arguing with a JW about eternal Hell

Do you comprehend what occurs when you omit the actual language and attempt to mold the information with your own story? You are suggesting that it was the doctrine of biblical Isarel to make human sacrifices and God condoned such action. You presented a half truth, in order to make the appearance of TRUTH. You present the Book Chapter and Verse but suggest the content is referencing something totally different in order to fit it into your religious narrative.

You presented the reason that God destroyed all those who practiced human sacrifice....but conveniently omitted the fact that GOD forbid such a practice and destroyed the practice totally because it was corrupting some within Israel.

Ahaz: "..............but he did not that which was right in the sight of the Lord; Like David his father. (2 Chron. 28:1).

Ahaz: ".......Wherefore the Lord his God delivered him into the hand of the king of Syria; and they smote him; and carried away a great multitude of them captive......" (Vs 5)

And the punishment for his crimes against humanity? "And he was delivered into the hand of the king of Israel who smote him with a great slaughter." (Vs 5).

This is exactly why God ordered the total destruction of those who made practice of the perverse pagan gods.....they were corrupting some Israelites. It began (Jer.19: 2-6)

More examples of the corruption of the Canaanite gods, some constructed alters to sacrifice(Jer. 7:31) "..........which I (the Lord God) commanded them not, neither came it into My heart."

Don't be ridiculous..The verses are clearly identified. They aren't so stupid they can't read.

The Hebrews didn't become monotheists overnight. They struggled.. They were originally Canaanites who followed the Canaanite pantheon.

Don't be ridiculous..The verses are clearly identified. They aren't so stupid they can't read.

The Hebrews didn't become monotheists overnight. They struggled.. They were originally Canaanites who followed the Canaanite pantheon.
Indeed, and I presented the actual CONTENT found within the original CONTEXT. Or can't you read? The Lord God of Isarel forbid such a practice, He punished those who practiced it with death, and the TEXT that you omitted is found directly in the passages you presented with your own narrative.

How think do you stupid people to be? :dunno:

Indeed, and I presented the actual CONTENT found within the original CONTEXT. Or can't you read? The Lord God of Isarel forbid such a practice, He punished those who practiced it with death, and the TEXT that you omitted is found directly in the passages you presented with your own narrative.

How think do you stupid people to be? :dunno:

Sheol just means GRAVE not hell.

Sheol just means GRAVE not hell.
Deflect MUCH? ;) The grave is the place that the spirit goes awaiting judgment. The other is a place of eternal punishment and there is a great void between the 2. Hell, Hades, Shoel............easily understood. The point being that Biblical Israel did not practice worshiping pagan gods, The Lord God forbid such a practice and finally destroyed those who practiced it and was corrupting some Israelites......... removing them and their seed from the earth.

You were caught in the act of presenting book, chapter and verse without presenting any text while providing your own narrative in order to fit it into your argument.

Last edited:
Deflect MUCH? ;) The grave is the place that the spirit goes awaiting judgment. The other is a place of eternal punishment and there is a great void between the 2. Hell, Hades, Shoel............easily understood. The point being that Biblical Israel did not practice worshiping pagan gods, The Lord God forbid such a practice and finally destroyed those who practiced it that was corrupting some Israelites removing them and their seed from the earth.

A grave is a grave... You are screwing around assigning it other meanings... just like when you fool with Isaiah and Hosea.

Look They have found over 4,000 clay icons to Asherah in Jerusalem so some pagan practices lingered..

Escaping Fundamentalism

A grave is a grave... You are screwing around assigning it other meanings... just like when you fool with Isaiah and Hosea.

Look They have found over 4,000 clay icons to Asherah in Jerusalem so some pagan practices lingered..

Escaping Fundamentalism

I have always found it troubling that a loving, kind, justice loving God would send a person to burn in hell forever for being a bad person for 70 or 80 years on earth. Just never made sense.

Hell isn't a Biblical concept.. Sheol just means grave which is common to all humanity.

Like I said, it is real. I take God at his word, all of it. You pick and choose what you want to believe. The word is used throughout the Bible.

Escaping Fundamentalism

Let's take a look at that...

fun·da·men·tal·ism
a form of a religion, especially Islam or Protestant Christianity, that upholds belief in the strict, literal interpretation of scripture.

You use it as an epithet, it's not. People like you simply don't like the truth of the word so you change things around to suit your own belief system. That's not the way it works. The Word is true or it isn't, it doesn't change to whatever you want it to say. You cannot be saved because you cannot accept what God says.

I have always found it troubling that a loving, kind, justice loving God would send a person to burn in hell forever for being a bad person for 70 or 80 years on earth. Just never made sense.
so 70 to 80 yrs is not a long enough time to learn how to do good and avoid evil?

sheez... You make the case for chistianity w/ this post

Let's take a look at that...

fun·da·men·tal·ism
a form of a religion, especially Islam or Protestant Christianity, that upholds belief in the strict, literal interpretation of scripture.

You use it as an epithet, it's not. People like you simply don't like the truth of the word so you change things around to suit your own belief system. That's not the way it works. The Word is true or it isn't, it doesn't change to whatever you want it to say. You cannot be saved because you cannot accept what God says.

Fundamentlaism doesn't mean literalism in Islam..It means they adhere to the 5 fundamental requirements like Prayer, Hajj, Alms, Profession of faith and Fasting.

Have you never heard of the Asherah Pole in the Bible?

Until you find yourself in Hell for being a fool.

The bible clearly teaches--the true living God is a God of justice, love, merciful. The first point-Justice-- For 70-100 years of a sinful existence The true living God could not condemn one to- trillions x trillions x trillions etc of never ending years of suffering. There is no justice in that scenario. of a literal place of suffering. A sadist would create such a reality.
The reality is-- Symbolism taught on the matter in the NT. Something like this: As each new day dawns in Gods kingdom, they miss each one, it never ends. They miss Gods love each one of those days as well. Likened to an eternal suffering.

oh brother

projecting human weakness and perversion onto God... great..

Learn the Truth Faith and then maybe we can carry on an intelligent conversation...
People like him have no desire to learn from scripture or to know God. They are semi-clever Bible "lawyers". Their goal is simple. Find - or create - a point of contention and use it to weaken or destroy the faith of people who find comfort in the word of God. Christ spoke of these when he mentioned that

"It would be better for them to be thrown into the sea with a millstone tied around their neck than to cause one of these little ones to stumble".

Fundamentlaism doesn't mean literalism in Islam..It means they adhere to the 5 fundamental requirements like Prayer, Hajj, Alms, Profession of faith and Fasting.

What branch of Islam are those who murder non-Muslims as part of a holy war? Or is it your contention that this doesn't happen with Muslims?

What branch of Islam are those who murder non-Muslims as part of a holy war? Or is it your contention that this doesn't happen with Muslims?

Actually that's forbidden in Islam.. They are only allowed defensive war. The rules of warfare are suprisingly enlightened compared to the OT..That's not to say they have always played by their own rules.

since u didn't say how i was missing it

must not be missing it
The point Papageorgio was making was that it would be incongruous for a loving, kind, justice loving supreme being to torture someone for eternity because during their fleeting few years of life they didn't or couldn't meet the supreme being's requirements nor develop or have the potential to develop the right character needed to spend eternity with this supreme being.

ok, you may need to explain. I hav read Revelation (and the whole Bible), but cannot recall just now how Ch 1 goes..

I always like to mention Mt 25:31 since they claim to go by the Bible so much and others like Catholics of course do not... yet there it is in black and white in every Bible I've ever read (which number is not inconsiderable)

"These will go off into eternal punishment"

seems pretty clear to me... i dunno... maybe I am an idiot... I did support Trump, ya know... still do.. been called an idiot for that..

Make American More Idiotic

:)
Jw believe God the Father is Jehovah
The scriptures clearly teach Jesus Christ is Jehovah
If alpha and omega is Jehovah, then Jehovah died
“ I was once dead and now I’m alive”

The subject is not Islam.

Forum List

Back