Austin company looking to dock paychecks for those receiving stimulus checks

Not paying people for their labor is theft.
It is always the ultimate goal of capitalism. Meanwhile:

1585420657695.png

He refuses to name the company...

Makes me suspect it could be bullshit. We'll have to wait to see. I would imagine if it's not BS, then the name of company will be outted pretty quickly. No way an entire company would share this guy's desire to not name the company. If he remains the only person, then it has to be nonsense.
And we all know we'd never be lied into wars repeatedly.

I hope more companies start doing this. It disgusts me to see so many people getting free money that they didn't earn.

Source: KXAN-TV, Austin, TX

AUSTIN (KXAN) – Mar 27, 2020 / 07:07 PM CDT While Congress was working out the details on a bill that would provide Americans with stimulus checks, at least one Austin company was looking for ways to save payroll.

“The form says they are preemptively deducting funds from our paychecks. That number is based on what they’re anticipating the government relief fund to be,” a worker for the company told KXAN. The worker asked not to be identified in this investigation so as not to impact his company’s ability to continue doing business. The worker asked not to be identified in the report, but provided KXAN a copy of the paycheck reduction letter his company emailed out on March 25, 2020.

The worker said his company emailed a form titled “Employee Acknowledgement of ‘Government Assistance’ Pay Reduction” to some staffers on Wednesday. “In response to the economic crisis that is affecting all of us due to the coronavirus pandemic…(company name redacted) are hereby enacting the Employee Emergency Compensation Fund,” the letter stated.

The agreement would put workers under a “temporary compensation reduction that is in line with the assistance that it receives from the federal government related to the COVID-19 pandemic.” By signing the agreement, the company’s employees would have their paychecks between April 6 and April 20 cut by 100% of any money received under the stimulus bill. The company would also take half of the $500 stipend allotted for dependents under the bill.

Read more: Austin company looking to dock paychecks for those receiving stimulus checks

It's not really free money. It's your income tax money.

People who don't pay any taxes are also getting the check. 44% of Americans do not pay any federal income tax. They get their money back for various reasons. Those 44% of Americans are getting at least $1,200. I am certain if these losers are complaining about not getting $1,200 then they are likely the low-income economic freeloaders who don't pay taxes. The only people who should be getting assistance are those who have paid at least $10,000 in taxes. Everyone else has taken enough without giving anything back.

I couldn't get past the lie in the first sentence. I stopped reading there. Once I read a lie I stop reading. There's no reason to waste my time reading more, I no longer believe one word of the rest that's posted.

The only way a person will get one of those checks is if they filed income taxes for income years 2018 and 2019. If you didn't file taxes those years you won't get anything.

If when you filed in those years and didn't end up owing any money that means the person lives below the poverty line even though they work. No one should be poverty when they are working. Employers have been allowed to pay slave wages to workers while those at the top and stockholders walk away with millions.

Those working poor still need to pay rent, buy food, clothes etc. They still have children to take are of too. If they don't get those checks they go on welfare, get housing assistance, food stamps and medicaid.

Heaven forbid that someone below the poverty line gets some help through this hard time. I guess you believe all the help should have gone to those who don't need it and shouldn't be getting it. By the way, those people are getting billions. Not just a lousy 1200 bucks once.

You do realize that 1200 payment is a one time thing don't you?

This is going to be a clusterfuck

people who were not working did not lose a job and are entitled to nothing

those with a job should get the regular unemployment insurance they were entitled to and nothing more

Do you have any idea how low unemployment insurance is?

This is a stimulus, not unemployment!

Do me a favor! Send me your check! PM me for the address.
all the more reason to put them back to work sooner rather than later

now a significant number will sit on their butts the entire four months at full pay

Where did you get 4 months?

Why are you pulling shit out of your ass?
It was reported 4 months at FULL pay

that means a four moth vacation for some people

maybe even most people since the ambitious ones will work under the table

those with a job should get the regular unemployment insurance they were entitled to and nothing more

Do you have any idea how low unemployment insurance is?

This is a stimulus, not unemployment!

Do me a favor! Send me your check! PM me for the address.
all the more reason to put them back to work sooner rather than later

now a significant number will sit on their butts the entire four months at full pay

Where did you get 4 months?

Why are you pulling shit out of your ass?
It was reported 4 months at FULL pay

that means a four moth vacation for some people

maybe even most people since the ambitious ones will work under the table

Where in the hell did you get that idea? Have you gone full libtard and starting pulling shit out of your ass?

In a historic expansion of unemployment insurance, the federal government would give jobless workers an extra $600 a week on top of their state benefits for four months as part of the $2 trillion stimulus bill the Senate passed unanimously late Wednesday night.
"It has unemployment insurance on steroids," Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer said Tuesday of the package. "But, and most importantly, the federal government will pay your salary, your full salary for now four months."
While the extra money in the legislation wouldn't fully replace the lost wages of some higher-paid workers, it would significantly add to everyone's regular state benefits, which range from $200 to $550 a week, on average, depending on the state.

Schumer said it...........but it is NOT FULL SALARY....unless it's the lower end workers.

Last edited:
Well, the 600 a week on 40 is equal to $15 an hour while sitting at home.......As the Article states Unemployment Benefits will Range from $200 to $550 a week.

I Got Sent home NO PAY...as a matter of Fact OVER A THOUSAND were sent home MOST NO PAY......

2 to 8 weeks is all we know...........I make more than Unemployment and the Fed combined...........Just let me GO BACK TO FREAKING WORK........

I hope more companies start doing this. It disgusts me to see so many people getting free money that they didn't earn.

AUSTIN (KXAN) – Mar 27, 2020 / 07:07 PM CDT While Congress was working out the details on a bill that would provide Americans with stimulus checks, at least one Austin company was looking for ways to save payroll.

“The form says they are preemptively deducting funds from our paychecks. That number is based on what they’re anticipating the government relief fund to be,” a worker for the company told KXAN. The worker asked not to be identified in this investigation so as not to impact his company’s ability to continue doing business. The worker asked not to be identified in the report, but provided KXAN a copy of the paycheck reduction letter his company emailed out on March 25, 2020.

The worker said his company emailed a form titled “Employee Acknowledgement of ‘Government Assistance’ Pay Reduction” to some staffers on Wednesday. “In response to the economic crisis that is affecting all of us due to the coronavirus pandemic…(company name redacted) are hereby enacting the Employee Emergency Compensation Fund,” the letter stated.

The agreement would put workers under a “temporary compensation reduction that is in line with the assistance that it receives from the federal government related to the COVID-19 pandemic.” By signing the agreement, the company’s employees would have their paychecks between April 6 and April 20 cut by 100% of any money received under the stimulus bill. The company would also take half of the $500 stipend allotted for dependents under the bill.

Read more: Austin company looking to dock paychecks for those receiving stimulus checks

How are they gonna know the worker got that?

The article says the company is emailing an "Employee Emergency Compensation Fund" form. It also notes, "The agreement, if signed, would also allow the company to continue the salary cuts indefinitely."

So? Just don't sign it.

You, uh, do realize that regardless what this company (or any company) does, that check still goes to the worker, right?

Well, the 600 a week on 40 is equal to $15 an hour while sitting at home.......As the Article states Unemployment Benefits will Range from $200 to $550 a week.

I Got Sent home NO PAY...as a matter of Fact OVER A THOUSAND were sent home MOST NO PAY......

2 to 8 weeks is all we know...........I make more than Unemployment and the Fed combined...........Just let me GO BACK TO FREAKING WORK........

This was Schumer's attempt to poison pill the bill. I don't believe this passed. If it did, that is news to everyone.

This was Schumer's attempt to poison pill the bill. I don't believe this passed. If it did, that is news to everyone.
It passed.......an is on unemployment.

(1)
Federal Pandemic Unemployment Compensation

Any agreement under this section shall provide that the State agency of the State will make payments of regular compensation to individuals in amounts and to the extent that they would be determined if the State law of the State were applied, with respect to any week for which the individual is (disregarding this section) otherwise entitled under the State law to receive regular compensation, as if such State law had been modified in a manner such that the amount of regular compensation (including dependents’ allowances) payable for any week shall be equal to—

(A)
the amount determined under the State law (before the application of this paragraph), plus

(B)
an additional amount of $600 (in this section referred to as Federal Pandemic Unemployment Compensation).

(2)
Allowable methods of payment

Any Federal Pandemic Unemployment Compensation provided for in accordance with paragraph (1) shall be payable either—

(A)
as an amount which is paid at the same time and in the same manner as any regular compensation otherwise payable for the week involved; or

(B)
at the option of the State, by payments which are made separately from, but on the same weekly basis as, any regular compensation otherwise payable.

He refuses to name the company...

Makes me suspect it could be bullshit. We'll have to wait to see. I would imagine if it's not BS, then the name of company will be outted pretty quickly. No way an entire company would share this guy's desire to not name the company. If he remains the only person, then it has to be nonsense.

Something sounds a little fishy with this story. An anonymous person talking about an anonymous company. If this company is as large as the person says it is, then it will have to be revealed at some point, especially from somebody that already lost their job at the company and would have no fear going to the media.

If it is true, the company would be mud to people. Nobody would want to deal with them when this all blows over. We never experienced a pandemic like this before, and people are pretty sensitive about it.

And that's fine if you feel that way, however the way to resolve that is on election day--not a company doing it for you.

The wage set between the employee and employer is a verbal contract, unless it's written in a general contract. Either way, it's a contract. If I'm working for a company, and I hit a lottery jackpot of 250K, the company has no right to deduct that 250K from me because they feel it's free money I shouldn't have.

I'm not so sure. Working or not, I don't know anyone who hasn't been hurt big by this. This company has a legal obligation to PAY its employees for the hours they worked. The fact that the fed is giving people a tiny stimulus check to help out is irrelevant to them. When banks and auto companies got a HUGE stimulus check from Obama, I didn't hear about anyone stopping using their banks or not buying their cars.

Last edited:
I say give each person 2400 instead of 1200...extend unemployment to six months. The american worker is the hardest working in the world. Give them their due.

Forum List

Back