Assault Rifle

Never stop projecting, do you? Where did the post tell anyone else how to live?

How about the title of your OP. You are saying that me, a non-traditional group (at least now. 100 years ago we were the norm) have no right to like the things that I do, and further, you then claimed that it is a mental illness to care about them. That's a progressive tactic you know. Classify those they don't like as mentally ill so you can then murder them.

Typical behavior for you types.

So, you associate with the profile mentioned? Because nothing in the post was directed at anyone in particular. Also, I am a singular, not a plural, and refer to you the same way. I don't put you in a group or category, because I don't know you. I see your posts, and you do some far out generalizing, projecting and accusing, but you're just spouting off on a thread, so it doesn't mean much. But, I still use respectful verbiage, don't I?
You won't find a post where I wanted a ban. You won't find a post where I wanted to seize anyone's private property. You won't find a post where I expressed a wish for anything other than the maximum of adult freedom. You will find posts where I've spoken about firearms as a subject of discussion, talked about those I've owned, even traded advice about pros and cons of models. But, because some of what I've said in some of the posts you've seen don't toe the line, the predictable forms and phrases of a specific view, you've cast me as someone, or rather some thing, you know.
Why am I bothering with this long response to someone who doesn't respect me and probably doesn't care what I think or say?
That's a question, alright.

So, you associate with the profile mentioned? Because nothing in the post was directed at anyone in particular. Also, I am a singular, not a plural, and refer to you the same way. I don't put you in a group or category, because I don't know you. I see your posts, and you do some far out generalizing, projecting and accusing, but you're just spouting off on a thread, so it doesn't mean much. But, I still use respectful verbiage, don't I?
You won't find a post where I wanted a ban. You won't find a post where I wanted to seize anyone's private property. You won't find a post where I expressed a wish for anything other than the maximum of adult freedom. You will find posts where I've spoken about firearms as a subject of discussion, talked about those I've owned, even traded advice about pros and cons of models. But, because some of what I've said in some of the posts you've seen don't toe the line, the predictable forms and phrases of a specific view, you've cast me as someone, or rather some thing, you know.
Why am I bothering with this long response to someone who doesn't respect me and probably doesn't care what I think or say?
That's a question, alright.

Oh please. Your quote "The problem is not the arm or arms, it is psychology. The excessive fascination with these military style rifles indicates an unhealthy fetishism. A semi-auto 30.06 deer rifle just doesn't look 'bad', but it will sure enough kill at 600 meters and much further in the right hands." is pretty plain for anyone to understand. You whine about me not caring what you say yet you tar every AR owner as a mental deviant, and you think I am going to just take that without comment? How fucking stupid are you?

Stupid enough to respond to someone as undeserving as you.
Read again, if English is your language. The EXCESSIVE FASCINATION! I didn't say every owner of this arm was this way, I said that the excessive fascination with it was a problem. Maybe you do have that problem, since you associate with the neutral statement.
Don't call other people stupid.

Read again, if English is your language. The EXCESSIVE FASCINATION! I didn't say every owner of this arm was this way, I said that the excessive fascination with it was a problem. Maybe you do have that problem, since you associate with the neutral statement.

Bull puckey. You are the typical arrogant progressive who thinks you know more than anybody else. You don't. You use big words without fully understanding their meaning, and then when called out on it you resort to simple bluster and deflection. You're the epitome of the pseudo intellectual.

No, you cannot fire off 30 shots in 10 seconds but even if you could?

[...]
It is possible to fire 30 semi-auto shots in ten seconds but not with any degree of aimed or pointed accuracy. The only useful purpose of such desperate action would be to stop or slow the advance of a closing mob.

I have no problem with it because we have a bigger problem and it's called "da gubermint" that is staging false flag events in order to set the stage for totally disarming the public because your beloved "gubermint" has some plans for us that we are not gonna like. These bullshit fake shootings and staged events are so poorly pulled off that you could drive a tank through the official stories and since the Smith-Mundt Act no longer applies, they can do this staged events legally. Crisis actors that sign non-disclosure agreements for this really bad theater and stupid fucks like you eat it up like manna from heaven.
Specifically what staged, false-flag and fake shooting events are you referring to?

No, you cannot fire off 30 shots in 10 seconds but even if you could?

[...]
It is possible to fire 30 semi-auto shots in ten seconds but not with any degree of aimed or pointed accuracy. The only useful purpose of such desperate action would be to stop or slow the advance of a closing mob.

I have no problem with it because we have a bigger problem and it's called "da gubermint" that is staging false flag events in order to set the stage for totally disarming the public because your beloved "gubermint" has some plans for us that we are not gonna like. These bullshit fake shootings and staged events are so poorly pulled off that you could drive a tank through the official stories and since the Smith-Mundt Act no longer applies, they can do this staged events legally. Crisis actors that sign non-disclosure agreements for this really bad theater and stupid fucks like you eat it up like manna from heaven.
Specifically what staged, false-flag and fake shooting events are you referring to?

Where do I even start? Operation Gladio, Gulf of Tonkin, the first Gulf War bullshit where Iraqis were tossing babies out of the incubators which was a total lie, the OKC bombing was a false flag, 9/11 was a false flag, the Aurora shooting in Colorado was a false flag, Sandy Hoax, I mean Hook was a false flag event. Charleston, South Carolina was a false flag, The Virginia TV reporter was a false flag. The San Bernardino was a staged event and the one in Orlando was staged and this corporate "gubermint" entity was behind each and every one of these. The powers that be need to make their serfs feel unsafe and vulnerable so that they will be willing to accept more draconian measures that take away their rights in the false narrative of the illusion that "da gubermint" can keep them safe. So, we have open borders, da gubermint is flying in muslim refugees covertly and overtly...the FBI has already said that muslim terrorist cells are in every state...but yet this corporate entity is wanting to disarm the public and leave them even more vulnerable while they fund the very terrorists that caused this situation to begin with...get it, now???

Bull puckey. You are the typical arrogant progressive who thinks you know more than anybody else. You don't. You use big words without fully understanding their meaning, and then when called out on it you resort to simple bluster and deflection. You're the epitome of the pseudo intellectual.

Well, while it's always a bit disappointing to extend one's hand to another in an attempt at understanding and have the effort rejected, it isn't important.

What is the fucking difference?
Semi-automatic: 1 round per trigger pull
Automatic: Fires until the trigger is released to the magazine runs out of ammo.
I hope that helps.

When you can fire off 30 rounds in under 10 seconds, and switch magazines in under 2 seconds, and the people you are killing are unarmed, what the hell is the difference?
Thak you for arguing against bans on 'hi-cap magazines'

You bastards have played with semantics far to long.
On the contrary.... you anti-gun loons have been arguing from ignorance for too long.
Of course, you CHOOSE to do so, so I don't imagine it will stop.

These guns were designed for one purpose only, killing people.
It does not matter how many times you repeat this lie, it remains a lie.

And are very easy to get, do not even have to go to a dealer. One person on the board from Missouri bought one with the ammo and extra magazines in a Walmart parking lot, no questions asked.
Welcome to freedomland were we do not exercise our rights by the leave of the state.

And each time with have tens of people gunned down, we go through the lies from people like you all over again.
Lies like "assault rifle" and "These guns were designed for one purpose only, killing people".

Eventually, someone will do something horrific enough with one of these assault weapons that they will flat out be outlawed, and merely possessing one will be a felony.
Do us a favor: Hold your breath until that happens.

And you are a lying asshole. The man that designed and built the first prototype of the AR and M-16 stated that it was for only one purpose, and that was to kill people on the battlefield, and he never imagined it in the hands of civilians.
This has nothing to do with the commercially produced semi-auto AR15, which is not a military weapon, not designed for warfare, not military grade and not issued to any member of any military anywhere.

From The New York Times 21 June 2016:
-------------------------------------------------------------
At one time, military-style assault rifles like the ones used at a nightclub in Orlando, Fla., and in other mass shootings represented a relatively small segment of sales for gun manufacturers.

But in recent decades, such guns serve as one of the two financial pillars of the firearms industry, along with smaller handguns that are designed to be concealed, which have been the biggest driver of sales.

Together, the popularity of the assault rifles and small handguns highlight how the industry has changed in recent decades, as people have increasingly turned to guns for self-defense and less for hunting.

...The popularity of handguns and assault weapons, experts say, reflects a fundamental shift over recent decades in who in America is buying guns and their reason for doing so.

Although about 50 percent of homes in the United States reported owning a firearm in the 1970s, that number by 2014 had fallen to 31 percent, according to the General Social Survey.
-------------------------------------------------------------

article

The greatest threat to the Second Amendment comes from the right:

Conservatives’ ignorance, stupidity, hyperbole, lies, and extremism that is in no way ‘representative’ of the vast majority of gun owners, and serves only to undermine the Second Amendment right.
The vast majority of anyone can't vote to take rights away from another group of people. EXCEPT in the case of a Constitutional Amendment.

So, saying "80% of Americans want to outlaw semi automatic rifles" is meaningless.

But you already knew that.

Another issue easily solved if Americans weren't ate up with the dumb ass.

Yep, but until libtards can recognize the difference between single shot auto-reloaders vrs military grade assault weapons, the pointless and purposeless proposal of 'assault weapons bans' will go on and on ad nauseum.

WhichIsAssaultRifle_zpsifoqa50g.jpg

The problem is not the arm or arms, it is psychology. The excessive fascination with these military style rifles indicates an unhealthy fetishism. A semi-auto 30.06 deer rifle just doesn't look 'bad', but it will sure enough kill at 600 meters and much further in the right hands.

Then I guess you could say the same about sports car owners.

The problem is not the arm or arms, it is psychology. The excessive fascination with these military style rifles indicates an unhealthy fetishism. A semi-auto 30.06 deer rifle just doesn't look 'bad', but it will sure enough kill at 600 meters and much further in the right hands.

Are you saying that sports cars, or sports car owners, are deadly out to 600 meters and more?

From The New York Times 21 June 2016:
At one time, military-style assault rifles....
Apparently her 'assault weapon' moniker has failed to generate the necessary emotional push; now it's the 'military-style assault rifles'.
Kinda sad wen you have to lie to make your point.
like the ones used at a nightclub in Orlando, Fla., and in other mass shootings represented a relatively small segment of sales for gun manufacturers.
But in recent decades, such guns serve as one of the two financial pillars of the firearms industry, along with smaller handguns that are designed to be concealed, which have been the biggest driver of sales.
Free market - whoohooo!
Together, the popularity of the assault rifles and small handguns highlight how the industry has changed in recent decades, as people have increasingly turned to guns for self-defense and less for hunting.
Seems reasonable to me, especially in that the right to keep and bear arms centers around self-defense.

Are you saying that sports cars, or sports car owners, are deadly out to 600 meters and more?

What makes them more deadly is they are out on public streets everyday.
My AR comes out a couple of times a month where there is no one for miles around.
So lets recap....a fast car on our public roads on a daily basis or an AR out in the boonies in a controlled environment a couple of times a month....
Yeah,the sports car is far more dangerous,and it kills far more people annually then the AR ever did.

Forum List

Back