As Warned Months Ago, Lib Media / Dems Declaring Red Wave Shrinking - Only Way To Steal An Election

RW, you're barking up the wrong tree. The bible is not as specific as you are demanding about obvious sins. If the commandment "Thou shalt not kill" is not understood by you, your demand should be directed to the Lord God himself. Contemporary deniers are jumping up and down for specifics. I'm not one of you. Sorry.

Yet Capital Punishment is encouraged

For Christs sake….Jesus was wrongly executed and the Bible says nothing about it

You would think Christians would oppose the death penalty because of Jesus…..But they are it’s strongest proponents

Yet Capital Punishment is encouraged

For Christs sake….Jesus was wrongly executed and the Bible says nothing about it

You would think Christians would oppose the death penalty because of Jesus…..But they are it’s strongest proponents
1. You misunderstand the commandment "thou shalt not kill."
2. You misunderstand the Bible describes the wrongful execution of Jesus Christ into minutia.
3. You failed to notice that state penalties are to be respected by believers, and we have no other choice.

The death penalty is of the state that practices it. We have no choice. The truth is some people lie to protect themselves or a loved one from prosecution and cause an innocent person to die in the place of themselves or a loved one. Some people will accuse an innocent man of raping his child so he will lose a divorce settlement into the millions and spend the rest of his life being spat upon by jailers, inmates, and when his time in jail ends, he gets to report to the Sheriff for the rest of his life for a crime he did not commit. The child is afraid to tell the truth because he loves his mother more than his father who is angrier than a pit bull someone just threw a rock at and may expect the child to free him of what his mother imposed on him. The Sherriff has no other choice than to obey the panacea of the law that was abused in order for a woman to take possession of all her ex's properties, investments, bank accounts, and the whole nine yards. A study at Northwestern University in the late 70s or early 80s shows that 16% of the people who are convicted of a major crime did not commit the crime they were convicted of. When the study came out, the presiding Governor of Illinois ordered an end to death penalties on his watch because for every 100 men who died in the chair, 16 of them were wrongfully executed by the state, and he couldn't abide that. That's what I remember about the strongest case against the death penalty by states.

If you are really as concerned as you say, ("For Christs sake.....") take it to Christ in prayer and he will give you relief.

RW, you're barking up the wrong tree. The bible is not as specific as you are demanding about obvious sins. If the commandment "Thou shalt not kill" is not understood by you, your demand should be directed to the Lord God himself. Contemporary deniers are jumping up and down for specifics. I'm not one of you. Sorry.
Actually, I believe the commandment was Thou shalt not murder, but I understand your meaning and your point.

Good idea there, getting your excuses for being a sad loser bitch in ahead of time.

What, you thought it wasn't obvious?
/----/ It wasn't a red wave and I thought it was a mistake to declare one in the heat of battle. But, all is not lost. We did win seats, and some minor races went our way. So it ain't a complete loss.

Actually, I believe the commandment was Thou shalt not murder, but I understand your meaning and your point.
In four thousand years, the Old Testament has been rewritten in numerous languages, by people who did their best to make clear a meaning that was not well understood or received by other scholars, and I've gotten acquainted with difficulties like that when I try to follow a cd of Old and New Testaments with a vocabulary totally different than the speaker's recitation of one Biblical source rather than the one I have, and I can see where there could be a small mixup or another that would be meat to one group of intellectuals and vegetable matter to another group, and I frequently stop, back up, and see why it's so hard to reread an entire thought whether great or small. I'm not surprised people who do not frequent the Bible get confused. I'm on my fourth reading, and it is difficult to hear one interpretation that hasn't the same words, but generally may have relativity unless a colloquialism perishes the thought. lol. Some parts were written in Aramaic, others only in Greek, others, Latin. Other considerations are cultural differences of people living in the First Century as opposed to those living in the 21st Century, AD. Moses may have first written his part of the Old Testament in Egyptian due to his specific education in the Royal courts of the country on the Nile. OTOH, he had at least 50 years to learn Hebrew before he returned to Let God's people Go by negotiating with the Pharoah who was his fellow student before he killed an Egyptian Captain who was beating a Hebrew to death for the minor offense of fainting on the job. Moses wrote the Pentateuch, to the best of my knowledge, to make sure his birth family would remember the laws that make a society prosper and bloom. Most of my Bible translations say "kill." Maybe I missed one. Thanks for the input, Concerned American.

In four thousand years, the Old Testament has been rewritten in numerous languages, by people who did their best to make clear a meaning that was not well understood or received by other scholars, and I've gotten acquainted with difficulties like that when I try to follow a cd of Old and New Testaments with a vocabulary totally different than the speaker's recitation of one Biblical source rather than the one I have, and I can see where there could be a small mixup or another that would be meat to one group of intellectuals and vegetable matter to another group, and I frequently stop, back up, and see why it's so hard to reread an entire thought whether great or small. I'm not surprised people who do not frequent the Bible get confused. I'm on my fourth reading, and it is difficult to hear one interpretation that hasn't the same words, but generally may have relativity unless a colloquialism perishes the thought. lol. Some parts were written in Aramaic, others only in Greek, others, Latin. Other considerations are cultural differences of people living in the First Century as opposed to those living in the 21st Century, AD. Moses may have first written his part of the Old Testament in Egyptian due to his specific education in the Royal courts of the country on the Nile. OTOH, he had at least 50 years to learn Hebrew before he returned to Let God's people Go by negotiating with the Pharoah who was his fellow student before he killed an Egyptian Captain who was beating a Hebrew to death for the minor offense of fainting on the job. Moses wrote the Pentateuch, to the best of my knowledge, to make sure his birth family would remember the laws that make a society prosper and bloom. Most of my Bible translations say "kill." Maybe I missed one. Thanks for the input, Concerned American.
There is a difference between killing and murder. I don't believe the Lord put a blanket commandment that prohibited killing--it is a very broad commandment in regards to killing an insect, plant or animal. Murder is very specific to people. Do you think the Lord commanded against mercy killing? (Not that I am a proponent nor would I like to be in a position to carry one out.)

Forum List

Back