arguing with a JW about eternal Hell

People like him have no desire to learn from scripture or to know God. They are semi-clever Bible "lawyers". Their goal is simple. Find - or create - a point of contention and use it to weaken or destroy the faith of people who find comfort in the word of God. Christ spoke of these when he mentioned that

"It would be better for them to be thrown into the sea with a millstone tied around their neck than to cause one of these little ones to stumble".
i forgot whom you are referring to... little time to go back and see..

But yeh, there are plenty of people who try to get Christians to stumble..

"If your foot causes you to stumble, cut it off and cast it from you" Jesus said...

kind of difficult living without a foot... (laugh) but.. better than "livingg without" in Hell forever... :oops:

A grave is a grave... You are screwing around assigning it other meanings... just like when you fool with Isaiah and Hosea.

Look They have found over 4,000 clay icons to Asherah in Jerusalem so some pagan practices lingered..

Escaping Fundamentalism

are u jw?

how do you explain Mt 25:31

"these will go off to eternal punishment"

?

God does not destroy what He created. Being separated does not mean death. It means He withdraws His Spirit. That is my concept of hell.
Are you saying that everyone has the Holy Spirit within them?

That's my belief.
not everyone has the Holy Spirit.. I say people who are habitually lying all day every day have NO Holy Spirit... They have stifled it, rationalized their lying...

not exactly holy

not everyone has the Holy Spirit.. I say people who are habitually lying all day every day have NO Holy Spirit... They have stifled it, rationalized their lying...

not exactly holy
It's my belief that they do.

everyone is created in God's image... However, that does not mean a person actually stays (much( in that image... A lot of times, people just throw out anything God-like in themselves... so they can "party on Garth" and etc...

and pretty soon, it just kind of goes away...

it's called the Dim party, basically

everyone is created in God's image... However, that does not mean a person actually stays (much( in that image... A lot of times, people just throw out anything God-like in themselves... so they can "party on Garth" and etc...

The first of humanity was in the image of God, as they were told, when there had never been any sin. The image of God is just seen in submission and obedience to God's will. So it is not general to all people.

Whatever hell is that will be after this life it will be God's fair judgment for those who were not ever repentant towards their wrongdoing and going contrary to God.

Gods image = the ability to love and reason.

There wouldnt be 34,000 religions claiming to be christian if they had holy spirit. The holy spirit is not confused, mens dogmas taught in the schools of men is what has the confusion, because they do not have holy spirit. The translations are filled with errors from centuries ago.

There wouldnt be 34,000 religions claiming to be christian if they had holy spirit. The holy spirit is not confused, mens dogmas taught in the schools of men is what has the confusion, because they do not have holy spirit. The translations are filled with errors from centuries ago.
Diversity of beliefs is not a bad thing. Or don't you trust God?

yet there it is in black and white in every Bible I've ever read (which number is not inconsiderable)

"These will go off into eternal punishment"
I'm not "JW" but THEY ARE RIGHT as far as I understand their teaching on the issue.

"Eternal punishment" DOES NOT mean they will be tortured for eternity.

Eternal punishment means they will DIE in the Lake of Fire, at the end of this world, and their death will be FOREVER, with no more hope of a Resurrection to Eternal life.

The Catholic Church, and her daughters teach christianized PAGANISM on 5his issue (and so many others)

Forum List

Back