Austin company looking to dock paychecks for those receiving stimulus checks

Getting your tax money back is good news. As for those who did not earn the money getting it, still better stimulus than the last one.

I say give each person 2400 instead of 1200...extend unemployment to six months. The american worker is the hardest working in the world. Give them their due.

Our national debt is 22 trillion dollars. This 2 trillion will make it 24, and the damage is far from over. Our due? What about the due to the people that are someday going to have to repay this debt?

Well I trust Trump and he's not too worried about it, why should we Ray?

Because each generation (used to be) strived to make a better country and world for the next generation. What happened to all that?

The unemployment in my state (if you made a livable income) is close to $500.00 a week. Of course, they deduct taxes out of that. But take that $500.00, and add the federal contribution of another $600.00, that's comparable to somebody making about 70K a year before taxes.

The federal contribution goes for a maximum of four months. So in that four months time, people will be getting $1,100.00 a week in my state. Who wants to go back to work living like that?

This is going to be a clusterfuck

people who were not working did not lose a job and are entitled to nothing

those with a job should get the regular unemployment insurance they were entitled to and nothing more

Do you have any idea how low unemployment insurance is?

This is a stimulus, not unemployment!

Do me a favor! Send me your check! PM me for the address.
all the more reason to put them back to work sooner rather than later

now a significant number will sit on their butts the entire four months at full pay

Where did you get 4 months?

Why are you pulling shit out of your ass?
It was reported 4 months at FULL pay

that means a four moth vacation for some people

maybe even most people since the ambitious ones will work under the table

Where in the hell did you get that idea? Have you gone full libtard and starting pulling shit out of your ass?
Its true

4 months unemployment at full pay

Well sending people back to work too soon means they may get sick. I do not condone forcing people to work as the number of cases is increasing. Lives are more important than debt. And if Trump thought this would as bad he would not have pushed for it. If it takes 4 months then pay the people for four months.

This is going to be a clusterfuck

people who were not working did not lose a job and are entitled to nothing

those with a job should get the regular unemployment insurance they were entitled to and nothing more
I'm not so sure. Working or not, I don't know anyone who hasn't been hurt big by this. This company has a legal obligation to PAY its employees for the hours they worked. The fact that the fed is giving people a tiny stimulus check to help out is irrelevant to them. When banks and auto companies got a HUGE stimulus check from Obama, I didn't hear about anyone stopping using their banks or not buying their cars.
$6 trillion is not a tiny stimulus

and yes I know know all of it is going directly to workers

Its funny that during a health situation some of you are still stuck on "people gotta be working" and welfare. That supercedes safety. That's messed up.

Well sending people back to work too soon means they may get sick. I do not condone forcing people to work as the number of cases is increasing. Lives are more important than debt. And if Trump thought this would as bad he would not have pushed for it. If it takes 4 months then pay the people for four months.

I have no problem helping people, but that's just going a little overboard. And for you to suggest the stimulus should be double, is irresponsible for our grandchildren or perhaps great grandchildren. Somebody is going to have to pay this money back, or be faced with a national collapse. My suggestion is that we help people who need help, but we can't sacrifice our solvency in the process.

Our solvency will be fine. Our POTUS was instrumental in this and he has zero problem signing the bill. You want people to pay bills and rent and eat then send the $$$. This may very well not be the end of $$$ given out. The virus is just getting going.

I hope more companies start doing this. It disgusts me to see so many people getting free money that they didn't earn.

Source: KXAN-TV, Austin, TX

AUSTIN (KXAN) – Mar 27, 2020 / 07:07 PM CDT While Congress was working out the details on a bill that would provide Americans with stimulus checks, at least one Austin company was looking for ways to save payroll.

“The form says they are preemptively deducting funds from our paychecks. That number is based on what they’re anticipating the government relief fund to be,” a worker for the company told KXAN. The worker asked not to be identified in this investigation so as not to impact his company’s ability to continue doing business. The worker asked not to be identified in the report, but provided KXAN a copy of the paycheck reduction letter his company emailed out on March 25, 2020.

The worker said his company emailed a form titled “Employee Acknowledgement of ‘Government Assistance’ Pay Reduction” to some staffers on Wednesday. “In response to the economic crisis that is affecting all of us due to the coronavirus pandemic…(company name redacted) are hereby enacting the Employee Emergency Compensation Fund,” the letter stated.

The agreement would put workers under a “temporary compensation reduction that is in line with the assistance that it receives from the federal government related to the COVID-19 pandemic.” By signing the agreement, the company’s employees would have their paychecks between April 6 and April 20 cut by 100% of any money received under the stimulus bill. The company would also take half of the $500 stipend allotted for dependents under the bill.

Read more: Austin company looking to dock paychecks for those receiving stimulus checks

It's not really free money. It's your income tax money.

People who don't pay any taxes are also getting the check. 44% of Americans do not pay any federal income tax. They get their money back for various reasons. Those 44% of Americans are getting at least $1,200. I am certain if these losers are complaining about not getting $1,200 then they are likely the low-income economic freeloaders who don't pay taxes. The only people who should be getting assistance are those who have paid at least $10,000 in taxes. Everyone else has taken enough without giving anything back.
Taking advantage of the tax code to get refunds =/= being a loser. Families following the law and tax codes do not need your asinine judgment

Dumbest shit I've read all week.

At this point, people getting sick are the least of our concerns. The lives of no one is worth the destroying the economy. We can easily handle and accept a few million people dying from this, but there is no way our economy will survive this 2 trillion dollar handout. I am all for helping out the institutions that are suffering. As a result of people refusing to work because they selfishly believe their health and well-being should take precedence over the health of the economy, these people will not be receiving a paycheck. Which in turns means they will not pay their rent and other bills. Companies are going to lose a lot of money writing this debt off and going to court for evictions and collections. It's not their burden to bear, and the US government should back them up. If they fail then everyone fails. This money we're handing out to people should be going to these companies, or better yet to build the wall that would have prevented this from getting here in the first place.

There needs to be a way for localities to opt-out their residents. I know if I could I would opt-out my entire city from getting this. I already have started building a website that will be used to compel and shame people into donating their stolen stimulus check to a church or to a group like the NRA.

I hope more companies start doing this. It disgusts me to see so many people getting free money that they didn't earn.

AUSTIN (KXAN) – Mar 27, 2020 / 07:07 PM CDT While Congress was working out the details on a bill that would provide Americans with stimulus checks, at least one Austin company was looking for ways to save payroll.

“The form says they are preemptively deducting funds from our paychecks. That number is based on what they’re anticipating the government relief fund to be,” a worker for the company told KXAN. The worker asked not to be identified in this investigation so as not to impact his company’s ability to continue doing business. The worker asked not to be identified in the report, but provided KXAN a copy of the paycheck reduction letter his company emailed out on March 25, 2020.

The worker said his company emailed a form titled “Employee Acknowledgement of ‘Government Assistance’ Pay Reduction” to some staffers on Wednesday. “In response to the economic crisis that is affecting all of us due to the coronavirus pandemic…(company name redacted) are hereby enacting the Employee Emergency Compensation Fund,” the letter stated.

The agreement would put workers under a “temporary compensation reduction that is in line with the assistance that it receives from the federal government related to the COVID-19 pandemic.” By signing the agreement, the company’s employees would have their paychecks between April 6 and April 20 cut by 100% of any money received under the stimulus bill. The company would also take half of the $500 stipend allotted for dependents under the bill.

Read more: Austin company looking to dock paychecks for those receiving stimulus checks
Ah crapitalism strikes again. Greedy national corporations insure their CEO's and presidents and VP's get MILLIONS in bonuses but how DARE a worker get a little more money!

Ah crapitalism strikes again. Greedy national corporations insure their CEO's and presidents and VP's get MILLIONS in bonuses but how DARE a worker get a little more money!

Those so-called "greedy" CEOs and VPs are the ones who make our country great. Without them then we would not have the successful economy we have now, and none of us would have jobs. We owe everything we have to these company executives. While everyone seems only concerned to the elderly, sick, and other vulnerable people at this time, I am most worried for these CEOs and VPs. I can only imagine the stress they are experiencing, and it brings tears to my eyes knowing how much they must be suffering. I am torn between donating my stimulus check to Paula White Ministries or to a random CEO of a multinational corporation. I might make it into a whole production by live-streaming myself pulling a name from a hat. If I do it on youtube then everyone can participate by paying money to send a message via 'superchat'. The money earned from that can be added to the total donation. Sadly people are too selfish and greedy to worry about anyone but themselves, and will likely not follow my lead.

Those so-called "greedy" CEOs and VPs are the ones who make our country great. Without them then we would not have the successful economy we have now, and none of us would have jobs. We owe everything we have to these company executives. While everyone seems only concerned to the elderly, sick, and other vulnerable people at this time, I am most worried for these CEOs and VPs. I can only imagine the stress they are experiencing, and it brings tears to my eyes knowing how much they must be suffering. I am torn between donating my stimulus check to Paula White Ministries or to a random CEO of a multinational corporation. I might make it into a whole production by live-streaming myself pulling a name from a hat. If I do it on youtube then everyone can participate by paying money to send a message via 'superchat'. The money earned from that can be added to the total donation. Sadly people are too selfish and greedy to worry about anyone but themselves, and will likely not follow my lead.

If you're going to do anything with that check, put it in the stock market to help make America strong again. It will benefit you and all Americans who's life investment is in that market.

Our solvency will be fine. Our POTUS was instrumental in this and he has zero problem signing the bill. You want people to pay bills and rent and eat then send the $$$. This may very well not be the end of $$$ given out. The virus is just getting going.

We have one of the worst problems in my state, and already they are seeing signs of flat-lining.

What choice did Trump have but to sign a bill that the Democrats stalled with stuffed pork for over a week? People need money, and they need it now. I don't agree with it either. I don't think unemployment recipients should get an extra $600.00 a week on top of their states unemployment. I don't think that everybody should get a stimulus check; only those who were affected by this pandemic.

At this point, people getting sick are the least of our concerns. The lives of no one is worth the destroying the economy. We can easily handle and accept a few million people dying from this, but there is no way our economy will survive this 2 trillion dollar handout. I am all for helping out the institutions that are suffering. As a result of people refusing to work because they selfishly believe their health and well-being should take precedence over the health of the economy, these people will not be receiving a paycheck. Which in turns means they will not pay their rent and other bills. Companies are going to lose a lot of money writing this debt off and going to court for evictions and collections. It's not their burden to bear, and the US government should back them up. If they fail then everyone fails. This money we're handing out to people should be going to these companies, or better yet to build the wall that would have prevented this from getting here in the first place.

There needs to be a way for localities to opt-out their residents. I know if I could I would opt-out my entire city from getting this. I already have started building a website that will be used to compel and shame people into donating their stolen stimulus check to a church or to a group like the NRA.

That is not true.
Bush added $5 trillion to the national debt, and it was not a total disaster.
And this is to prevent evictions, deaths, companies going under, etc.
We can not survive as a country without the bailouts.
All the government is doing is organizing the loan collectively.
This is not wasteful spending, but a good investment that will save lots of companies, homes, and money in the long run.
With interest rates being near 0%, there is no reason not to borrow this money.

We have one of the worst problems in my state, and already they are seeing signs of flat-lining.

What choice did Trump have but to sign a bill that the Democrats stalled with stuffed pork for over a week? People need money, and they need it now. I don't agree with it either. I don't think unemployment recipients should get an extra $600.00 a week on top of their states unemployment. I don't think that everybody should get a stimulus check; only those who were affected by this pandemic.

Everyone was effected by this pandemic.
If they are not essential they are forced to not work, and if they are essential, they are being badly over worked.
And the stimulus is not $1200 per week, but a one shot payment only.
There could be more, but right now it only looks like everyone will only get one check.

Forum List

Back