arguing with a JW about eternal Hell

I don't know about hell, but there is definitely no heaven in the Bible, as it is usually understood. There is simply an uprising of dead flesh and further life on earth. These ideas about heaven and hell seem to come from other religions and they do not correspond to Abrahamicism.
in itself, the opposition "heaven and hell" looks cartoonish there

In addition, the word Hell originally meant the sun, hence Helios, so the concept of hell closer exactly to the Heaven

image010.png

I just tell them I am not interested and they leave. Not sure what the issue is, they are free to practice their religion. No big deal.

Slavic word Ad, closer in meaning to the concept of the underworld, it comes from the king of the dungeon Hades.
From Hades comes also word God.

What do you mean by eternal hell?

This will work

Revelation 21:8​

8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death

This will work

8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death
This seems to be referring to the lake of fire and not hell.

These are close concepts. In general, this was the name of any fire, including the sun.
In general, it seems that these people were afraid of the sun, and not of the dungeon.
the very word fear speaks about it

These are close concepts. In general, this was the name of any fire, including the sun.
In general, it seems that these people were afraid of the sun, and not of the dungeon.
the very word fear speaks about it
Except that Revelation 20:14 says that hell was cast into the lake of fire so it seems that they are 2 different things.

This is the way my arguments with JWs usually go

jw: there is no Hell, just the common grave

me That's not what the Bible says

jw: y'all have a fake Bible

me No we don't, except that some versions aren't the best. But I have one that is non-interpretative, the Douay Rheims

jw Doesn't matter, there is not hell, just the common grave.

me It says clearly in Mt 25:31 that all those who do not treat Christians as they would Jesus (paraphrase) "will go off into eternal punishment." You can't change the words of Scripture..

jw Doesn't matter, there is no hell, just the common grave. Jesus didn't mean Eternal punishment.. No one is punished forever..

me But is says right here in Mt 25:31 and other places..

jw Doesn't matter There is no hell, just the common grave..

me Um... Otay.. i have to go fix dinner now..
Its useless to argue with fools. A "fool" believes everything he hears. (Prov. 14:15). And what "he hears" comes from a cult that has invented their own supposed Bible, a Bible that apparently has predicted the end of the world at least 5 times and the prophecies have failed to occur. Why should anyone accept anything they have to say as Biblical Truth when they have been demonstrably proven to be errant in their teachings as documented by history (5x)?

1.1878 2. 1881 3. 1914 4. 1918 5. 1925

Yes.. Gehenna where they burned garbage.

The word gehenna is the Greek transliteration of the Hebrew ge-hinnom, meaning “Valley of [the sons of] Hinnom.”This valley south of Jerusalem was where some of the ancient Israelites “passed children through the fire” (sacrificed their children) to the Canaanite god Molech (2 Chronicles 28:3; 33:6; Jeremiah 7:31; 19:2–6).

This will work

See Revelation 19..Titus is the false prophet who orders that everyone who doesn't worship Caesar be killed.

So you're saying that the lake of fire will be absorbed into hell? But then that wouldn't answer where hell will be.

Solo Scriptura, the Bible tells you where it is. Not going to chase your tail with you.

Yes.. Gehenna where they burned garbage.

The word gehenna is the Greek transliteration of the Hebrew ge-hinnom, meaning “Valley of [the sons of] Hinnom.”This valley south of Jerusalem was where some of the ancient Israelites “passed children through the fire” (sacrificed their children) to the Canaanite god Molech (2 Chronicles 28:3; 33:6; Jeremiah 7:31; 19:2–6).

Do you comprehend what occurs when you omit the actual language and attempt to mold the information with your own story? You are suggesting that it was the doctrine of biblical Isarel to make human sacrifices and God condoned such action. You presented a half truth, in order to make the appearance of TRUTH. You present the Book Chapter and Verse but suggest the content is referencing something totally different in order to fit it into your religious narrative.

You presented the reason that God destroyed all those who practiced human sacrifice....but conveniently omitted the fact that GOD forbid such a practice and destroyed the practice totally because it was corrupting some within Israel.

IT WAS NOT ISRAEL THAT PRACTICED HUMAN SACRIFICE......IT WAS THOSE WHO WORSHIPED THE PAGAN ART OF HUMAN SACRIFICE CARRIED OVER FROM THE HITTIES INTO "CANAANE"......IT WAS THE CANAANITES THAT WORSHIPED MOLECH, BAAL....ETC.,

These practices originated not with Biblical Israel........but the Canaanites, the Hitties, etc.,

Ahaz: "..............but he did not that which was right in the sight of the Lord; Like David his father. (2 Chron. 28:1).

Ahaz: ".......Wherefore the Lord his God delivered him into the hand of the king of Syria; and they smote him; and carried away a great multitude of them captive......" (Vs 5)

And the punishment for his crimes against humanity? "And he was delivered into the hand of the king of Israel who smote him with a great slaughter." (Vs 5).

This is exactly why God ordered the total destruction of those who made practice of the perverse pagan gods.....they were corrupting some Israelites. It began (Jer.19: 2-6)

More examples of the corruption of the Canaanite gods, some constructed alters to sacrifice(Jer. 7:31) "..........which I (the Lord God) commanded them not, neither came it into My heart."

God was more than justified in destroying these Satanic Cults.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back