Aren't these Trump rallies expensive?

Seems like Trump is having constant rallies even though the next election is far away. Doesn't he have a job to do? Aren't these using up lots of tax dollars?

Trump campaign to hold rallies in Mississippi, Kentucky
Well speaking of jobs to do, Um yeah. Same could be said for the constant investigations and call for impeachment of Trump by some democrats. Instead of tax paid wild goose chases, how about they just legislate and do their jobs?
Well, the House has passed over a hundred bills but Republican leader Moscow Mitch will not allow the Senate to vote on them.

Last edited:
I"m sure most people don't believe you have no side as you're obviously an anti-Trump'r. But let me give you and excerpt from economist Walter E Williams.

"I'm going to run for office. My platform will be no spending. I plan on bringing zero dollars to my state. Now what do you suppose my chances would be at getting elected?"

The truth of the matter is that politicians have no choice but to spend, because this is what is expected of them.

For instance, let's say we're going to cut food stamps in half. The Democrats would be screaming to high heavens about the women, children and elderly that will go without eating. If the Democrats propose cutting our military budget in half, the people on my side would be enraged because that could have a serous consequence to our national security. If Trump proposes cutting welfare down to the bone, the left would be predicting starving children, and an increase in robberies, burglaries, and death. If the Democrats propose making people work until the age of 72 before you could collect SS benefits, the people on the right would be upset about middle-class blue collar workers, where physical labor is nearly impossible even up to the age of 65. And the list goes on and on and on.

Everybody wants less spending, but nobody is willing to sacrifice for it. So is it the fault of politicians, or is the fault of us?
Some of us will vote for responsible politicians. There was a time we didn't constantly have huge deficits. We still had poliiticians.

Yes there was. But this is what I call my Ray from Cleveland's raccoon theory.

You see a hungry raccoon digging in your garbage can and feel sorry for the animal. So you go inside the house, and fetch that leftover ham you were going to throw away at the end of the week anyhow. After the animal eats in delight for a few seconds, try to take that ham away and see what happens to you.

The Democrats are well aware of my theory, although they may think of it in a different way, but humans are not that different than animals, where once you give them something, it's rightfully theirs as far as they are concerned. So few if any politicians right or left are willing to get their hand chewed up trying to take it away.

Now Democrats are pushing for Medicare for all, and free college. If they get away with it, those are government handouts nobody will ever be able to take away from the people, regardless how good or bad it works out.

That's the problem.
And trump gave out huge tax cuts we couldn't afford. He also spent huge on military and agreed to anything the dems wanted to spend on. The bar keeps getting lowered, every 2 years one party gets the upper hand on the other because the previous party did a bad job. If one were to actually do a good job they would likely be reelected. I know few people looking for handouts. Even freezing spending would be good at this point.

You keep saying “tax cuts we cannot afford” yet your plan (more taxes) will result in higher unemployment and a diminishing tax base. Why / how do you think we can afford fewer people paying taxes?
My plan? I didn’t know I had mentioned a plan. I can tell you deficits were smaller before trump, much smaller.
Obama had smaller deficits than Trump? What planet do you live on?

They got better under Obama? What are you smoking?
Yer fellowing tRumpling posted the charts.

Read them and tell me when things turned around.
You mean the slowest recovery since the Great Depression?

The worst recessions typically have the worse recoveries.
That's exactly the opposite of the truth. The worst recessions happen when Democrats are in office.
The Bush Recession started 4th quarter of 2007.
Obama made it 10 times worse.

Some of us will vote for responsible politicians. There was a time we didn't constantly have huge deficits. We still had poliiticians.

You see a hungry raccoon digging in your garbage can and feel sorry for the animal. So you go inside the house, and fetch that leftover ham you were going to throw away at the end of the week anyhow. After the animal eats in delight for a few seconds, try to take that ham away and see what happens to you.

The Democrats are well aware of my theory, although they may think of it in a different way, but humans are not that different than animals, where once you give them something, it's rightfully theirs as far as they are concerned. So few if any politicians right or left are willing to get their hand chewed up trying to take it away.

Now Democrats are pushing for Medicare for all, and free college. If they get away with it, those are government handouts nobody will ever be able to take away from the people, regardless how good or bad it works out.

That's the problem.
And trump gave out huge tax cuts we couldn't afford. He also spent huge on military and agreed to anything the dems wanted to spend on. The bar keeps getting lowered, every 2 years one party gets the upper hand on the other because the previous party did a bad job. If one were to actually do a good job they would likely be reelected. I know few people looking for handouts. Even freezing spending would be good at this point.

You keep saying “tax cuts we cannot afford” yet your plan (more taxes) will result in higher unemployment and a diminishing tax base. Why / how do you think we can afford fewer people paying taxes?
My plan? I didn’t know I had mentioned a plan. I can tell you deficits were smaller before trump, much smaller.
We went from deficits of about $600 Billion when trump took over to over a $trillion now. You aren't good with math?

That's the problem.
If trump had done what he said and actually worked toward a balanced budget, would you still vote for him?

I would, but again, it depends on what he had to cut. Of course that would never happen. If Trump cut all the Democrat goodies out of the budget, the Democrats would shutdown the government, just like they did with Trump's demand of a wall. And who does the media always blame when a government shutdown happens?
I think the people would support a freeze on increases. Dems can't do anything if the majority agree with the move. They are politicians after all, they won't fight something that is popular. But instead deficit Donald has actually increased the Obama deficits.

First of all, where do you people get this idea that the President spends the money? The President can make out the budget, but it has to have the blessings of the US Congress. If an opposition Congress is in charge, there are usually a lot of taking out and putting in to that budget.

If you look at the deficit decreases during the DumBama era, it was after Republicans took over the House. Everything they fought about was over money. It led to the shutting down of government. It lead to us losing our three star credit rating for the first time in our history. It led to the sequester.

So don't go blaming the President for everything when Congress has the US checkbook.

Do tell: what would people support getting cut to stop deficit growth? Because after all, the only way to stop deficit growth is to take goodies from people. Now tell me what people would do without, or with less of and still support the President or Congress.
Trump owns the republicans and they had full control for 2 years. Deficits skyrocketed.

Let's look at that:

DumBama won in 2008. He lost leadership of the House in 2010. Trump won in 2016. He lost leadership of Congress in 2018. Now look at the chart again in a more realistic view.

55151-home-cover.png

Yer fellowing tRumpling posted the charts.

Read them and tell me when things turned around.

That's exactly the opposite of the truth. The worst recessions happen when Democrats are in office.
And that led to the longest expansion in history? You seem to suffer from partisan stupidity.

If trump had done what he said and actually worked toward a balanced budget, would you still vote for him?

I would, but again, it depends on what he had to cut. Of course that would never happen. If Trump cut all the Democrat goodies out of the budget, the Democrats would shutdown the government, just like they did with Trump's demand of a wall. And who does the media always blame when a government shutdown happens?
I think the people would support a freeze on increases. Dems can't do anything if the majority agree with the move. They are politicians after all, they won't fight something that is popular. But instead deficit Donald has actually increased the Obama deficits.

First of all, where do you people get this idea that the President spends the money? The President can make out the budget, but it has to have the blessings of the US Congress. If an opposition Congress is in charge, there are usually a lot of taking out and putting in to that budget.

If you look at the deficit decreases during the DumBama era, it was after Republicans took over the House. Everything they fought about was over money. It led to the shutting down of government. It lead to us losing our three star credit rating for the first time in our history. It led to the sequester.

So don't go blaming the President for everything when Congress has the US checkbook.

Do tell: what would people support getting cut to stop deficit growth? Because after all, the only way to stop deficit growth is to take goodies from people. Now tell me what people would do without, or with less of and still support the President or Congress.
Trump owns the republicans and they had full control for 2 years. Deficits skyrocketed.

Let's look at that:

DumBama won in 2008. He lost leadership of the House in 2010. Trump won in 2016. He lost leadership of Congress in 2018. Now look at the chart again in a more realistic view.

View attachment 285478
I see deficits generally declining at the end of Obama and then drastically increasing with trump.

Let's look at that:

View attachment 285478
I see deficits generally declining at the end of Obama and then drastically increasing with trump.

You must know nothing about how our government works. I think that's the problem. But I'll try to explain it one more time: Congress has the checkbook for our country, not the President. Now look at that chart thinking of the House and not the President, and you'll see things in a more realistic way.

Let's look at that:

View attachment 285478

You must know nothing about how our government works. I think that's the problem. But I'll try to explain it one more time: Congress has the checkbook for our country, not the President. Now look at that chart thinking of the House and not the President, and you'll see things in a more realistic way.
I see the Republicans gaining full control after Obama and deficits increasing drastically.

Ever since Trump was elected, sour grapes. Jesus Christ, the Russiagate thing, years of investigations, millions of dollars spent for WHAT? Let me see here, this current Ukraine investigation will spend more $ to investigate Trump and many months, when he's got a year in office...What is the point? Doesn't that seem wasteful?

Ever since Trump was elected, sour grapes. Jesus Christ, the Russiagate thing, years of investigations, millions of dollars spent for WHAT? Let me see here, this current Ukraine investigation will spend more $ to investigate Trump and many months, when he's got less than a year in office...What is the point? Doesn't that seem wasteful?
I wouldn't disagree that much of it seems wasteful. I'm certainly not trying to defend the Dems. But I heard from Repubs for years that Obama travel was wasteful and I agreed with them. And now that Trump seems even worse those same people tell me it is ok. Very confusing.

That's the problem.

We went from deficits of about $600 Billion when trump took over to over a $trillion now. You aren't good with math?
The bottom line, he had higher deficits that Trump. He had one year with a $1.4 trillion deficit.

I love the way you make excuses for your messiah but then wine that Republicans don't do anything about spending.

That didn't actually happen.

Who told you that?

Crepitus, do you know that the Deficit is a paper number and the increase in the Debt is an actual number?

Deficit%202000%20to%202020-X2.jpg

What's funny Brain357?
Your chart clearly shows how much deficits have increased with trump.
You mean if you ignore how much they increased under Obama.
If you look at the last year of Obama and compare to the trump years.
Hell, look at the last 5-6 years

And that led to the longest expansion in history? You seem to suffer from partisan stupidity.
No, I think it's just ordinary stupidity.

It was long only because it was the slowest expansion in history.

Let's look at that:

View attachment 285478

I see the Republicans gaining full control after Obama and deficits increasing drastically.

Very good. Now we're getting somewhere. And what happened when Republicans got control of the House? Deficits decreased. When did they increase? When Democrats had control of the House.

The bottom line, he had higher deficits that Trump. He had one year with a $1.4 trillion deficit.

I love the way you make excuses for your messiah but then wine that Republicans don't do anything about spending.
I'm not making excuses for Obama, you are making excuses for your messiah. After years of telling me how bad Obama was, your guy comes in with full party control and drastically increases deficits. You just have excuses.

It was long only because it was the slowest expansion in history.
It's a pretty good feat.

Let's look at that:

View attachment 285478

Very good. Now we're getting somewhere. And what happened when Republicans got control of the House? Deficits decreased. When did they increase? When Democrats had control of the House.
Deficits increase with trump and full repub control. They declined just about every year Obama was in office. Which one would expect given how horrible the first year was.

Forum List

Back