Bats drop dead from trees: Australia sizzles under record heat

Who in the hell do you think you are?
I'm the one debunking the retarded lies and oil corp propaganda that retards like you post, freefrombrains.

Consider yourself nagged, Rolling Thunder. You don't call good people nasty names here or anywhere else. Got it?
LOLOLOLOL.....a "nagging" troll, that's a new one....and so confused too....you see, I do, in fact, get to call the retarded dupes and paid agents who are pushing the self-serving propaganda of the fossil fuel industry anything that I want to call them. So, get fucked up the ass, you brainless piece of shit.

I'm going to nag you every time I see you doing that again.
Wooooeeee, big threat, you got me shaking in my boots......LOLOLOLOLOLOL.....

Just because you don't respect yourself...
Just because I respect the virtually unanimous testimony of the world's climate scientists as to the grave dangers posed to our world, our civilization and all of the other life forms on this planet by anthropogenic global warming, and just because I'm smart, sane and rational enough to understand the vast amounts of evidence scientists have accumulated supporting AGW, I heartily despise all of the gullible retards like you who are endangering everybody (and all of our descendants), plus everything else of value on this world, for the sake of the profits of the fossil fuel industry and in support of some crazy political ideology.

You are a criminally clueless retard and dupe, freefrombrains. As well as a stupid POS.
You really think the more 4-letter words you use on other posters, you have diminished them, don't you.
No, freefrombrains, I think they, and you, diminish yourselves by stooging for the fossil fuel industry and their profits in your moronic rejection of the conclusions of the experts on the climate and atmospheric physics. Personally, I just enjoy pointing out how irrational, illogical, dishonest and retarded you denier cultists are and treating you like the criminally irresponsible dupes and paid trolls that you are.

Oh, and BTW, take your amateur psychoanalysis and shove it up your ass, freefrombrains.

I'm the one debunking the retarded lies and oil corp propaganda that retards like you post, freefrombrains.

LOLOLOLOL.....a "nagging" troll, that's a new one....and so confused too....you see, I do, in fact, get to call the retarded dupes and paid agents who are pushing the self-serving propaganda of the fossil fuel industry anything that I want to call them. So, get fucked up the ass, you brainless piece of shit.

Just because I respect the virtually unanimous testimony of the world's climate scientists as to the grave dangers posed to our world, our civilization and all of the other life forms on this planet by anthropogenic global warming, and just because I'm smart, sane and rational enough to understand the vast amounts of evidence scientists have accumulated supporting AGW, I heartily despise all of the gullible retards like you who are endangering everybody (and all of our descendants), plus everything else of value on this world, for the sake of the profits of the fossil fuel industry and in support of some crazy political ideology.

You are a criminally clueless retard and dupe, freefrombrains. As well as a stupid POS.
You really think the more 4-letter words you use on other posters, you have diminished them, don't you.
No, freefrombrains, I think they, and you, diminish yourselves by stooging for the fossil fuel industry and their profits in your moronic rejection of the conclusions of the experts on the climate and atmospheric physics. Personally, I just enjoy pointing out how irrational, illogical, dishonest and retarded you denier cultists are and treating you like the criminally irresponsible dupes and paid trolls that you are.

Oh, and BTW, take your amateur psychoanalysis and shove it up your ass, freefrombrains.
"Wooooeeee, big threat, you got me shaking in my boots ...... LOLOLOLOLOLOL .....
Big threat, RollingThunder? What threat?

Paranoid much?
You are a criminally clueless retard and dupe, freefrombrains. As well as a stupid POS
Criminal? no
Retard? no, top woman student in my college at university
Dupe? no, nobody's fool
POS? no, I'm a charity worker.

You, OTOH, aren't doing very well as a self-important visionary. ;)

And you are naïve enough to think that saying something pulled out of the air must be a believable fact to your followers, if you have any, that is.

And you're too retarded to comprehend the fact that Australia just had its hottest year on record, spring, summer, fall and winter combined. In 2012, the USA had its hottest year on record. Are you now going to explain how the USA is 76% desert?
No, it's pretty plain you're the only retarded person here.

The fact that I just kicked your dumb ass again makes it "plain" that I'm the retard? LOLOLOLOL.....you are a real hoot, walleyed....

Dude, you're so dumb you couldn't kick your own ass much less mine. Let me know when you graduate 3rd grade.

Pretty much every winter the denier cult dingbats idiotically scream that "it's so cold where I am therefore global warming must be a hoax", stupidly ignoring that "global" actually means global. Nitwit deniers on this forum have started threads like "where's my global warming?". Get a clue, denier cult fools, more places around the world are unusually hot than unusually cold. For example, as mentioned in this very recent article, Australia and Brazil are both cooking at a 120 degrees or more. I'm not sure how many of these denier cultists have ever experienced temperatures rising to 120 or 122 degrees for days in a row but, the way the world is warming, they soon will.

The heat wave in Australia has taken a toll on wildlife, with bats dropping from trees and kangaroos collapsing

The Seattle Times
By ROD McGUIRK - The Associated Press
January 9, 2014
(excerpts)
CANBERRA, Australia — Bats are dropping from trees, kangaroos are collapsing in the Outback and gardens are turning brown. While much of North America freezes under record low temperatures, the Southern Hemisphere is experiencing the opposite extreme as heat records are being set in Australia after the hottest year ever. Weather forecasters in Australia said some parts of the sparsely populated Pilbara region along the rugged northwest coast were approaching 122 degrees Fahrenheit on Thursday. Since Dec. 27, records have been set at 34 locations across Australia — some by large margins — where temperature data has been collected for at least 40 years mostly in Queensland and New South Wales states. Brazil is also sizzling, with the heat index reaching 120 Fahrenheit.

The heat wave in Australia has taken a toll on wildlife. In Winton, famous for being one of the hottest spots in Queensland and where Australia’s unofficial anthem, “Waltzing Matilda,” was penned, a large number of parrots, kangaroos and emus have recently been found dead, said Tom Upton, chief executive of Winton Shire Council. At least 50,000 bats had been killed by the heat in the state’s southeast, said Louise Saunders, president of the Queensland animal-welfare group Bat Conservation and Rescue. Heat-stressed bats — including the black flying foxes, little red flying foxes and the endangered gray-headed flying foxes — cling to trees and urinate on themselves in a bid to reduce their body temperatures, she said. “As they succumb, they just fall in heaps at the base of trees,” Saunders said. “You can have 250 or more ... all dying at the base of trees.”

you do realize that when it is winter here....it is summer there.
You do realize (it was mentioned in the article above) that 2013 was the hottest year on record in Australia. The current heat wave there is a continuation of that and isn't just a seasonal shift. BTW, have you ever tried to function when the temperature is 120 or 122 degrees?

Also mentioned:

record high of 123.3 F was set in 1960 in Oodnadatta, South Australia state.
So, the cooling trend has been going on for the past 54 years.

:eusa_eh:

Why?

you do realize that when it is winter here....it is summer there.
You do realize (it was mentioned in the article above) that 2013 was the hottest year on record in Australia. The current heat wave there is a continuation of that and isn't just a seasonal shift. BTW, have you ever tried to function when the temperature is 120 or 122 degrees?

Also mentioned:

Why?
He apparently did not know Australia's official records only go back to '57, and thinks every bump and blip on the thermostat down under is anthropogenic pandemonium. :rolleyes:

Also mentioned:

Why?
He apparently did not know Australia's official records only go back to '57, and thinks every bump and blip on the thermostat down under is anthropogenic pandemonium. :rolleyes:

:eek:

Aboriginals didn't keep accurate records????!!!!!

Crikey, Mate!

I'll see your bats and raise you 400 humans..

Europe cold: Death toll from Europe?s cold snap hits 400 as explosive experts called in to break up Serbian ice | National Post

Around 400 people have now died from the cold weather in Europe since the cold snap began 11 days ago.

While there was some respite for people in Ukraine — where more than 130 deaths have been recorded — the mercury plunged overnight to minus 39.4 degrees Celsius in the Kvilda region of the Czech Republic.

More bodies were found either on the streets, in their cars or in their homes in Germany, Greece, Italy, Poland, Hungary and across the Balkans.

yeah, I know that was from 2012.. But for this juvenile game youre playing, it legal money..

Next hand.. ill deal.

Professor Sian Griffiths, president of the Faculty of Public Health, which sets and maintains professional standards in public health, said: "A high proportion of preventable illness and deaths in the UK is caused by people living in damp and cold housing.

"If we see much more of the cold weather of recent days, it is likely that as many as 50,000 people will die unnecessarily over this winter. This is a tragedy in terms of human life and also creates a huge - and preventable - strain on the NHS.

"The UK remains one of the worst countries in the world at coping with unseasonable low temperatures. Although the Government has shown commitment to tacking the problem, it has not given sufficient priority to such an important public health issue and its approach remains far too uncoordinated.

"All of us must be vigilant at the moment to look out for family, friends and neighbours who may be suffering. Often fatal illnesses develop two or three days after a cold snap has finished."

It is estimated that there are 8,000 extra deaths for every one degree Celsius the temperature is below the winter average.

Read more:*Deaths from cold 'to hit 2,500' | Mail Online
Follow us:*@MailOnline on Twitter*|*DailyMail on Facebook

Didya get that? 1degree of GW can SAVE up to 8000 people per year in GB ALONE..

You like this game Princess? More your speed than the hard science stuff?
You guys are boring the shit out of me....

Really dumb numbers. You see, the 2003 heat wave in Europe has that beat by several orders of magnitudes.

Plan B Updates - 56: Setting the Record Straight - More than 52,000 Europeans Died from Heat in Summer 2003 | EPI

Setting the Record Straight: More than 52,000 Europeans Died from Heat in Summer 2003
Janet Larsen
Following a string of high heat days and meteorologists’ warnings that this summer could be another scorcher, European public health officials and politicians are revisiting the devastating heat wave of 2003. The severely hot weather that withered crops, dried up rivers, and fueled fires that summer took a massive human toll. The full magnitude of this quiet catastrophe still remains largely an untold story, as data revealing the continent-wide scale have only slowly become available in the years since. All in all, more than 52,000 Europeans died from heat in the summer of 2003, making the heat wave one of the deadliest climate-related disasters in Western history.

Temperature records were broken in a number of countries in 2003 as Europe experienced its hottest weather in at least 500 years. The unusually warm weather began in June and culminated in an unrelenting heat wave during the first two weeks of August. With both daytime and nighttime temperatures remaining high, large numbers of vulnerable people, particularly the elderly, succumbed to the baking heat.

Hospitals were faced with unusually large burdens, and undertakers and funeral homes were overwhelmed. In France, doctors’ warnings of a heat epidemic were largely quashed with the Ministry of Health’s refusal to acknowledge the massive problem, reminiscent of the early political denial of the 1995 Chicago heat wave that killed more than 700 people in a matter of days. But as the bodies piled up, requiring makeshift morgues, “ignore and neglect” was no longer a viable option

No, it's pretty plain you're the only retarded person here.

The fact that I just kicked your dumb ass again makes it "plain" that I'm the retard? LOLOLOLOL.....you are a real hoot, walleyed....

Dude, you're so dumb you couldn't kick your own ass much less mine. Let me know when you graduate 3rd grade.

Now Westwall, you cried and whined about my 'abusive' posts. Here you are doing the same.

Now Westwall, you cried and whined about my 'abusive' posts. Here you are doing the same.

No, I suggested that if you were to refrain from insults so would I. I know that trolling blunder is too limited in his abilities (though I made the suggestion to him too) to think there was a chance in hell but I made the effort anyway.

I would love to see some legit discussion about the issues without the 3rd grade insults. blunder is hopeless bit I had hoped better of you.

Put another way, I treat people like they treat me.

I'll see your bats and raise you 400 humans..

Europe cold: Death toll from Europe?s cold snap hits 400 as explosive experts called in to break up Serbian ice | National Post

Around 400 people have now died from the cold weather in Europe since the cold snap began 11 days ago.

While there was some respite for people in Ukraine — where more than 130 deaths have been recorded — the mercury plunged overnight to minus 39.4 degrees Celsius in the Kvilda region of the Czech Republic.

More bodies were found either on the streets, in their cars or in their homes in Germany, Greece, Italy, Poland, Hungary and across the Balkans.

yeah, I know that was from 2012.. But for this juvenile game youre playing, it legal money..

Next hand.. ill deal.

Professor Sian Griffiths, president of the Faculty of Public Health, which sets and maintains professional standards in public health, said: "A high proportion of preventable illness and deaths in the UK is caused by people living in damp and cold housing.

"If we see much more of the cold weather of recent days, it is likely that as many as 50,000 people will die unnecessarily over this winter. This is a tragedy in terms of human life and also creates a huge - and preventable - strain on the NHS.

"The UK remains one of the worst countries in the world at coping with unseasonable low temperatures. Although the Government has shown commitment to tacking the problem, it has not given sufficient priority to such an important public health issue and its approach remains far too uncoordinated.

"All of us must be vigilant at the moment to look out for family, friends and neighbours who may be suffering. Often fatal illnesses develop two or three days after a cold snap has finished."

It is estimated that there are 8,000 extra deaths for every one degree Celsius the temperature is below the winter average.

Read more:*Deaths from cold 'to hit 2,500' | Mail Online
Follow us:*@MailOnline on Twitter*|*DailyMail on Facebook

Didya get that? 1degree of GW can SAVE up to 8000 people per year in GB ALONE..

You like this game Princess? More your speed than the hard science stuff?
You guys are boring the shit out of me....

Really dumb numbers. You see, the 2003 heat wave in Europe has that beat by several orders of magnitudes.

Plan B Updates - 56: Setting the Record Straight - More than 52,000 Europeans Died from Heat in Summer 2003 | EPI

Setting the Record Straight: More than 52,000 Europeans Died from Heat in Summer 2003
Janet Larsen
Following a string of high heat days and meteorologists’ warnings that this summer could be another scorcher, European public health officials and politicians are revisiting the devastating heat wave of 2003. The severely hot weather that withered crops, dried up rivers, and fueled fires that summer took a massive human toll. The full magnitude of this quiet catastrophe still remains largely an untold story, as data revealing the continent-wide scale have only slowly become available in the years since. All in all, more than 52,000 Europeans died from heat in the summer of 2003, making the heat wave one of the deadliest climate-related disasters in Western history.

Temperature records were broken in a number of countries in 2003 as Europe experienced its hottest weather in at least 500 years. The unusually warm weather began in June and culminated in an unrelenting heat wave during the first two weeks of August. With both daytime and nighttime temperatures remaining high, large numbers of vulnerable people, particularly the elderly, succumbed to the baking heat.

Hospitals were faced with unusually large burdens, and undertakers and funeral homes were overwhelmed. In France, doctors’ warnings of a heat epidemic were largely quashed with the Ministry of Health’s refusal to acknowledge the massive problem, reminiscent of the early political denial of the 1995 Chicago heat wave that killed more than 700 people in a matter of days. But as the bodies piled up, requiring makeshift morgues, “ignore and neglect” was no longer a viable option

That was a single year. EVERY YEAR 36,000 die in the UK alone form cold. So let's see here.....36,000 times 10 years is 360,000. How many died from heat in that same ten year period?

I'm going to nag you every time I see you doing that again.

Big threat, RollingThunder? What threat? Paranoid much?

Are you really that retarded? Did you forget what you said? LOLOL. And no, I'm definitely not "paranoid" about you "nagging" me, little retard.

Pretty much every winter the denier cult dingbats idiotically scream that "it's so cold where I am therefore global warming must be a hoax", stupidly ignoring that "global" actually means global. Nitwit deniers on this forum have started threads like "where's my global warming?". Get a clue, denier cult fools, more places around the world are unusually hot than unusually cold. For example, as mentioned in this very recent article, Australia and Brazil are both cooking at a 120 degrees or more. I'm not sure how many of these denier cultists have ever experienced temperatures rising to 120 or 122 degrees for days in a row but, the way the world is warming, they soon will.

The heat wave in Australia has taken a toll on wildlife, with bats dropping from trees and kangaroos collapsing

The Seattle Times
By ROD McGUIRK - The Associated Press
January 9, 2014
(excerpts)
CANBERRA, Australia — Bats are dropping from trees, kangaroos are collapsing in the Outback and gardens are turning brown. While much of North America freezes under record low temperatures, the Southern Hemisphere is experiencing the opposite extreme as heat records are being set in Australia after the hottest year ever. Weather forecasters in Australia said some parts of the sparsely populated Pilbara region along the rugged northwest coast were approaching 122 degrees Fahrenheit on Thursday. Since Dec. 27, records have been set at 34 locations across Australia — some by large margins — where temperature data has been collected for at least 40 years mostly in Queensland and New South Wales states. Brazil is also sizzling, with the heat index reaching 120 Fahrenheit.

The heat wave in Australia has taken a toll on wildlife. In Winton, famous for being one of the hottest spots in Queensland and where Australia’s unofficial anthem, “Waltzing Matilda,” was penned, a large number of parrots, kangaroos and emus have recently been found dead, said Tom Upton, chief executive of Winton Shire Council. At least 50,000 bats had been killed by the heat in the state’s southeast, said Louise Saunders, president of the Queensland animal-welfare group Bat Conservation and Rescue. Heat-stressed bats — including the black flying foxes, little red flying foxes and the endangered gray-headed flying foxes — cling to trees and urinate on themselves in a bid to reduce their body temperatures, she said. “As they succumb, they just fall in heaps at the base of trees,” Saunders said. “You can have 250 or more ... all dying at the base of trees.”

Deaths from cold 'to hit 2,500'
More than 2,500 people in England and Wales are likely to perish from cold in the week leading up to Christmas, experts said today.
The forecast from the Faculty of Public Health and Met Office comes amid renewed concern over the plight of the poor and vulnerable during cold snaps.
Each winter, a larger proportion of Britons die because of unseasonable cold weather than in either Finland or Russia.
An estimated 40,000 more people die between December and March in the UK than would be expected from death rates during other times of the year.
More than half the deaths are due to heart attacks, strokes and circulatory problems and a third from lung disease. When the temperature suddenly plummets, as it has this weekend, the danger is even more acute.

Deaths from cold 'to hit 2,500' | Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Also mentioned:

Why?

:eek:

Aboriginals didn't keep accurate records????!!!!!

Crikey, Mate!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You know, there have been some discounting of legends and genealogies handed down over centuries of time...

Big threat, RollingThunder? What threat? Paranoid much?

Are you really that retarded? Did you forget what you said? LOLOL. And no, I'm definitely not "paranoid" about you "nagging" me, little retard.
You're truly one who should not speak until spoken to, sugarlips. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back