly force.

hate to watch the damn thing. did he break the "code of the west" by shooting the perp in the back?

hate to watch the damn thing. did he break the "code of the west" by shooting the perp in the back?
Yes, but he was still threatening other people and the "hero" is a Texan, after all.

Rittenhouse rules apply more and more across America, as gun related crime escalates past the police's ability to control the situations that endanger their own lives.

The risk has become unacceptable to police and citizens are feeling forced to resort to vigilantism.

Gun related violence in America will spiral more out of control accordingly.

Rittenhouse rules apply more and more across America, as gun related crime escalates past the police's ability to control the situations that endanger their own lives.

The risk has become unacceptable to police and citizens are feeling forced to resort to vigilantism.

Gun related violence in America will spiral more out of control accordingly.
Wait, I thought the narrative is that violent crime is down now because reasons and Biden.

Wait, I thought the narrative is that violent crime is down now because reasons and Biden.
Rittenhouse rules apply, as is demonstrated with this example. American citizens in large numbers are fantasizing over having an opportunity to kill another American.

This is the instructions they need to make it safe for them. You're going to come to understand the reason why more civilized countries don't give free rein to vigilante justice.

America's justice system could become swamped with cases of trying to decide who's the good guy and who's the bad guy, or who shot first?

It's a whole new experiment that's not been tried in any other modern civilized country and so there will be questions to answer that can't be answered by a shooter's skin colour.

In any case, this is a great opportunity to discuss the vigilante issue that's becoming more prominent.

Rittenhouse rules apply, as is demonstrated with this example. American citizens in large numbers are fantasizing over having an opportunity to kill another American.
That's not in evidence and is obviously a lame attempt on your part to read minds. If they were, we would see it happening all over the place, but we're not. We're seeing mentally ill people shooting others.
This is the instructions they need to make it safe for them. You're going to come to understand the reason why more civilized countries don't give free rein to vigilante justice.
Really? We haven't been seeing it happen. On the contrary, we're seeing the mentally ill shooting up the place until they get stopped.
America's justice system could become swamped with cases of trying to decide who's the good guy and who's the bad guy, or who shot first?
Could become? We're not seeing it.
It's a whole new experiment that's not been tried in any other modern civilized country and so there will be questions to answer that can't be answered by a shooter's skin colour.
Intent matters. Let us know when a flood of legal gun owners suddenly start shooting people.
In any case, this is a great opportunity to discuss the vigilante issue that's becoming more prominent.
We're not seeing that.

The Code of the West [And you're required to tip your hat every time someone says “The Code of the West”] is that if someone kills your brother, you're obligated to find out who killed him, and kill that person. It applies even if your brother was some lowly subhuman piece of criminal shit that needed to be killed.

The most definitive reference on The Code of the West is a 1954 movie titled Red Garters. Alas, I cannot find any account on the Internet that gives any synopsis of this move that isn't terribly incorrect, nor any that give a reasonable account of The Code of the West as defined in this movie.

I guess the only way that anyone can ever truly understand The Code of the West is to directly view the entire movie. In my opinion, it is very well worth watching.

I was hoping, at the every least, to be able to find a video online, of the part where The Code of the West is explained, but I have been completely unable to do so.

Best I can do is this video of a striptease that Rosemary Clooney performs, in the movie, while singing the title song of the movie.

The Code of the West [And you're required to tip your hat every time someone says “The Code of the West”] is that if someone kills your brother, you're obligated to find out who killed him, and kill that person. It applies even if your brother was some lowly subhuman piece of criminal shit that needed to be killed.

The most definitive reference on The Code of the West is a 1954 movie titled Red Garters. Alas, I cannot find any account on the Internet that gives any synopsis of this move that isn't terribly incorrect, nor any that give a reasonable account of The Code of the West as defined in this movie.

I guess the only way that anyone can ever truly understand The Code of the West is to directly view the entire movie. In my opinion, it is very well worth watching.

I was hoping, at the every least, to be able to find a video online, of the part where The Code of the West is explained, but I have been completely unable to do so.

Best I can do is this video of a striptease that Rosemary Clooney performs, in the movie, while singing the title song of the movie.

thanks i'm still looking for a list that i had a few years ago that was so close i could hear my grampa's voice. this is much the same but like #7 "work hard " is a little more western saying "ride for the brand." instead

1704428847483.png

thanks i'm still looking for a list that i had a few years ago that was so close i could hear my grampa's voice. this is much the same but like #7 "work hard " is a little more western saying "ride for the brand." instead

View attachment 883595

A made-up code from Hollywood's fictionalized image of a “Cowboy”, far removed from any Real World concepts of cowboyhood.

Not to say that it's not a good code, in its own right. The fictionalized Hollywood “cowboy”, as a heroic role model for young boys, made a good vehicle by which to deliver a code of good ethical principles. But it is not, never was, and never will be, the genuine instance of The Code of the West.

Red Garters remains •THE• definitive reference on the true version of The Code of the West.

Forum List

Back