House approves increasing stimulus checks to $2,000 for Americans, sends bill to Senate

Hopefully there'll be no party poopers in the Senate.

I want the $600 and $2000 check.

I need me a $25,000 refrigerator filled with $40 / gallon ice cream like Nancy.
Hey, say what you want, but pelosi just made jennis ice cream a lot of money. I myself and going to try it some day, there is a whole foods near me that sells it.

I'm genuinely curious what $12/pint ice cream tastes like, and if its worth it :D

The senate won't go for this....

The Republicans in the Senate suffer from severe TDS and just may go along with it rather than have Trump.....[shuddering at the thought]....TWEET something bad about them.
The house left the foreign aid in and so I don't see the senate upping the relief payout....
Separate bill.

Geeze you people.....

shhh don't tell these clowns that they might have to do a little research, on second thought nah. Brand new bill.

Of course they won’t. Senate Republicans didn’t want any relief funding. Attaching it to the spending bill was the only way to get them to vote on any relief at all. $600 is all they could get.
The Republicans have blocked it all year.

Oh, I dunno... I mean... after all... their Orange Baboon-God Master himself has asked this of them...

The Dems want it fer shure...

And do these Pubs really want to be seen in public as refusing to provide more ADEQUATE relief to the American People during this crisis?

ESPECIALLY after large numbers of their Republican counterparts in the House have ALREADY climbed on-board that train?

------------

I smell a Bipartisan Victory for the Little Guy in the air... :cool:

The House on Monday approved giving Americans weathering the coronavirus pandemic $2,000 stimulus checks, substantially boosting payments from the $600 checks that were set to be given out as part of a COVID-19 relief package that President Donald Trump signed into law Sunday evening.

The bill, which passed in a 275 - 134 vote, needed the support of two-thirds of House members present — a feat hard to reach in such a divided Washington. Republicans did not whip or pressure lawmakers on vote, leaving it up to members to decide on the bill's fate after House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif., last week blocked a unanimous consent request by Democrats to increase stimulus checks to $2,000.

Moscow Mitch won't have it.

He may not, but all Republican Senators are now going to be on the record. No way to avoid it. Anybody who votes against this, not only goes against their party leader (Trump) but also will be seen as not caring about their constituents.
You gotta love Trump. He and Nancy just "bleeped" Mitch up good! :)

Of course they won’t. Senate Republicans didn’t want any relief funding. Attaching it to the spending bill was the only way to get them to vote on any relief at all. $600 is all they could get.
If we didnt have BLUE STATE LOCKDOWNS unemployment would be at 3% and there would be no need to bankrupt the country.

I thought you leftists complained about all the money being spent during Trumps 4 years.

Could you please quit being such damn hypocrites?

If we didnt have BLUE STATE LOCKDOWNS unemployment would be at 3% and there would be no need to bankrupt the country.

I thought you leftists complained about all the money being spent during Trumps 4 years.

Could you please quit being such dumb hypocrites?
None of that changes the fact that Republicans are responsible for the lack of timely relief funding.

The House on Monday approved giving Americans weathering the coronavirus pandemic $2,000 stimulus checks, substantially boosting payments from the $600 checks that were set to be given out as part of a COVID-19 relief package that President Donald Trump signed into law Sunday evening.

The bill, which passed in a 275 - 134 vote, needed the support of two-thirds of House members present — a feat hard to reach in such a divided Washington. Republicans did not whip or pressure lawmakers on vote, leaving it up to members to decide on the bill's fate after House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif., last week blocked a unanimous consent request by Democrats to increase stimulus checks to $2,000.

Moscow Mitch won't have it.
I dont blame AMERICA FIRST Mitch.
Gotta quit sending billions to our enemies (Biden's friends)

They already voted on the spending bill and Trump signed it.

The Republicans in the Senate suffer from severe TDS and just may go along with it rather than have Trump.....[shuddering at the thought]....TWEET something bad about them.
The house left the foreign aid in and so I don't see the senate upping the relief payout....
Huh? I thought that this was a stand-alone bill? Trump signed the Chrono relief bill with the foreign aid in it already..btw...plenty of Republicans are behind that foreign aid as well..just sayin'~

Huh? I thought that this was a stand-alone bill? Trunp signed the Chrono relief bill with the foreign aid in it already..btw...plenty of Republicans are behind that foreign aid as well..just sayin'~
That's right but the house wanted to amend the bill and up the payouts to $2000 but they didn't remove the pork so the senate won't go for it....Trump is worried about the aide to restaurant and bar owners and those types of shut down small businesses...so he held his nose and signed it....
Joe didn't want the extra handout either by the way.....

the result is that red states have more virus spread

There is virtually NO DIFFERENCE between the FREE states and the LOCKDOWN states.

In other threads I pointed this out in the comparison of lockdown Michigan and relatively free Indiana

There is virtually NO DIFFERENCE between the FREE states and the LOCKDOWN states.

In other threads I pointed this out in the comparison of lockdown Michigan and relatively free Indiana

bullshit
F2.large.jpg

You believe that because you're to fucking stupid to understand science.

bullshit
F2.large.jpg

Indiana has 2/3 the population of michigan.

Indiana has 2/3 the covid deaths of Michigan

bullshit
F2.large.jpg

And, Cuomo's New York has double the population of Michigan with FOUR TIMES THE COVID DEATHS

bullshit
F2.large.jpg

And, Cuomo's New York has double the population of Michigan with FOUR TIMES THE COVID DEATHS

NYC has almost as much of the population of Michigan all packed into one small area.

bullshit
F2.large.jpg

NYC has almost as much of the population of Michigan all packed into one small area.

Sucks to be New York. That has been a blue state solution for a long time. Herd the masses into the cities and give the "fly over country" back to nature.

Blue state solutions have always been a failure. Kinda like putting covid patients in with the most vulnerable. Honestly, even a moron could have predicted what would happen

Forum List

Back