arguing with a JW about eternal Hell

So why wasn't God honest with Adam? "And the Lord God commanded the man, “You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it you will certainly die.” ( Gen 2 16,17 ) Shouldn't God have said '...for when you eat from it you will certainly burn in Hell forever'?
who are humans (sinners) to question God?

which is not to say I never have... not hardly... But that's what I tell myself when I don't understand Him....

it's just one of the many crosses we have to bear... not understanding...

but bear it we must.

So was creating humans so that they can suffer eternal torment His whole raison d'etre?
There are very few people who get together with people or invite people to join in because they want to see someone suffer. Usually, we invite people to join in because we are having a good time or learning something useful. God invited us into existence for two reasons: To learn and to have fun.

We sinners find a lot of His actions questionable, and offensive.

So was creating humans so that they can suffer eternal torment His whole raison d'etre? Does seeing that get Him excited? Aroused? Randy? You know what I mean.
oh brother

projecting human weakness and perversion onto God... great..

Learn the Truth Faith and then maybe we can carry on an intelligent conversation...

This is the way my arguments with JWs usually go

jw: there is no Hell, just the common grave

me That's not what the Bible says

jw: y'all have a fake Bible

me No we don't, except that some versions aren't the best. But I have one that is non-interpretative, the Douay Rheims

jw Doesn't matter, there is not hell, just the common grave.

me It says clearly in Mt 25:31 that all those who do not treat Christians as they would Jesus (paraphrase) "will go off into eternal punishment." You can't change the words of Scripture..

jw Doesn't matter, there is no hell, just the common grave. Jesus didn't mean Eternal punishment.. No one is punished forever..

me But is says right here in Mt 25:31 and other places..

jw Doesn't matter There is no hell, just the common grave..

me Um... Otay.. i have to go fix dinner now..

Anyone who actually knows God, knows 100% for sure-- eternal suffering teachings were symbolism. A SADIST would create a literal place of eternal suffering. God is LOVE. Gods justice scales are in perfect balance--So for 70-100 years of a sinful existence, God could not condemn one to- trillions x trillions x trillions, etc of never ending years of suffering= 100% fact. This is what God set before all-Deuteronomy 30:19--Life or Death--both will be eternal.

The symbolism of eternal suffering teachings is--As each new day dawns in Gods kingdom, they miss each day, it NEVER ends--likened to an eternal suffering.

Blind guides that do not know God teach a literal eternal suffering.

me No we don't, except that some versions aren't the best. But I have one that is non-interpretative, the Douay Rheims

me It says clearly in Mt 25:31 that all those who do not treat Christians as they would Jesus (paraphrase) "will go off into eternal punishment." You can't change the words of Scripture..

jw Doesn't matter, there is no hell, just the common grave. Jesus didn't mean Eternal punishment.. No one is punished forever..

So why wasn't God honest with Adam? "And the Lord God commanded the man, “You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it you will certainly die.” ( Gen 2 16,17 ) Shouldn't God have said '...for when you eat from it you will certainly burn in Hell forever'?
The problem is with Man creating their own doctrine, not with God lying.

The entire world believes the eternal hell doctrine. that Is the lie

Being eternally separated from God.
So you believe in eternal soul and you can't really die? So God lied?

Maybe consider "eternal punishment" is DEATH in the Lake o Fire with no possibility of RESURRECTION FROM DEATH

So you believe in eternal soul and you can't really die? So God lied?

Maybe consider "eternal punishment" is DEATH in the Lake o Fire with no possibility of RESURRECTION FROM DEATH
God does not destroy what He created. Being separated does not mean death. It means He withdraws His Spirit. That is my concept of hell.

Jews and Muslims don't believe in eternal hell either.

Forum List

Back