Bands that went to hell....

Styx.
A band I thought of as legendary until Mr. Roboto on the Kilroy album.
And no one could convince DeYoung of this fact.
He had the idea to produce 30 minute long acts during concerts and even when the crowd was loudly booing and throwing objects he still maintained it was awesome.

Rolling Stones, IMHO, is the greatest overrated band in history.
I say that with their album Some Girls is one of my all time favorites.
If people hear Rolling Stones on the radio, to this day, virtually all of it is off of one of three albums...
Some Girls 1978
Black and blue 1976
Tattoo You 1981
Other than those three albums, everything else may have had one minor hit with the rest of the album - pure junk.
The Stones have produced some great stuff but unless you're up there in age & remember what they were doing going back to the 60's you don't hear it because FM radio sucks to high heaven with a playlist that hasen't changed practically in 20 years & a good percentage of it is overplayed crap from the likes of Boston, Aerosmith & Journey. I do a lot of driving & I never listen to FM anymore because it blows.

The Stones have produced some great stuff but unless you're up there in age & remember what they were doing going back to the 60's you don't hear it because FM radio sucks to high heaven with a playlist that hasen't changed practically in 20 years & a good percentage of it is overplayed crap from the likes of Boston, Aerosmith & Journey. I do a lot of driving & I never listen to FM anymore because it blows.
Our local classic rock station suffers that. It's like these bands all had three songs since that is all the radio will play.
Those same songs will play several times a day also.

Sorry to the Queen fans, but if I hear Bohemian Rhapsody one more time, I just might lose my shit.:102:

Our local classic rock station suffers that. It's like these bands all had three songs since that is all the radio will play.
Those same songs will play several times a day also.

Sorry to the Queen fans, but if I hear Bohemian Rhapsody one more time, I just might lose my shit.:102:
Personally, to me Queen sucked.

but they never recreated Toys in the Attic and Rocks.

Why on earth would you want them to?

If I want to listen to an artist rehash their old music on new albums I'll listen to Nickelback.

I want to hear something that sounds different, even if it's not the best a band has ever done. Being critical of Aerosmith for not "recreating" "Toys In The Attic" is silly. It's one of the greatest rock albums ever produced. A relative few albums ever get referred to as such.

Is "Janie's Got A Gun" as good as "Walk This Way"? Yeah, probably not. But that doesn't mean it's a bad song...

Why on earth would you want them to?

If I want to listen to an artist rehash their old music on new albums I'll listen to Nickelback.

I want to hear something that sounds different, even if it's not the best a band has ever done. Being critical of Aerosmith for not "recreating" "Toys In The Attic" is silly. It's one of the greatest rock albums ever produced. A relative few albums ever get referred to as such.

Is "Janie's Got A Gun" as good as "Walk This Way"? Yeah, probably not. But that doesn't mean it's a bad song...
Janie's got a gun is a horrible song. If Tyler wanted to make a song that highlights his aging voice - this was the right song for that.
It is also too poppy and corny.
And when I said recreating Toys in the Attic etc. I thought it was pretty clear I was referring to the QUALITY of the music, not rehashing the same stuff, with half the song singing the chorus lines over and over and over.
In Jamie's got a gun - they said that line 16 times. Toys in the Attic - 8. Last Child - 6.
Modern Aerosmith is like filler songs. Throw something together and repeat the tempo 12 times.

Janie's got a gun is a horrible song. If Tyler wanted to make a song that highlights his aging voice - this was the right song for that.
And when I said recreating Toys in the Attic etc. I thought it was pretty clear I was referring to the QUALITY of the music, not rehashing the same stuff, with half the song singing the chorus lines over and over and over.
In Jamie's got a gun - they said that line 16 times. Toys in the Attic - 8. Last Child - 6.
Modern Aerosmith is like filler songs. Throw something together and repeat the tempo 12 times.

Well, it hit #4 on the Billboard 100, so there's no shortage of people who disagree with you...

Well, it hit #4 on the Billboard 100, so there's no shortage of people who disagree with you...
Yeah and loud orange/yellow plaid wallpaper use to be very popular in kitchens. Didn't change the fact it looked like hell.
Also... the Kardashians have some of the highest followers in the world on social media... so what the majority likes is, in no way, an indication of quality.

Yeah and loud orange/yellow plaid wallpaper use to be very popular in kitchens. Didn't change the fact it looked like hell.
Also... the Kardashians have some of the highest followers in the world on social media... so what the majority likes is, in no way, an indication of quality.

Absolutely.

But we're talking about nothing more than opinions here, and the fact remains is that your opinion seems to be a bit outweighed...

Janie's got a gun is a horrible song.
Why?

What makes it a "horrible" song?

If Tyler wanted to make a song that highlights his aging voice - this was the right song for that.

What makes a "good" voice?

I say he sounded fine on "Janie's got a gun."

LOL

What makes music "quality?"

If you're looking for musical quality, you might try "Yes," or "Kansas."

Forum List

Back