Atheism And Ceasing To Exist Oblivion.

What is "it"? Ding, I sometimes think you are intentionally vague,. to leave yourself plenty of wiggle room.
I wasn't being vague. You were the one who wanted to make it about God in post #60. You were the one who changed subjects and accused me of what you had done.

• Funny
Reactions: cnm
The point still stands... how do you know that life after death isn't made manifest by belief in life after death or belief in God?

You were the one who wanted to make it about God in post #60
Well thats a shameless.little ding lie, as anyone can scroll up and see for themselves. In your typical style. I was talking about afterlife, assuming you were as well. Then you switched lanes to "god". So i said okay, then god it is.

Then you come back with "it" again.

So...what is "it"? Simple question.

The point still stands... how do you know that life after death isn't made manifest by belief in life after death or belief in God?
Oh so now "it" is the afterlife again. I will try to keep up with your slippery ways.

I don't know that it isn't. I just have no reason to think it is true. And every reason to think it is a childish fantasy.

Well thats a shameless.little ding lie, as anyone can scroll up and see for themselves. In your typical style. I was talking about afterlife, assuming you were as well. Then you switched lanes to "god". So i said okay, then god it is.

You are having a bad day.

Oh so now "it" is the afterlife again. I will try to keep up with your slippery ways.

I don't know that it isn't. I just have no reason to think it is true. And every reason to think it is a childish fantasy.
It's both. Why are you having so much trouble with this?

Does it disturb you to be granted your wish? Why would you care?

Which post number would you like me to look at?

I think you should look at posts #59 and #60.

It's both. Why are you having so much trouble with this?

Does it disturb you to be granted your wish? Why would you care?
I don't much care. I discarded it as a childish fantasy long ago. Still a decent topic of discussion once in a while.

I don't much care. I discarded it as a childish fantasy long ago. Still a decent topic of discussion once in a while.
That's interesting because in post #60 you said that would be immoral.

What if God, afterlife, consciousness after death are only manifested because one believes in them?

What if those that don't believe in an eternal life in communion with God get their wish and don't get an eternal life in communion with God?

What would be wrong with that?

I think I will just let you marinate on that one see if you can figure it out yourself.
I think you are the one who needs to marinate on it because it seems to have stumped you.

Let's say you had a child that you gave everything to and he leaves home and has no desire to have a relationship with you. Would it be immoral to not give him an inheritance?

Or maybe it's that you feel entitled and that those that give out gifts are immoral if they withhold their gifts from you - who shows no appreciation for what he was given - but not others that show their appreciation. Is that it?

I think you are the one who needs to marinate on it because it seems to have stumped you.
So you are asserting that I can't explain my own opinion because I won't explain it to you. That's a pretty childish bit of illogic you have there, ding. That doesn't give me much hope for you figuring it out for yourself

So you are asserting that I can't explain my own opinion because I won't explain it to you. That's a pretty childish bit of illogic you have there, ding. That doesn't give me much hope for you figuring it out for yourself
I am asserting that I backed you into a corner of your own making that you can't get out of.

It seems that you want to have it both ways. To not believe in God or be thankful for sharing in his existence but be given a hall pass for your failure to do so. You don't have an argument against God granting you your wish to be left alone because there is none. It would be entirely up to you.

I am asserting that I backed you into a corner of your own making that you can't get out of.
Yes, your self-aggrandizing and self-soothing theater is always expected. I know it is chiefly for your own benefit, so i don't take it personally

Yes, your self-aggrandizing and self-soothing theater is always expected. I know it is chiefly for your own benefit, so i don't take it personally
Bringing you face to face with your incongruity was for your benefit.

Again... what would be wrong with it? Nothing.

Forum List

Back