Zone1 Why are Jehovah Witnesses SO closed-minded to anything not written by the JWs?

In fact, I specifically said that ALL people can get to Heaven, regardless of whether they think Jesus was a deity of some sort.
That's a recent amendment on behalf of Christianity in general, expressly for the purpose of not diminishing the flock unnecessarily with dogma.

Did the JW's buy into it?

Apparently not, and it could pay dividends for them when there's a rush of Catholics seeking a safe base for their beliefs.

I have had encounters w/ JWs throughout my life. Most of the time, no matter what facts you give them.. facts about the history of Christianity or related matters, they argue, argue, argue... and won't even discuss the topics you bring up, to s peak of... except to refer you back to their literature, which I gave up on validating in any way long years ago...

For one thing, the JWs don't believe in eternal punishment after an unrepentant sinner dies. That is a direct contradiction of Jesus Christ who used those EXACT words (Mt 25:31-46)

Also, they do not believe Jesus is God. But Jesus SAID He is God--

a little problem there

"If you have seen Me, you have seen the Father" Jesus said

He also said: "The Father and I are one"
They also have this strange idea that only 144,000 people will be in heaven with God. This, despite the untold numbers from every tribe, tongue, and people seen standing before the throne. Then, they HOPE they'll be one of the chosen ones. All this, despite:

13 I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life.

They also have this strange idea that only 144,000 people will be in heaven with God. This, despite the untold numbers from every tribe, tongue, and people seen standing before the throne. Then, they HOPE they'll be one of the chosen ones. All this, despite:

13 I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life.
You can't begrudge them staying true to the faith that every Christian was ordered to have on the fact that if you chose the wrong sect then you were screwed. They didn't backslide the last I heard.

Unfortunatly, backsliding is now synonymous wit the Catholic religion. There's no bigger slide than accepting Darwin!

I forgot about the 144K

not many considering all the humans who have lived on Earth!

You can't begrudge them staying true to the faith that every Christian was ordered to have on the fact that if you chose the wrong sect then you were screwed. They didn't backslide the last I heard.

Unfortunatly, backsliding is now synonymous wit the Catholic religion. There's no bigger slide than accepting Darwin!
Accepting evolution is more a mild form of insanity than spiritual backsliding. :omg:

We all know many silly close-minded JWs, RCs, Mormons, various evangelicals and fundie and Pentecostals, and Muslims and so on and so forth. It has always been so.

Hey boobalicious--- Souls are part and parcel of God himself, a finite but eternal spark of divinity, they cannot die because they are never born. The soul does not clock time in the temporal world.
Source?

Many are just following "club rules". One 'believes' what their denomination believes (whether they actually believe it or not). Been there, done that. :(
I have been in Christ's Presence

many t imes

Even Francis doesn't seem to have the power to get rid of the Real Presence... Would he if he could?

God knows

Sources of proof are different for the natural and the supernatural, the atheist and the theist.

You all are just going to wind yourselves up for no good reason.

I have had encounters w/ JWs throughout my life. Most of the time, no matter what facts you give them.. facts about the history of Christianity or related matters, they argue, argue, argue... and won't even discuss the topics you bring up, to s peak of... except to refer you back to their literature, which I gave up on validating in any way long years ago...

For one thing, the JWs don't believe in eternal punishment after an unrepentant sinner dies. That is a direct contradiction of Jesus Christ who used those EXACT words (Mt 25:31-46)

Also, they do not believe Jesus is God. But Jesus SAID He is God--

a little problem there

"If you have seen Me, you have seen the Father" Jesus said

He also said: "The Father and I are one"
The First chapter of Revelation is pretty clear. Jesus said He is the beginning and the end, the Alpha and Omega.

They're brainwashed. Brainwashed minds can't think. When they see a Scripture that contradicts their doctrine their mind immediately rejects the Scripture. Same with Mormons. It's demonic.

The First chapter of Revelation is pretty clear. Jesus said He is the beginning and the end, the Alpha and Omega.

They're brainwashed. Brainwashed minds can't think. When they see a Scripture that contradicts their doctrine their mind immediately rejects the Scripture. Same with Mormons. It's demonic.
I agree... I hesitate to say it is demonic with ALL of them...Some people are just.. well, we are all weak in this or that way.. But one can be ignorant of what one is doing/saying and still be "demonic" objectively...

hmmm... I never thought of that b4... that last thing, but it is true.. Hopefully people find their way out of the fake religions

Forum List

Back